Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements

Wags

I am sure you dont need my experience and my documentation. You are the Maverick F-15 pilot of the 104th?? You are beta tester right, and your nick is Maverick... ??

well you could like you know, upload the tacview file

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on about this before. R27ers will frequently miss when they shouldn't. They have plenty of energy and radar lock is maintained throughout. They just wave and fly right by the target aircraft like they have no fuse.

Saying that Pepin you ought to upload that tacview....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

game track would be even better

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Real F-15's can hold 10-11g at 1200kph, at sea level, until they run out of fuel. The Max allowable safe g load is 9g ... just so that you understand how extreme the F-15's capability is.

F-15's have pulled 12g in real combat. Those airframes continued to fly. One F-15 pilot pulled 14-15g to save his life after g-lock when he found himself going to the sea at mach 1. That airframe was bent and is now a museum piece.

You can make that, one, two or three times, but is not like that like you like expose here...

Great pilot if he did that and of course good by the F-15, but... the wing... I apreciate the words of the pride pilot saying any other aircraft cant performance such landing.

This one is good interesting. The pilot was performance an enemy approached... of course after some distance he should suddenly turn...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been on about this before. R27ers will frequently miss when they shouldn't. They have plenty of energy and radar lock is maintained throughout. They just wave and fly right by the target aircraft like they have no fuse.

Saying that Pepin you ought to upload that tacview....

I am sorry bro, The tacview was in one of the flight of my group, but I am not the pilot. But really volk, you can see what happen just getting the tacview of every server ( with good ping )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about that ACMI file?

If you want to expose the problem such that testers can see if there is anything unknown and/or untoward going on, that's what you have to do. Track file is even better.

To figure out what happened it is absolutely necessary to study the geometry of the engagement. This is not some fancy lingo to get rid of you, this is elementary air combat theory. No missile is magical, and especially that third picture makes it look like the F-15C is doing what is appropriate to defeat the missiles, but we don't get to see what the red bird is doing about the missile launched against it.

Without this information, your pictures are worthless. Just zip that file up and upload, then we can look.

But really volk, you can see what happen just getting the tacview of every server ( with good ping )

No, that is not possible. Without having, in that case, both tacviews (and most preferably tracks), there is no way to verify that the same thing is happening in both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Real F-15's can hold 10-11g at 1200kph, at sea level, until they run out of fuel. The Max allowable safe g load is 9g ... just so that you understand how extreme the F-15's capability is.

F-15's have pulled 12g in real combat. Those airframes continued to fly. One F-15 pilot pulled 14-15g to save his life after g-lock when he found himself going to the sea at mach 1. That airframe was bent and is now a museum piece.

Your absolutely right; here's the hud tape from the actual incident:

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

me too

My PC specs below:

Been to 4 and I think I would die before reaching 9 :D

My PC specs below:

You can make that, one, two or three times, but is not like that like you like expose here...

I don't know what you're trying to say at all. I told you the F-15 is powerful enough to hold 10-11g at sea level until it runs out of fuel. Of course, the pilot cannot. But that is not the point - the point is that you are talking about F-15C maneuvers and you are not telling us what the problem is.

Great pilot if he did that and of course good by the F-15, but... the wing... I apreciate the words of the pride pilot saying any other aircraft cant performance such landing.
This has nothing at all to do with what you were talking about earlier. An F-15 lost and wing and landed without it. Ok, it has a big lifting body and if he stays fast enough he can land with one wing. It's just the aircraft's aerodynamics that worked out this way. So what? What does it have to do with your complaint?

This one is good interesting. The pilot was performance an enemy approached... of course after some distance he should suddenly turn...
Not really, it was an accident. Would you like to see accidents featuring Russian fighter jets? Plenty of youtube videos there. How about French of Swedish ones? British?

What was the point of your post? I don't understand.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You think that's funny, but it's really not.

That 15G saved his life. The plane returned to base, obviously, but the airframe was slightly bent, making the plane un-maintainable ... you couldn't close the panels any more because they wouldn't fit exactly, the skin was crinkled, etc etc.

That aircraft is now a museum piece.

In one of the Iraqi operations - you've heard about the F-15's engaging a pair of MiG-25's and getting to the merge with them - one pilot pulled a 12g dive to convert onto one of the 25's in his excitement.

15G? The only reason he could pull so many Gs is the probably simplified flight model..If this was AFM his plane would have broken apart and the pilot would be dead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, grab a -1, maybe that will convince you.

The F-15 doesn't have any more limitations than any other aircraft. It can do whatever maneuvers it needs to do. It doesn't need Cobra. ;)

GGtharos you dont convince with all your explanation. The F-15 is a good fighter, but not good enough to do what he do in our simulator. Anyway the F-15 have critical limitation and they cant do every maneuver and turn so hard in the real life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been to 4 and I think I would die before reaching 9 :D

Went to 4,5 during a cloverleaf with in Fouga Magister (No G-suit). I grey'd out, released the stick and when recovered, I was still at +/- 10° nose down. Hopefully, I was high enough. :D

I managed to take a little kodak photo camera with me. I still have the pics...

Here is one, when my IP was pulling. It was pretty hard to maintain the cam. Look at the G-meter:

5gJYPN4tfa57OkpU6fxY28

But, I remember one of my first flight, my IP pulled hard (on marchetti SF260M), I just G-locked a sec or 2. I didn't imagine this little bird can do that to my heart... Then I felt in love :lol:

Great souvenir. :thumbup:

• Like 1

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Ok, It doesn't need Cobra. ;)

Here we go again. You make mistake every time man. I was care before do not mention the Russian fighters in this debate, but you can not do the same because sometimes is the best strategy for some confuse people :D. What do you like a debate about what is better?? no way.

We can fight and we love fight with our birds but not try to give me a RPG to aim an A-10C

The main topic is what is overrated or undervalued in our Sim and why ?? ( in this case the missiles )

so better switch back again to the missiles because we dont like a new thread closed ;):P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-15C is quite under-estimated ... it's flight capabilities are fine, radar is very poor.

AIM-120C is also quite under-modeled (but so are a bunch of other missiles)

What is the flyable bird in our Sim that launch the Aim-120??? give me the Aim-120 over estimated but not both things :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]