Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

So, while I understand where you're coming from with your questions, the answers to those, even as a paying customer are 'neat to know', and not 'need to know'. I'm not trying to be insulting here, just bluntly put, ED generally isn't in the habit of giving out information that parties outside of ED are not entitled to, no matter how much they may feel they are.

You may get a partial answer after FC3 is released, but you'll probably never get the whole story (even us testers/mods often do not, since ED does things that are unrelated to DCS as well and we, er, well, don't need to know).

As far as we know, what's going on with FC3 is exactly what Wags said. Yes, we know details, no, we won't tell you, but in the end it isn't particularly interesting information for you anyway.

The real interesting question is, at which point in Sept. ED had to face that they won't make it in September as originally stated and what was the initial reason for that? too many small bugs or a unexpected Super Bug they are desperately working on atm? I'd like to know, but they wont tell us except "nothing has changed"

I'd suppose if there hadn't be something totally unexpected we already would be up in the air with FC3. why would you announce FC3 for September otherwise, if you already knew before that its totally unrealistic?

but what do I know...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to say something. Why don't you people fly Flaming Cliffs 2 while waiting for next release!

It had been builed by the same developers. What we all wait is the next step.

The truth for me is after the release of A-10C I stopped messing around with FC2 but now as the release of FC3 delays, I think it's a good time to go back to fast movers. It will help us understand what developers achieved by just doing what they love I believe! So why don't we give them some extra time to do their job. We will all benefit in the end.

I hope I calm down some people out there. Finally I hope the release would be before Christmas by saying all these!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, while I understand where you're coming from with your questions, the answers to those, even as a paying customer are 'neat to know', and not 'need to know'. I'm not trying to be insulting here, just bluntly put, ED generally isn't in the habit of giving out information that parties outside of ED are not entitled to, no matter how much they may feel they are.

You may get a partial answer after FC3 is released, but you'll probably never get the whole story (even us testers/mods often do not, since ED does things that are unrelated to DCS as well and we, er, well, don't need to know).

As far as we know, what's going on with FC3 is exactly what Wags said. Yes, we know details, no, we won't tell you, but in the end it isn't particularly interesting information for you anyway.

errrr.... I can't fully share the "in the end it isnt particularly interesting for you anyway approach" here, sry.

I'd feel much more comfortable with ED giving us just a little bit more info about the current challenges/troubles they are facing, than the above approach, .....but yes... lets stop this here...ED has its principles and discussing on this won't lead us anywhere.

cheers

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

/Thread sanitized of all off-topic posts. If you see your post disappearing, do not post it again - chances are it disappeared for a very good reason, ie failure to adhere to forum rules, ignoring a previous moderator request etc etc.

Kindly keep it civil and on topic, Gentlemen, if you please.

Ta

Edited by 159th_Viper
Linguistic Catastrophe

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

A well deadlight and a reroll of new character in skyrim are keeping me busy right now :)

Thats what I say all the time...but everyones ignoring me...THAT´S a reason to complain :megalol: (obviously kidding :P)

Milene...for me it is Mass Effect Series + DLC´s besides Skyrim...But I nontheless enjoy flying the Hog since I still got a lot to learn...:book:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thats what I say all the time...but everyones ignoring me...THAT´S a reason to complain :megalol: (obviously kidding :P)

Milene...for me it is Mass Effect besides Skyrim Series + DLC´s...But I nontheless enjoy flying the Hog since I still got a lot to learn...:book:

Try deadlight à true gem of à game

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zen.jpg

Guys, it's not a 'call of' forum, isn't it?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

All this whining and complaining about release date. Just shut up and let ED work. We ask them for a quality product...it takes time. Be happy that this will mean some additional features we requested or a more polished product overall.

This is why they release no more new info about Nevada or the next module. They will get burned if they misspeak or decide to amend their previous words.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

will be the dedicated server a new feature? :-)

lol :megalol:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Dancing the 'can't afford it anyway-and have falcon 4 BMS to re-learn' dance!

(while eating ravioli! :( )

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Sure, but I wish they would focus on the hardcore Pointy Nose.

They focus on what they mean worth focussing to move the Productline forward, thats buisness mixed with trying to fullfill communitywishes...not an easy job at all...so, let them work!!

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I agree, I sometime get shocked to see how much some customer are showing anger against the develloper.

It shows that they desperately wait for a product they love, but if they love that product so much, shouldn't they pay more respect for the people behind it ?

Good luck ED with the release, i'm sure that will be awesome.

I agree, I sometime get shocked to see how much some customer are showing anger against the develloper.

It shows that they desperately wait for a product they love, but if they love that product so much, shouldn't they pay more respect for the people behind it ?

I'm sure it's just a level of frustration and the only way to vent is through these forums. I'm sure ED is probably just as frustrated that they are not able to release it yet, but are well aware of the flames if they do release and it's not stable. It's a damned if you do. Damned if you don't situation. Keep pressing on ED. I will buy whenever it's released. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm sure it's just a level of frustration and the only way to vent is through these forums.

If I need to vent my frustration about anythings so I start my super duper Arcade Far Cry 2 Game and kill all the bad boys...that helps me more than trolling around in international forums and risking a warning, a bann or what not, at least wouldnt that help my frustration level...As somewhere else mentioned already...I also still have got to learn enough about the hog...so I prefer the term...a good thing needs its time...so you find me in Africa again :joystick:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Actually I have to plan what i will buy, since I'm damn poor for soon being 40!!

This month i prioritized the dentist twice, and beer while waiting to the realease of FC3.. a Beer-induced buy of CA .. it' 20 days until I get new money.. and I have 60$ to live on.. so of course some get upset, at people that used to deliver when they said it.

If it would been fighter-op's, Maddox games or Lead-Pursuit I would just giggle at it!

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

I think they have to wait for the release for me for FC3 because my PC did not arrive yet. So ED please wait till my PC arrives and than release it. /sarcasm off

Everybody has something

As I said, I'm no longer in any hurry.. I hardly even care about the release since relearning Falcon BMS 4.32 is a full time job!! (and what do you know.. you can even move the dials and switches in it!, and it's got a (few) dynamic campaigns)

EDIT-> Oh and Sarcasm should be a bit witty.. not just unrelated gibberish

LoL...Call it what you want...There jones'n for there next Hi speed, 9G, heater up your pipe,Ham fisted,:censored: Yank and Bank :megalol::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Since everyone is so excited for AC that do not have the fidelity of typical DCS modules, I wonder if there is a lucrative market for this level or detail?

Is it against the "rules" for 3rd party developers to make and market F-35, J-30, SU-35, or F-22 at the flaming cliffs level?

Since everyone is so excited for AC that do not have the fidelity of typical DCS modules, I wonder if there is a lucrative market for this level or detail?

Is it against the "rules" for 3rd party developers to make and market F-35, J-30, SU-35, or F-22 at the flaming cliffs level?

Not against the rules. It's just that if you ask, few will say that is what they want from the 3rd parties. Go figure. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: