Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediterranean sea with Gibraltar/northern Morocco, South Spain and France, Italy, the Balkans with Kosovo and Macedonia, Greece and Turkey (maybe attached to the current Caucasus map?), coastal west Syria, Israel/Lebanon, northern Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Algeria... OK, it will be a huge area, but in terms of playability it would cover some hot spots, some older conflict areas and enough water to make naval and combined ops possible. You could also start with Turkey and Syria, Lebanon and Israel attached to the Caucasus and work your way round the Mediterranean country by country?

Well, a man can hope?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, most sims came with multiple theaters in which missions and campaigns took place in. This changed as it became more difficult to depict more than one theater of play in higher levels of detail. Now that DCS is now finding a way to depict multiple theaters in high detail, I think the following ought to be the core theaters for DCS and its modules to take place in:

- Baltic states (the new frontline of the NATO vs. Russia conflict)

- East China Sea/Taiwan

- Korean Peninsula

- Mediterranean Sea (particularly the eastern part, near the Middle East)

- Persian Gulf/Strait of Hormuz/Gulf of Oman/Indian Ocean (may need to be broken down into multiple smaller maps)

- South China Sea

These are the likeliest locales of big-time conflict, regional or global.

• 4 weeks later...

- Baltic states (the new frontline of the NATO vs. Russia conflict)

Baltic Sea Cold War crashes like 1965-1970 will be excelent: mach 2 fighter with crappy radars and missiles, like a secret airwar. (i just research that it as been so much shot down aircraft in east germany and baltic, and some times, ther isnot so much information from both sides)

baltic-sea-1970_zps5kpqa09h.jpg

i propose this list of aircraft

Yakovlev Yak-28R (URSS)

Sukhoi Su-15 Flagon (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21SM (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23SM (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23M (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21PF (poland)

Lockheed F-104A Starfighter (USA)

F-102A Delta Dagger (USA)

Convair F-106A Delta Dart (USA)

Vought F-8U-1E Crusader (USA)

Lockheed F-104G Starfighter (GERMANY)

Lockheed F-104G Starfighter (Denmark)

Saab J-35D Draken (Denmark)

English Electric Lightning F2 (uk)

Saunders-Roe SR.187 (uk) wink wink

Saab J-35D Draken (Sweden)

Saab J-35F Draken (Sweden)

f104-ft.gif

sujoi-Su-15-flagon-3.jpg

yak28p-c1%20(1).jpg

197880d1333450297t-1-48-saab-j35f-draken-favorite-aircraft-time-gb-draken-001.jpg

but first, sixdays war and my mirage III ;)

Baltic Sea Cold War crashes like 1965-1970 will be excelent: mach 2 fighter with crappy radars and missiles, like a secret airwar. (i just research that it as been so much shot down aircraft in east germany and baltic, and some times, ther isnot so much information from both sides)

baltic-sea-1970_zps5kpqa09h.jpg

i propose this list of aircraft

Yakovlev Yak-28R (URSS)

Sukhoi Su-15 Flagon (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21SM (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23SM (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23M (URSS)

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21PF (poland)

Lockheed F-104A Starfighter (USA)

F-102A Delta Dagger (USA)

Convair F-106A Delta Dart (USA)

Vought F-8U-1E Crusader (USA)

Lockheed F-104G Starfighter (GERMANY)

Lockheed F-104G Starfighter (Denmark)

Saab J-35D Draken (Denmark)

English Electric Lightning F2 (uk)

Saunders-Roe SR.187 (uk) wink wink

Saab J-35D Draken (Sweden)

Saab J-35F Draken (Sweden)

f104-ft.gif

sujoi-Su-15-flagon-3.jpg

yak28p-c1%20(1).jpg

197880d1333450297t-1-48-saab-j35f-draken-favorite-aircraft-time-gb-draken-001.jpg

but first, sixdays war and my mirage III ;)

That's one awesome scenario module!!! Definitely a concept worth exploring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vietnam map?

I was wondering, will a Vietnam map be made for DCS World? I know that Starway has made a Vietnam map mod (which looks really good, and I'll download it ASAP if I ever get the Huey or MiG-21), but it's ultimately just a retexture of the Georgia map, still with modern units. Is a Vietnam map with Vietnam war era units available in planning at some point?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not specifically, IIRC, and ED still has three maps in the queue already.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I voted for Vietnam, but I'd also be fine with a Japan-Korea(s)-China theatre, there is a lot of potential for conflict in that area and also a mlot of ocean we can fly from and over. That should also make for a bigger map size (more Water means less objects to place)!

I cant wait to cross the border to north Vietnam with my Phantom and shoot some Frescos and Fishbeds down :joystick:

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I kinda like historically accurate sorties. It's a sim so can you recreate something that actually happened? Of course maps are a major requirement as is the ability to configure the map elements to match conditions.

Even though people are very gung ho about simulating HUGE scale conflict, DCS is not actually suited to that sort of thing at all. DCS however is quite well suited to simulating a single sortie with a smaller number of simultaneously active participants. It does small scale and accurate fairly well. Someone mentioned India Pakistan conflicts. I think these are well suited to DCS because the of the types of sorties and short length of the missions. DCS has the Hawk to stand in for the Gnat and we have Mig21s and Sabres. DCS also has Russian missile boats if you wanted to add other simulated events of those conflicts.

India and Pakistan air wars actually did happen and are well documented, and we have the right DCS modules to model them right now. 1971 Air War ~40 aircraft lost. 1965 Air War +100 aircraft lost in combat.

Also think the Secret Air War is interesting to explore but we would need a few exotic planes and a more well developed GCI/ATC side to DCS first.

Edited by vicx

my ideas

1. due to desert being easier to load we could have most of the middle east for some gulf war scenarios(A2A, CAS, CA), future iran conflict(A2A, CAS, CA), fighting isis?(CAS and CA) , and if possible israel (A2A, CAS, CA)

2. area of east china sea and sea of japan for china vs japan border disputes gone hot with u.s help to japan(A2A, Naval, CAS, CA), or south vs north korea(US and S.korea vs N.korea with China's aid) scenarios with modeled cities for some nice low altitude air to air or cas and def some combined arms action :3

if they do nam, they need to make accurate models, versions, and missiles too, it is not the same sidewinders from 1960 compared to aim-9 of this era:

G.I.JOE

McDonnell Douglas Phantoms: F4B, F4C, F4D and F4J

Vought Crusader F8U-1, F-8E, F-8J

Ling-Temco-Vought Corsair II A-7B, A-7D, A-7E

Lockheed Starfighter F-104C

Republic Thunderchief F-105D

North American Super Sabre F-100D

Convair Delta Dagger F-102A

Northrop Freedom Fighter F-5B

Douglas Skyhawk A-4E

Cessna Dragonfly A-37A, A-37B

Douglas Skyraider A-1E, A-1H

North American TrojanT-28C

Boeing Stratofortres B-52F , B-52D

Lockheed Hercules C-130E

Fairchild Provider C-123B

commys

Mikoyan-Gurevich Fresco Микоян и Гуревич MiG-17F

Shenyang J-5 (kind chinesse MiG-17PF)

Shenyang J-6

Mikoyan-Gurevich Fishbed Микоян и Гуревич MiG-21F , MiG-21F-13, MiG-21PF, MiG-21PFM (Type 94), MiG-21MF

Ilyushin Beagle Илью́шин Il-28 B-5

:pilotfly:

miss something? name it! and the choppers to

I'd prefer any recent theatre over Nam, Korea etc. Most interested in Afghanistan (over ten years of war, ehm sorry, conflict... Which is longer than WWII), second middle east/iran-iraq and last but not least Balkans/Kososvo or an extension of the current map in any direction...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

nice one.! i just specifi some versions of planes in case DCS makes a NAM map and then says, " u already have a mig-21, so PLAY" : no man! it is a mig-21bis, in NAM that version didnot exist.

may hopeful maps are

1. BALTIC 1960-1970 (exploit the F104)

2. NAM

3. sixdayswar and Yom Kippur War (so bad ther isnt f104!)

4. Border War.

...and I would love to finally fly the A-10 in any environment, where it really had been deployed in earnest.

Nevada is a good start as training grounds, but I will choose any realistic military scenario over sightseeing, anytime!

Shagrat

• 3 weeks later...

Given the political sensitivity of the region, I'd suggest you may be asking a lot right now, but I agree, the Crimea is a very relevant region, and I'd like to see it fully modelled too.

I suspect however that we'll get the Straights of Hormuz long before we see any more work done on the current map.

It seems to me that we are on the cusp of a large expansion of regions available within DCS World. Once EDGE appears, and the limitations on adding maps is removed, the world is our oyster, and there appear to be a number of agencies working quietly in the background to bring more to the sand table.