Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you when Black Shark (2? - I forget) was released without much warning?

Armageddon! Absolute Pandemonium of Righteous Indignation that lasted for weeks.

Thank God I haven't been around that long, as you can see by my join date. Sobek, do u even know who Pink Floyd is? :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

That deserves an even bigger facepalm. :D;)

Give it to yourself.. Austria :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Извиняюсь, что пишу здесь на русском языке, но думаю, ни у кого не возникнет проблем с переводом. Google Translate поможет.

Почему-то в западной части форума сложилось устойчивое мнение, что в реальной жизни тактикой советских/российских самолетов является атака цели на малой высоте. С чего вы так решили? Если вы почитаете руководство по летной эксплуатации Су-27СК, то увидите например следующее:

Первый этап начинается с момента начала атаки до появления команда «Горка» (символа Г↑ или Г↓). На этом этапе осуществляется горизонтальный полет на высоте начала атаки с последующим выходом на заданную высоту. При ведущем канале РЛПК заданная высота при атаке цели в ППС на 3000 м, а при атаке в ЗПС на 1600 м выше высоты цели...

После схода ракет с РГС управление самолетом осуществлять по директорному кольцу таким образом, чтобы обеспечить превышение (принижение) 500 м на Н ≤ 8000 м и 1000 м на Н > 8000 м относительно высоты полета цели, не допуская выхода метки положения за пределы экрана ИЛС до тех пор, пока ракета не поразит цель или не спишется время, оставшееся до встречи ракеты с целью.

То, что некоторые пилоты в игре предпочитают "ползать" в горах и атаковать оттуда внезапно, еще не означает, что так в реальной жизни. Во всяком случае, покажите какие-либо документы, или прекратите подобные рассуждения.

Во всяком случае, в онлайне я видел "ползающих" как на Су-27/МиГ-29, так и на F-15. К жизни это не имеет никакого отношения.

Edited by volk

• ED Team
Say what?

volk

I apologize that I write here in Russian, but I think no one has any problems with the translation. Google Translate will help.

Somehow, in the western part of the forum predominant opinion that in the real world tactics of Soviet / Russian aircraft attack a target at low altitude. What makes you think that? If you read the manual flight espluatatsii Su-27SK, you will see the following example:

Quote:

The first stage begins with the start of the attack until the command "Hill" (symbol T or T ↑ ↓). At this stage the level flight at a height of the attack, followed by the release of a predetermined height. When the master channel RLPK specified height when attacking targets in PPP for 3000 meters, and an attack on the LPP at 1600 m above the target height ...

After the withdrawal of missiles from CSG control airplane carry-director on the ring so as to provide excess (downgrading) 500 m N ≤ 8000 m and 1000 m on H> 8000 m of altitude targets, preventing the output label position off the screen to the HUD As long as the missile did not hit the target or not to write off the remaining time before the meeting in order to launch.

The fact that some of the pilots in the game prefer to "creep" in the mountains and attack from there once, does not mean that as in real life. In any case, show any documents or discontinue such arguments.

Anyway, I've seen online, "crawling" as Su-27/MiG-29 and on F-15. For life is not irrelevant.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

AFM missiles could possibly cause people to fly that way as they'll probably cut their range and Pk drastically when flying low.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

And Lockon pilots are not representative of real life ones ;)

At least not "all lockon pilots"

• Like 1

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

And Lockon pilots are not representatyive of real life ones ;)

That's what happens when you play a game.

At least not "all lockon pilots"

There are a few hardcore people out there. I've seen a few pictures of people wearing flightsuits, helmets....the whole 9 yards and that is funny.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

There are a few hardcore people out there. I've seen a few pictures of people wearing flightsuits, helmets....the whole 9 yards and that is funny.

:lol:

slide_feret_cougartisch.jpg

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

Somehow I suspect that's not quite what Bolt meant... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Has there been any changes with how integrity check works? Will it allow multiple exports yet? Some dcs pilots may not enjoy how locked down the FC2 servers are.

The DCS world integrity check seems less firm than the FC2 one, as in you can add vehicles and it's not a problem.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I apologize that I write here in Russian, but I think no one has any problems with the translation. Google Translate will help.

Somehow, in the western part of the forum predominant opinion that in the real world tactics of Soviet / Russian aircraft attack a target at low altitude. What makes you think that? If you read the manual flight espluatatsii Su-27SK, you will see the following example:

Quote:

The first stage begins with the start of the attack until the command "Hill" (symbol T or T ↑ ↓). At this stage the level flight at a height of the attack, followed by the release of a predetermined height. When the master channel RLPK specified height when attacking targets in PPP for 3000 meters, and an attack on the LPP at 1600 m above the target height ...

After the withdrawal of missiles from CSG control airplane carry-director on the ring so as to provide excess (downgrading) 500 m N ≤ 8000 m and 1000 m on H> 8000 m of altitude targets, preventing the output label position off the screen to the HUD As long as the missile did not hit the target or not to write off the remaining time before the meeting in order to launch.

The fact that some of the pilots in the game prefer to "creep" in the mountains and attack from there once, does not mean that as in real life. In any case, show any documents or discontinue such arguments.

Anyway, I've seen online, "crawling" as Su-27/MiG-29 and on F-15. For life is not irrelevant.

Had the mig-29 and Su-27 been modeled to DCS level none of this would happen.

The reason why Players do atacks at low altitudes is because seekers modeling are simplified and tend to break lock easely while looking down. This degradation is there IRL however I think its exagerated in lockon.

Another eason is because cockpit controls are arcadish, the players don think twice about shooting their advesaries over hill tops as they emerge, but if they had to tackle with real systems management they would take more time and need some more altitude to spot target further way.

YET another reason is because migs have active BVR missiles availabe to them ingame and can shoot them while in passive mode only. This is a game design oversight and has never been fixed.

AFM missiles could possibly cause people to fly that way as they'll probably cut their range and Pk drastically when flying low.

Some books quote 1/3 range, yes I expect this to be a game changer in both meanings of the word.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P