Updated Training

EvilBivol-1

Okay, what is torrent and how do you use it?

BitTorrent is a file transfer/sharing protocol. You download a .torrent file and open it in a client program, such as http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads This Linux box seems to use a client called Transmission. There are a lot of them, really.

When you open the .torrent file, the client connects to several peers simultaneously and downloads the actual content in pieces. At the same time, the content you have already downloaded is shared to others.

Please note, that some operators and/or employers may limit Torrent traffic, as it's also commonly used to download and share pirated content.

But it may well be the most effective way to distribute stuff, since there is no central server that would instantly overload when a new version of DCS/Module/anything is released. When enough people are seeding/sharing the content it's also very fast, and unlike browser downloads, a download manager is more or less built in. If your Internet connection breaks, the client will just happily resume from where it left, keeping the pieces you've already got and getting the rest from the peers.

If you have upstream bandwidth to spare, just leave the client open, and you'll be helping others to get the file(s) quicker. You can also limit the upload/download bandwidth directly from the client in most cases, if you feel that the traffic slows your connection down too much.

Quite a few home routers can nowadays use BitTorrent to download and share stuff using a USB drive; also, it's a common feature of NAS boxes.

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

• 1 month later...

Do i need to download this to get the latest training files?

I purchased & downloaded the Huey module today.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 1 month later...

@Evil - I manually installed this Training file pack last night and today after the automatic update to 1.2.5, all Training Files are missing in-game. Manuall reinstall works fine.

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

My UH-1H training folder in 1.2.5 is 305MB, so either the updated videos don't compress very well (if the archive is 300MB) or 1.2.5 doesn't contain the updated videos.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anything in this that's not in the current release of the module?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

• 4 months later...

Post a track

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

after trying this mission again, and failing, press escape, then at the debrief schedule screen, press save track. save it to your desktop and upload it here. try not to change views (F2-F11). This will help us determine the cause.

If no option for save track exists, open your windows temp folder, and there you will see DCS folder, open it, then copy Lastmissiontrack.trk and paste to desktop, then upload here.

A track is like a recording camera to see what went wrong.

If you can't do either, record using fraps and upload to youtube, then share the link here.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

after trying this mission again, and failing, press escape, then at the debrief schedule screen, press save track. save it to your desktop and upload it here. try not to change views (F2-F11). This will help us determine the cause.

If no option for save track exists, open your windows temp folder, and there you will see DCS folder, open it, then copy Lastmissiontrack.trk and paste to desktop, then upload here.

A track is like a recording camera to see what went wrong.

If you can't do either, record using fraps and upload to youtube, then share the link here.

Thanks for the info, I have been spending time training on my own so didnt go back to this yet, will look into it for reference.

I cant get past the cold start mission, when it instructs me to make sure the throttle is all the way down (PAGE DOWN) it wont continue. Tried several times and it always just stops at that point. :huh:

You have to increase the throttle (page up) above the idle stop position (or what ever it's called). If you open the controls indicator (RSTRG + Return) then you can see it. Hit page up for some time, then page down untill it stops and then increase it just a bit. Now you should be able to spool up.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

make sure, main generator is on, and selected on the dial, as well as inverter before doing the idle stop.

In essence, the engine should spool up even if you are lower than idle stop by about 3 mouse wheel clicks. This is called being "close to idle stop". Like QuiGon said, open the controls indicator and move the throttle (not collective) to the idle stop position. If the temperature is lower than 20 degrees in the mission, it may not start or may require anti-ice on and ground power on. To eliminate need for battery, call ground and ask them to turn on ground power. dont forget to disconnect after turning on battery and starting engine.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

• 2 years later...

Can't understand how to launch the missions.

In the missions folder of my huey folder I have a few subfolders, campaigns, quickstart, single and training. Where am I supposed to put those? And how to access the missions?

As those are training missions, that would be great to be able to access them through the training menu in dcs world...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Don't bother with the missions in this thread. They have been incorporated into the main module.

Most of them are poor quality videos anyway. There are much better examples on YouTube.

Apart from the solo 'missions', there are only 2 proper training missions, i.e. startup and weapons.

One of the worst aspects of the Huey is the lack of proper training missions to give some lessons to novice helicopter pilots. Been moaned about several times here.

The missions - for what they are worth - are under the usual Training option on the main UI.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Oh ok thanks I thought those was new training missions.

Indeed not a lot of interesting training in DCS... though this is worst in xplane, as in XP there is training just for planes, not helicopters :)

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Oh ok thanks I thought those was new training missions.

Indeed not a lot of interesting training in DCS... though this is worst in xplane, as in XP there is training just for planes, not helicopters :)

Some modules have got a great set of training missions, e.g. A-10C, Black Shark and F-5E, but a lot of others fall short. However, in my experience, none are as bad as the Huey. The quality and scarcity of training missions is unacceptable, in my opinion.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Some modules have got a great set of training missions, e.g. A-10C, Black Shark and F-5E, but a lot of others fall short. However, in my experience, none are as bad as the Huey. The quality and scarcity of training missions is unacceptable, in my opinion.
This is unbelievable, knowing how difficult an helicopter is, in comparison with a plane...

Good that the huey is not the most difficult one to fly.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Before I go to the trouble of downloading it and locating the directory I need to know several things. 1) is the training working in the latest release of 2.5.1 something beta? Is the training useful and worthwhile? 3) do it follow the -10 for ac procedures in the cockpit? Does it follow the uh-1 helicopter training manual? What else should I espect.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Before I go to the trouble of downloading it and locating the directory I need to know several things. 1) is the training working in the latest release of 2.5.1 something beta? Is the training useful and worthwhile? 3) do it follow the -10 for ac procedures in the cockpit? Does it follow the uh-1 helicopter training manual? What else should I espect.

Download what? If you are talking about the missions mentioned here, see my post #47.

EDIT: Sorry, I mean post #67.

Edited by imacken

Ok I’m not sure if you mean skip them or get them but be prepared for trouble

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Apologies, I meant post #67 not #47!

Ok thanks i agree training sucks and the ai isn’t any help to making better training missions imo its sad that YouTube is the best method

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB