Do you start out playing in Sim and Game mode?

EvilBivol-1

Do you start out playing in Sim and Game mode?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. Do you start out playing in Sim and Game mode?

• Sim
    • Game

Well that's easy, I've have never turned on the game mode yet, and I have absolutely not ambition to do it now.

Yes she's hard to fly, but the best way to learn is sim mode. Otherwise, I might as well stick flying helis in FSX. ;)

No point buying a study sim, only to ignore the best feature. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

When I was young I would have used the game mode as I wouldn't have really understood the principles of helicopter flying. We all need to start somewhere.

I voted for Sim mode too, but I feel there are many looking down their noses at the game mode, think of the bigger picture,

Everybody is not the same skill/experience for sim mode right away.

Never 'played' 'game' mode myself, i don't see the point

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Come on, guys, do you really suppose me to spend my hardly earned 50 bucks for the most realistic sim just to play it in game mode?! :doh::D

There is only right way to learn and that's the hard way. Nuff said. :smartass:

I tried the "Game mode" to see the effect on the controls... not the "Game avionics", though!

Anyway, after some quick tries I was back to sim mode, as said before, why learn bad habits and try to fix them later...:thumbup:

Not that I can land the goddamn thing, yet! Hover - for a second or two, flying - quite ok, but transition from translational lift to lowspeed, then into ground effect and actually land? A looong way to go!:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What is a game?

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Sim mode of course, why buy a sim of this quality and game mode it?

I know the game mode uses the same FM but after sim mode for a few days I tried about 3 minutes of game mode and hated it, all the bloody icons and labels everywhere.

Sim Only! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

I've never flown in game mode. Even if the learning curve is steep, I think 'game' mode gives you bad habits very difficult to move when going to 'Sim' mode. So I prefer start directly in 'Sim' mode.

Concerning the learning curve, it can be more 'comfortable' with good tutos and obviously better with interactive missions. As you did. That's great and it's a pleasure to learn and fly.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Sim mode. Rather not pick up bad habits with game mode, would make learning the sim even harder in my opinion. Verily there was much swearing in the kingdom in the beginning, but now only the occasional "OH S***!!!" can be heard through the land.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know how to start game mode!?

(and have no real curiosity learning how)

There are crap-games out there where you can be served game mode only.. But I enjoy Sim mode.. OK I have died 39 times trying to land in the start, but now I'm completely confident with my landings.

(never failed a warthog landing ever, for some strange reason)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

That depends on how long I have flied a sim before.If I never fly a sim before I would like choose the game mode first;while if I have flied another sim days.I may choose the sim mode.

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

• 2 weeks later...

So.. As an avid simmer for years with FS, Xplane, Black shark and now the Huey of course I started it on sim mode.. Wanted the most realistic and so on, but the controls were so twitchy and far off from how a Huey flies. I'm using Pro Flight Trainer Evolution full cyclic and collective and have spent a lot of time trying to adjust the settings, the curves, the saturation etc.

The truth is and I hate to burst anyone's bubble but in real life the Huey is quite possibly one of the easiest helicopters to fly. It's very heavy and very stable. Honestly, 200 hr pilots were flying these aircraft into combat in Vietnam. This game did an amazing job on nearly every aspect except the controls in a hover to me. Also, the over exaggerated settling with power effect. However, it could totally just be the way I can't seem to figure out the right combination of settings.

So.. All that being said the "game mode" flight dynamics are quite a bit closer to the way the real Huey flies than the sim mode. So kudos to you that can land on a dime in sim mode, but if you are looking for as real as it gets as far as a real Huey flies than game mode is much closer.

I'm currently flying a UH-1E Huey doing 137 work in California, have about 230 hours recently in the Huey, but the majority of my real helicopter time is in the Bell 206/Oh58.

• 3 weeks later...