Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements

Wags

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no notification for TWS in RL either. The PRF is handled automatically.

Yeah, but then it's the debate about letter of the law vs spirit of the law. There is no real life notification because PRF is automated, but in the sim it's not auto. While not having PRF displayed is more realistic as far as the display goes, it can lead to a less realistic effect on flying by greatly increasing the chances of certain events, like switching to a poor PRF for a given target.

I'd say that being less accurate in the presentation of information would not reduce realism in this case.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

As usual, lots of people crying about the AIM120..... here is a question!

Why is it I never see anyone from the 51st bitching about the AIM120???

Possible answer?? ...

I think it 'might' be because rather than bitch like little girls on this forum to try and get things changed because they don't like it, they have went and PRACTICED on denying F-15 drivers first shot first kill opportunities and have also worked on tactics that involve getting the Eagle in close and killing him. Taking away his BVR advantage.

Many people on this forum could learn from the 51st.....

Don't come on here with your armchair pilot logic... the truth is we will NEVER know the full limitations of the AMRAAM because its ****ing classified! So stop bitching like little girls with cut knees and firing out stupid videos and bullshit facts about detection ranges and tracking ability, based on what someone 'told' you.

Instead... GO AND PRACTICE STAYING ALIVE!!!!!

The 51st are the best example I can think of in Lockon of people who choose NOT to bitch on the forum and go and practice instead online at developing tactics to take away the advantages that the AMRAAM gives Eagle Drivers.

Unfortunately for me, I have been on the receiving end of this training more times than I would have liked. They kill me because they are smart and they have a plan that doesn't involve soley relying on questionable YouTube videos to dodge AMRAAMS... Instead, they rely on their TRAINING to kill Eagles and use some clever tactics to do this that have again ... been honed in training!

So all you AMRAAM haters... rather than wasting more of my life force by having to read your dribble... get yourself onto the 51st server when they have members fighting against F-15s... wait a while... exit.. watch the track replay!

But please be careful.....You might just learn something!

Last but not least...

'F-15 ''aces'' just fire and run away'

Hell no!

Most F-15 'aces' do this but not all .. NCO_Koj the spamming jammer... is a great example... spams 120s and runs away, but the truth is if he or another spammer kills you like this.... it's YOUR fault!

If you have failed to identify that he is in a good shooting position with TWS and you continue to fly towards him with your 'I'll get him logic' then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Just to negate any confusion there are some Eagle drivers that can actually fight in an F-15 and have more than 1 trick at their disposal! So please don't hate us all just because of a few spamming apples!

Edited by [Maverick]
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I used to have lots of language skills.... then I took an arrow in the knee.

edit:

Forgive me if I can't be bothered to consistently have elaborate language in all my posts... the truth is I am very articulate and can write very well when I want to... you guys are just not worth the effort that's all ;)

Oh.. and I'm Scottish... so it's in my nature to use 'foul language'.... just watch some Billy Connolly and then calm the fk down ;)

Peace

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;1550462']I used to have lots of language skills.... then I took an arrow in the knee

There are times when I really hate memes, this is one of them.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

;1550462']Oh.. and I'm Scottish... so it's in my nature to use 'foul language'.... just watch some Billy Connolly and then calm the fk down ;)

Don't care where you are from, you need to calm the f down as you put it, you are on public forums and foul language you have been using in past few posts is not allowed, hopefully moderators will step in. :noexpression:

No longer active in DCS...

Don't care where you are from, you need to calm the f down as you put it, you are on public forums and foul language you have been using in past few posts is not allowed, hopefully moderators will step in. :noexpression:

Bla bla bla bla bla...... yawn

There is nothing in the ED forum rules regarding foul language I have not attacked anyone or insulted anybody all I did was swear a few times... which got censored out anyway.

If my language has upset you... man up and get over it, I was under the assumption this forum was populated by adults!

I've had someone personally attack me on my profile page... rather than cry about it and make a fuss or report it to an admin... I just took it on the chin.... perhaps you should try to follow in my stead and drop this little language vendetta, its pretty trivial and a waste of your time and mine.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Read 1.1 again.

And that ends the language discussion. If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to do so in a PM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hey guys, Its been a while and I put lock on back on my P.C...

I see allot of negative comments about the "Missile" fix...

1. FC2 (Before Patch) 10-Kill ratio with AIM-120.

2. After FC2-Patch, 120-Kill ratio went back to Flaming Cliffs performance.

3. F-15 Powerplant downgrade in FC2-Patch.

I dont get why ED does this, and now we are seeing many people talk about product that we buy being changed over and over again.

I truly do enjoy the people here but I stopped playing LOMAC for reasons stated in previous postings and also when I buy a product I expect it to be as the producer says it is and NOT to get something different after a "Patch"

If I order a large pizza I want a large Pizza, not 1/2 of a large Pizza.

If FC3 stands by fixing things PERMANENTLY Ill buy and play again...If I buy it and then a new patch comes out that CHANGES what I purchased, Ill want my money back from LOMAC 1 to FC3.

:smartass:

Well, the Eagle pulling 6 g at low speed was simply wrong, hence the patch. ED didn't mindlessly change things, they fixed a problem. What you got in the first place was half a pizza, and then ED fixed their mistake and gave you the whole thing.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

@ NATE...Wrong answer...Dont use your "Tester team" for bulling tactics...Purchasing a product at point of purchase and then having a manufacture "Change it" with a "Patch" is ILLEGAL, look up some consumer protection statutes.

This has been going on for some years now, and your loosing consumers. Theres MILLIONS of gamers out there that are NOT playing LOMAC-FC... Ask your self "Why" then get back to "US"

Done...

• Like 2

@ NATE...Wrong answer...Dont use your "Tester team" for bulling tactics...Purchasing a product at point of purchase and then having a manufacture "Change it" with a "Patch" is ILLEGAL, look up some consumer protection statutes.

Wha? Why don't we see Blizzard being sued all over the place then? Actually it is that simple, if you don't like the changes, stay on your current version. How is that you being bullied?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

.....look up some consumer protection statutes.

Link me to a couple of those statutes you are referring to - I would love to read those clauses.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

This has been going on for some years now, and your loosing consumers. Theres MILLIONS of gamers out there that are NOT playing LOMAC-FC... Ask your self "Why" then get back to "US"

Done...

Jesus. Bullying? Really? Perhaps I should have included one of these :P so not to offend your delicate sensibilities.

I also would like to see these statutes.

Nate

I'll get back to 'YOU' right now. The 'retreating windmill' is NOT coming back :D

Done...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Done...

Dude did you turn into some legendary lvl85 cave troll or something?

• Like 1

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]