If you bought the UH-1H Huey Post here.

TimeKilla

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought it and configured my controls. I suppose I've never really understood how EASY the Ka-50 is to fly compared to conventional choppers :music_whistling:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Bought it - love it. Just very hard to take off, fly, and land. :)

BTW - that first campaign mission: took off, flew all the way to the base and then crashed while trying to land the Huey. Very frustrating. Guess I have to practice much, much more. Any recommended axis settings for the Saitek X-52 for this beast? :)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm here. I've just bought my UH-1H. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I posted somewhere else that I wasn't going to buy it because of the price. Well, guess what, I bought it anyway. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I posted somewhere else that I wasn't going to buy it because of the price. Well, guess what, I bought it anyway. :thumbup:

haha - well good on you!

I've got it also, though being a rotar head isn't where my heart is I still love the challenge of learning new systems and learning to fly again!

Rather simple aircraft, but hard to fly. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had just flying around in a sim.

I kind of want there to be some troop transport missions or sling loads. I have a feeling that this is going to be my go to girl after the fighters. My salt wife if you will.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I haven't been this pleased with an aircraft in a long time. I have about 4 hours in and I love the progress I have been making. Such a delight to fly and shoot. When you start to get the hang of aiming it is really rewarding. There are some many dang rounds in those machine guns!!! I love just aiming below and walking the rounds up to my target... So much fun! Thank you Belsimtek, you guys did a fantastic job!! The only thing I am completely struggling with is landing... But I finally got a good landing in before I typed this. ~S~

BOUGHT, DOWNLOADED, STARTED UP AND CRASHED!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Bought last night. Pretty easy to fly compared to most of the helicopters and VTOL jets I've built in Kerbal Space Program. The miniguns are a lot of fun, and the Huey is surprisingly agile and forgiving when performing combat manoeuvres. Once you learn to apply left rudder and cyclic when increasing collective, it's a breeze.

Just broke my cell phone! As I need one, DCS: UH-1H will be for next month:(

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Rather simple aircraft, but hard to fly. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had just flying around in a sim.

It really is surprisingly fun to just fly around in. I didn't expect that I would like it more than the A-10 or Ka-50 or any of the FC3 stuff (but then again SFM doesn't really count in my book), but I'd have to agree wholeheartedly. I just spent a good 3 straight hours just flying around on a free flight server, and if it weren't so late I'd still be happy to keep going. It's especially fun now that I'm getting a good feel for the controls and can actually hover or taxi for a proper takeoff.

$50 doesn't seem cheap, but it's turning out to be a much more worthwhile addition to my collection than I ever thought.

Lovin it at last a propper helicopter or how they used to be without a double roter blade.

Everything about this awsome good job to all involved out of curiosity what is that music from in the GUI just wish i could have that huming away in the background while i am flying.

The only thing i find hard about this is the landing, which for the moment ends in a great ball of fire I'll get there with a little practice.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit