F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

All emails and graphics related to the event say 9-11pm. It is 8:22pm now. Are you certain?

Absolutely. Watched Dojo update the 476th twitter feed with the very poor showing by Thrustmaster.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I think the 9-11 was for the "general public" Dojo was at the press part.

This is what we call "pertinent information." Thank you.

I'm going to go get a steak instead.

Edit - Wait, what the actual f***? They are calling 60 RSVPs "the general public?" I can't even with this company anymore.

Edited by Harzach

dcs_sig.jpg

if I don't set everything up by June 2016, Then I will just start making them and worry about a more efficient process as I go.

We will not have to wait too long anymore. I do expect hegykc to start taking orders 1st July 2016 latest. :smartass:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope all is going well, eagerly awaiting this product!

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

If this is compatible with the Warthog base, then does that mean in will be compatible with the VKB Gunfighter base when its released? As the Mamba seems to allow for warthog sticks.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'd need VKBs TM adapter.

Ah yep, makes sense. I'll put some money aside for this grip, it does look superb. Hopefully they ship down under.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Hegykc,

This thread is so popular that it took me forever to find your original announcement on the ejection handle.

And knowing full well that "everything is subject to change" and everything in development takes a considerable amount of time. Is there a time frame to when the ejection handle maybe available to purchase or prepurchase?

I cannot speak for anyone else here, but I for am hoping the finish will be similar to the MFG Crosswinds which I have just ordered my 2nd set (they are that good).

Any plans for a functioning landing gear selector?

Cheers

Here's a "little" update:

9_zps03spikip.jpg~original

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

You'd need VKBs TM adapter.

VKB's adapter would only work if this F-18 stick uses the same tailstock as the Warthog. It's not a threaded adapter that makes the Warthog's M-36x2 threads mate to the VKB base.

To use it you have to you have to open up the grip and replace the tailstock/locking collar/minDIN connector with the VKB part that will then mate to the base, but the only way that part would work it would have to mount/fit the same way as the TM part.

Well, he's still active on the forum, at least looking if not responding. So surely he must still be working and preparing and we'll hear an update soon or maybe when the hornet gets public alpha access. Shame as he used to be very responsive on this thread with updates etc

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hegy is active on panels at the moment i think. But I have to say, I was holding out on buying a Warthog as I assume TM would announce something, as they didnt and as much as I dont want to buy from them, I have just bought the Warthog and my hope is Hegy will start producing grips.

SDsc0rch - I think its out of order calling in vaporware, only hegy has laid out money on this with CNC and Laser and CAD/CAM and research, whilst I personally think that customization for Warthog sticks would be the best initial investment to get him sales and runs on the board, I also imagine they are bloody complex things to make and design and not to mention the minute he announced it there was the whole steel / 3d printed sh1t spouted off.

So with respect, ask him for an update by all means as I am excited about the possibilities too, but from what I have seen from him, calling him vaporware is a bit indigenous and a rude way of trying to incite a response from him which you may or make not like.

If you want to talk vaporware, Thrustmasters announcement of a squadron of joysticks is one of the most blatent lies I have seen, I hope a 3rd party will provide update kits and sticks to my new wathog so I dont have to have anything to do with the cumts again.

• Like 1

I looked forward to a lot of his products he mentioned. At this point though, old age will get me before a lot of the pipe dream peripherals make it to fruition. I'll be one of the first to order them, should they arrive, but my enthusiasm has for sure eroded into skepticism.

Sent while I should be working instead.

2015:

Decided to go professional manufacturing. Completely re-worked 3d model and worked out electronics. Grip is ready to be manufactured in relatively low quantaties, maybe 50 units/month.

He could have produced and probably sold 250 units by now. But we'll see what July brings in terms of availability.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

everyone's thinking it, no one wants to say it...

vaporware

Nah , he`s just setting up a huge factory in china so he can get it more efficient and be able to make it even cheaper and faster!

sorry for the rant , but its time to acknowledge reality, thread was opened 3 years ago with lots of nice 3D renders and even a couple of nice printed models, but that is it.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I held out hope for Duke Nukem, so 3 years doesn't seem to long of a wait! :) 'course, I was pretty disappointed with the final DN release, so let's hope this project comes to fruition.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1