Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have patience gentlemen...

I lost my patience since I probably dropped more ordnance with my Toad in DCSW then the 8th AF B17s dropped over Germany in WW2 :D

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I lost my patience since I probably dropped more ordnance with my Toad in DCSW then the 8th AF B17s dropped over Germany in WW2 :D

Do you know all there is to know about Air to Air combat? If so, you're a better man than me and I wish you well. If not, use the time wisely to start learning, otherwise all FC3 will do to you is turn you into a target-drone :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why it takes so long?

Which takes a minimum of a year to build, as confirmed previously, and you have been waiting how long?

30 days, less week-ends, which makes it what, 22 days, give or take a day?

Does it really take one year to finish 6dof non-clickable model??? Lets see how long it takes for 3rd party devs to build fully cickable 6dof model. According to this logic it should take 2-3 years :) Come on Su-27 6dof non-clickable would take 3 months MAX.

Now you can destroy me.:music_whistling:

• Like 1

W7x64 | Intel I7 2700K 4.5GHz | 2x DDR3 4096Mb | Gainward GTX570 1240MB | 32" single monitor

Do you know all there is to know about Air to Air combat? If so, you're a better man than me and I wish you well. If not, use the time wisely to start learning, otherwise all FC3 will do to you is turn you into a target-drone :)

I'd love to learn more about A2A combat, just send us over the FC3 manual and I'm fine for now.:music_whistling:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Does it really take one year to finish 6dof non-clickable model???

Just to be clear: The pit as seen in the F-15 in FC3, yes, it really does take 1 year to build by the ED team with the amount or resources they can allocate to the building of said pit.

Obviously it will take a dedicated 3rd party team with more resources to allocate much less time than a year to build the same cockpit. That is however not the issue.

That said, personally I am waiting for a 3rd-party Dev to step up and start building Russian pits for FC3. Trust me, I'm just itching to throw money at them and I've got it to throw - where are they?

Yep - nowhere to be seen.

Until they (3rd parties) do come along, we have to accept that ED is the only kid on the block capable of doing so and with what they have got to work with, takes them a year - fact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd love to learn more about A2A combat, just send us over the FC3 manual and I'm fine for now.:music_whistling:

Use the FC2 manual - it's a good start :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something like this:

Fighter Combat Tactics and Maneuvering

or this

http://www.flightsimbooks.com/jfs/

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Why is it so hard for you to answer that? I was the first one asking you a simple question.

Not hard at all - Every day.

Now why is it that you want to know?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[peace and love mode ON] please don't start a fight over this. We are all passionate about the same product, let's just keep calm and drink some beer while waiting for FC3.

what we all need to understand is what actually happens here. I seem to believe that noone knows about the oppurtunity that ED is providing to us as well as that noone apreciates this.

Other studios are closing their doors for yeasrs and wont reveal anythings until release day. Not the ED Community, we are all allowed to be part of the whole development process and thus we are also need to understand that things need time and things (as well as plans) can change out of nothings.

So to all who are impatient and need to show that to all every day, calm down and get a step off of DCS. You´re way to deep into this Game. Play other games and dont care about any news or releases each day.

ED is just about to create somethings great and I wont make them become annoyed about of us because we cant wait. There´s somethings great about to be available soon. Bridge over the time by playing somethings else or simply dont play at all. Built a pit or get a dog and spend time with it. It´ll satisfy you way more than asking the same question every day...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Not hard at all - Every day.

Now why is it that you want to know?

You just confirmed what I suspected. You play FC3 every day and then tell the rest of us who are waiting for it, to be patient, what we should expect or not if we're right or wrong.

I just read your posts (and those of other beta testers) and you try so hard to "correct" other folks on their wishes, frustrations etc. I think, with all due respect, it's a hypocricy at its finest.

It's also interesting whenever anyone of us starts complaining, you and the beta testers are quick to 'intervene' and advocate ED and the current situation.

So, excuse me for not taking what you have to say in regards to FC3, seriously anymore.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

What is not understood is that ED and beta testers are not every day "playing", are testing products to avoid when they are released for errors. Those who think that to be a developer or beta tester is to be "playing" all day, we lose sight of its true function.

Nor can you ask that when you are testing something you have to report all there or what happens. One must understand that these products are confidential and there is a NDA to meet either beta tester or developer, infringe them would mean losing your job and salary and that does not risk anyone, even yell for the community news.

Be very careful what you say because you never know who is listening or can take the information that can be supplied.

The products are tested every day are searched and reported errors and so on, either an Alpha, Beta, RC or finished product that is the work, for better or for worse. Whoever believes to be beta tester is to "play" all day, you have the wrong job.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

You just confirmed what I suspected. You play FC3 every day and then tell the rest of us who are waiting for it, to be patient, what we should expect or not if we're right or wrong.

What you think or suspect and the reality thereof are two different things entirely - you should stop suspecting ;) I wish we could 'play' every day in the terms you are thinking of. You have absolutely no idea what testing entails and no, I'm not going to tell you: You are just going to have to take my word for it.

Edit: What Silver_Dragon said too.

I just read your posts (and those of other beta testers) and you try so hard to "correct" other folks on their wishes, frustrations etc. I think, with all due respect, it's a hypocricy at its finest.

Again, your allegations are baseless and as a consequence your finding of alleged 'hypocrisy' is misguided at best and downright rude and disrespectful. Be that as it may, as you do not seem to know what you are talking about I'll let it slide.

It's also interesting whenever anyone of us starts complaining, you and the beta testers are quick to 'intervene' and advocate ED and the current situation.

All we are trying to do is to tell you what is currently going on. You shout and moan about wanting news and the like. We give you news and we're hypocrites.......Not once have we told members anything but the truth as it is at present and we get branded for it.

Way to go :thumbup:

So, excuse me for not taking what you have to say in regards to FC3, seriously anymore.

You're excused.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Um...that is the nature of beta testing isn't it? What exactly did you expect ED beta testers to do? Though I don't go to any other gaming forums but I suspect it's only natural for these testers to feel like they should defend the product they are involved with.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

What you think or suspect and the reality thereof are two different things entirely - you should stop suspecting ;) I wish we could 'play' every day in the terms you are thinking of. You have absolutely no idea what testing entails and no, I'm not going to tell you: You are just going to have to take my word for it.

Testing involves lots of free time and playing the game and in the process, try to find bugs and offer feedback. It's clear to anyone what testing entails unless you want to make a deeper mistery out of it?

Again, your allegations are baseless and as a consequence your finding of alleged 'hypocrisy' is misguided at best and downright rude and disrespectful. Be that as it may, as you do not seem to know what you are talking about I'll let it slide.
So, my allegations are "baseless", I'm "misguided", I'm downright "rude" and "disrespectful" AND I "don't know what I'm talking about". Thank you for letting it slide and I once again apologize for not being so curteous and respectful as you are.

I'll stop here as I don't want to question anything you say anymore. I guess you want to be the one who is always right and tell other folks how wrong they are. Feel free to do so.

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

OK - As stimulating as this aspect of the conversation was , let's for the sake of all forum decorum and everyone's sanity concerned stop it right here and return to the topic at hand, FC3 and not harp on about perceived 'delays' and the like.

At present and insofar as the official word is concerned, the following post still finds applicability:

Nothing has changed. Debugging and working on some new features.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1559740&postcount=1

When things change, you all will no doubt be the first to know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We don't play. We test. There's a pretty huge difference, since what we do is checking if things work (old and new), we try to reproduce bugs, run FPS analysis, etc.

And it's frustrating for testers too: Sometimes it's fun, but for the vast majority of the time it's just a grind. At the same time there's no time/resources to implement everyone's suggestions/wishes, so you test and meanwhile you see thing develop without your pet feature while someone else gets theirs (of course you tend to feel pretty good when stuff you want goes in). And while we're at that, we can't talk about any of it because a feature could be pulled back at any time because it is too costly to implement or just will take too much time and thus end up being released incomplete etc.

Testing isn't playing. This isn't MechWarrior Online Closed Beta.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It started to be offensive and personal.I too agree delaying is bad , delaying without any info is even worse but that's not tester's fault.They are not allowed to give any info outside ED's permissions.

All due respect but saying "you play all day and i can't" is something you hear at kindergarten.

We should not do it that way.

The real interesting question is, at which point in Sept. ED had to face that they won't make it in September as originally stated and what was the initial reason for that? too many small bugs or a unexpected Super Bug they are desperately working on atm? I'd like to know, but they wont tell us except "nothing has changed"

I'd suppose if there hadn't be something totally unexpected we already would be up in the air with FC3. why would you announce FC3 for September otherwise, if you already knew before that its totally unrealistic?

but what do I know...

what was the initial reason for that? too many small bugs or a unexpected Super Bug they are desperately working on atm? I'd like to know, but they wont tell us except "nothing has changed"

This has already been answered here:

The team has been hard at work debugging FC3 and adding some new features; however, this has resulted in the game not being available in September as we had first planned. We regret the delay, but we hope the additional time will result in a better product.

In other words, debugging, coupled with new features being introduced and as a consequence of said features being introduced, a whole new round of debugging and integration to DCS World, has led to and is continuing to contribute to the delay being experienced to date.

If anything still remains unclear regarding the above explanation and quote please feel free to ask for clarification.

If not, kindly adhere to my above request and let's leave all discussions regarding the delay and reasons therefore to date well enough alone and move back to the original topic of discussion, FC3.

Ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that when I have beta tested other games it is not fun. We have to test with certain drivers (video, mobo, different OS's etc....) Then we have to recreate problems and if we find a new one we have to be able to recreate it on demand to prove that it is a bug and not just a fluke. Beta testing requires a ton of patience and determination, installing OS's wiping OS's installing other software blah blah blah to make sure the game comes out perfect. So keep up the good work guys and make this release as smooth as possible.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR