New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

I'm not sure where I read it, but the new Nevada map is supposed to be much bigger. Also, the "practice mission" comment was with respect to there being no believable scenario for war in Nevada, not because the map is small.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where I read it, but the new Nevada map is supposed to be much bigger. Also, the "practice mission" comment was with respect to there being no believable scenario for war in Nevada, not because the map is small.

Yes that's what it was, my bad. I also hope for a larger map and a desert may turn to be lesser of a challenge compared to other terrains.

The Nevada map is what it is, it could be used for training but seems like a waste to be used for training only.. so, how to conceive it in a war scenario..?

well, any kind of wolverine scenario is stupid, so i'm for a civil war in the 1970's or 1980's..where all kind of models that dcs would have in the future would come alive..

something like Cali declares independence, Washington sends army to crush the rebellion, Cali plus alliance of the "willing"-UK,France,Germany help California fight with their weapons etc.. and we get to have a weird scenario where gambling can be more than just playing black jack but also flying a plane))

• ED Team

well, any kind of wolverine scenario is stupid, so i'm for a civil war in the 1970's or 1980's..where all kind of models that dcs would have in the future would come alive..

Well the basis of the movie may be silly, sure, but invasion certainly isnt. Not based on the world today, but under some scenario why not. At any rate, combat of all types can be had there, believable or not to this person or that. Getting hung up on the location is only for a lack of imagination.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

frankly I think the Aegean would be a better theatre, a more likely place of conflict (as in 0.1% as suppose to 0.000001% ;) ), and a natural expansion to the current theatre.

just don't do what those BI devs did and get caught!

I think aegean has all. Islands sea and alot of different types of terain.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

The Nevada map is what it is, it could be used for training but seems like a waste to be used for training only.. so, how to conceive it in a war scenario..?

I do think that comment by Wags was slightly… naive. When Nevada is released eventually it will be the first map using EDGE and likely the only one for quite a while. So I think players and mission builders alike will descend on it like a pack of hungry wolves and not be held back by such minor trifles like plausibility.:D

Vietnam could be the perfect setting for bad weather conditions and lush, beautiful jungles. I wished DCS had a more in-depth weather system, and including the new Vietnam terrain could be a first step towards that direction.

The Persian Gulf came to a close second place. I just feel like re-enacting the Gulf Wars once the F-15 is released :)

My two cents. :)

Vietnam could be the perfect setting for bad weather conditions and lush, beautiful jungles. I wished DCS had a more in-depth weather system, and including the new Vietnam terrain could be a first step towards that direction.

The Persian Gulf came to a close second place. I just feel like re-enacting the Gulf Wars once the F-15 is released :)

My two cents. :)

I'd personally love to reenact Gulf war and OEF carrier based strike missions. It would be fun to launch in a hornet from a carrier, fly through the night to Baghdad, drop your bomb on a bridge amidst AAA fire, then come back for a carrier night landing.

"Discuss more about EDGE features"

This is THE thing i'm interested about. does house has walls, tranparents textures that AI can ignore? mandatory to put everyone on the same level of vision difficulty in multiplayer? navy subs ? or just 512x512 textures?

what will bring EDGE ? Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution ?

maybe DCS 2.5G finally ?

I don't see many excited developpers about it, so i'm worried.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Give us Korea

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I wanted to vote for Antarctica. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd personally love to reenact Gulf war and OEF carrier based strike missions. It would be fun to launch in a hornet from a carrier, fly through the night to Baghdad, drop your bomb on a bridge amidst AAA fire, then come back for a carrier night landing.

Something absolutely brilliant would be to add Afghanistan. These high mountains would make some pretty eye-candy, don't you think?

I guess I'll just go back to reading "APACHE" by Ed Macy; fantastic read so far.

I'd like to see the eastern US done. There is usually interesting weather, loads of civilian traffic, many airports and an interesting coast for naval ops. Ideally, I'd like to see a spherical representaion of the whole world, even if large portions of it were done in lower detail temporarily. It should be possible to have a mission span continents.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I'd like to see the eastern US done. There is usually interesting weather, loads of civilian traffic, many airports and an interesting coast for naval ops. Ideally, I'd like to see a spherical representaion of the whole world, even if large portions of it were done in lower detail temporarily. It should be possible to have a mission span continents.

That would be cool for DCS: B-2.

Unfortunately, I've never heard a hint of this being planned for DCS. It can clearly be done though, given MSFS and X-Plane.