DCS F-35A

Wags

According to current projections the F-35A is trending to $57,778 which falls short of the goal.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/683368164/f-35a-lightning-ii-by-kinney-interactive/

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with a friend, who is friends with the guy in charge of the F-35 sims here at our Marine Corps Air Station. At one point he offered to get us some flight time in the sim but I had to travel and missed out. Maybe I could put Mr Kinney in touch with him...

Fixed :thumbup:

Been a while since I've been to Yuma. My first time was with VMFA 531 when we flew F4Ns. My last trip there was as a T700 Engine Rep conducting a flameout investigation on a AH1W.

Good times...... good times.

:joystick:

I would be very careful with that statement. To me this statement sounds like "majority rules" on how a system should work. If that's the case that isn't "DCS A-10C" level of detail but approaching arcade. If that is the route the F-35 is going to go I would have to say my donation to kickstarter wouldn't be there anymore.

A DCS level sims should, IMO be based on available tech data. Of course with the F-35 that will be hard to come by but what is available should be used not someone thinking it should do this or that who has no actual experience with the system.

As I said earlier, someone "feeling" a system should operate one way doesn't mean that is how it does operate.

Like I also said earlier there are people who will argue until they are blue in the face because they feel something should be a certain way but have no technical knowledge or experience to back it up when someone who does tells them otherwise.

Totally agree buddy, You can't and won't keep everyone happy all the time and IMO should not try to please them by departing from what makes the DCS brand great seeing something like that from folk arm chairing the Huey flight model as its to hard for them.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

I'm sorry but that is stupid...

(I sad sorry):megalol:

I'm not sure how old are you, and why it's needed to offend a user (myself) that have posted an opinion, you could agree or not, but label someone or someone's else opinion as "stupid" is not required and against the forum rules. Keep it civil, i'm not here to fight with kids.

Given that the market for hardcore simulations like DCS is a niche market

That's what I've said, but proven that you have to skill to maintain the sim quality. This is what i'm talking about: there's tons of "jets" out there, with public available information, trying to "simulate" something that isn't even out in "real life" means only: proceeding by guessing.

I suspect that the intentions are exactly those: since there's so little few information available, you don't need to be accurate because none will ever know what you're doing.

This is what we DON'T need in DCS: invest your time into a F18... an F16... F14.. whatever.. and leave the F35 for when the times will come and for when we will have more information to work on (to not count the fact that a F35 really doesn't match the current scenario.. unless you're going to have "F35 only" servers...).

I hope in the opposite: that they WON'T make it.

Nor because I hate KI (considering the general slowness of ED, we can only hope into third parties), or because I particular hate this aircraft (more variation = better, no matter what), but because I do not approve the method.

I hope they won't succeed because if they do, it would invite other ppl in search of "easy money" to do the same in the future, and honestly I wouldn't like this type of "approximation" and guessing approach flooding into DCS, it's more an amateur thing that should be confined into a unofficial mod rather than a official module (I mean: prove it works good enough as a mod.. then ask to be included as DCS module).

Then almost all (if not all) flight sims in the past are amateur things. At least ALL flight models are the approximation.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

...This is what we DON'T need in DCS...QUOTE]

By we, I suppose you mean you.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

That's what I've said, but proven that you have to skill to maintain the sim quality. This is what i'm talking about: there's tons of "jets" out there, with public available information, trying to "simulate" something that isn't even out in "real life" means only: proceeding by guessing.

I suspect that the intentions are exactly those: since there's so little few information available, you don't need to be accurate because none will ever know what you're doing.

This is what we DON'T need in DCS: invest your time into a F18... an F16... F14.. whatever.. and leave the F35 for when the times will come and for when we will have more information to work on (to not count the fact that a F35 really doesn't match the current scenario.. unless you're going to have "F35 only" servers...).

K.I Obviously have a passion and fondness for this aircraft,They may also possess some inside knowledge on Aircraft systems and flight data.I personally would rather purchase a product that someone created out of passion opposed to someone creating it for projected sale numbers.

Patrick

mini.gif

Thanks for the PM guys, got all your names, and we will get you in a position to get the testing started. Sorry I wasnt on much yesterday, had a tooth infection that needed a root canal done. But I am feeling better already. I will be going on vacation starting today after work and will be doing alot of traveling through the month of July. If you need anything, get with Mike Busutil on here, and he can get ya going. I dont know how much internet I will have in Louisiana, but I will be checking this everyday hopefully. If you guys dont mind, if you have a PM for me, PM Mike as well, since he is the XO of the squadron, and that way he stays in the loop with everything.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He means we :)

I doubt it, since npole is incapable of speaking for me, thus he must have meant himself.

Looking at the KS page, he also cannot speak for nearly 300 other people, so yes I would say he and you are in fact wrong about the "we" part....

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I doubt it, since npole is incapable of speaking for me, thus he must have meant himself.

Looking at the KS page, he also cannot speak for nearly 300 other people, so yes I would say he and you are in fact wrong about the "we" part....

Don't quote my name with his word. lol :pilotfly:You got the wrong guy.

No, I am right. Count me in, then "we", and many other hardcore simmer.

No, I am right. Count me in, then "we", and many other hardcore simmer.

I bow down to your majestic high and mighty hardcoreness. Can your majesty leave us lowly softcore simmers alone?

• Like 1

I bow down to your majestic high and mighty hardcoreness. Can your majesty leave us lowly softcore simmers alone?

For what reason?

DCS Forum is for harcore and softcore simmer(FC).

Then sorry, but no. If i want to say somthing, i will say it.

Edited by sylkhan

testing what ??????

I am missing something or what ?

No, you havent missed anything. we will let you know when we are ready....:pilotfly:

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope in the opposite: that they WON'T make it.

Nor because I hate KI (considering the general slowness of ED, we can only hope into third parties), or because I particular hate this aircraft (more variation = better, no matter what), but because I do not approve the method.

I hope they won't succeed because if they do, it would invite other ppl in search of "easy money" to do the same in the future, and honestly I wouldn't like this type of "approximation" and guessing approach flooding into DCS, it's more an amateur thing that should be confined into a unofficial mod rather than a official module (I mean: prove it works good enough as a mod.. then ask to be included as DCS module).

Wow :doh:

Anything that can get rid of the evil publishers I am down with. They are usually the main driving force in cutting features and releasing beta's. And then take a major cut of the profits and rights.

Them no succeeding would do nothing to stop any future people from using crowd sourcing. You can pretty much count on it becoming more and more popular as the death grips of publishers are finally pried off the developers necks.

Edited by =Prophet=

Totally agree buddy, You can't and won't keep everyone happy all the time and IMO should not try to please them by departing from what makes the DCS brand great seeing something like that from folk arm chairing the Huey flight model as its to hard for them.

+1

If its going to be modelled with armchair pilots/internet expert I'm out.:(

The only thing non real expert should be allowed is bug finding

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb