DCS F-35A

Wags

What happens if the main flat panel dies? What if the JHMCS(or whatever the F-35 helmet is called... Sue me, I'm a hornet guy) dies too? Will you be flying blind or are there backup instruments?

I have heard that the touchscreens are made up of alot of smaller panels so they should never all fail at the same time. If they do fail tough I think you have bigger problems anyway :D

DCS Wishlist: Ka 26

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice module indeed,but let me make a request. What about if more playability is given to the ships supporting the F-35 s ? Not just floating into the wáter as a static base,real movement could be given to them via keypad or whatever,capability to set a heading and a speed. Also would be welcome some ships details like hangars and so......

Keep going please !

And can we please keep this thread clean now, I don't want to hear this whining anymore. This is a new project, and all of you guys should be happy about that!

Ok, so this whole forum thing is about telling someone's opinion in a discussion. Can be pro or contra. Right? Ich you don't want to see the annoying contra posts, don't read them.

But hey, you will even get negative rep here just for saying, that IN MY OPINION this module will not be on the same sim level as the A-10C or Ka-50.. nice work ;)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Ok, so this whole forum thing is about telling someone's opinion in a discussion. Can be pro or contra. Right? Ich you don't want to see the annoying contra posts, don't read them.

But hey, you will even get negative rep here just for saying, that IN MY OPINION this module will not be on the same sim level as the A-10C or Ka-50.. nice work ;)

Your opinion is like me saying that the A-10 Fly's like a F-16. It's a uninformed opinion. And that's what they mean. It's not about trying to hold you back from critisising the product. But it's about how you form that opinion and if that opinion is based on the correct information and analyzation of that info. Otherwise a opinion is just meaningless and can be considered noise.

And for some reason people these day's have a opinion on everything without even properly reading and digesting that information and base it on their own feelings about something.

And that's why they are annoyed with all this. A lot of good facts/info have been given why this F-35 project can succeed. But some people seem to ignore all of it and only look at the negative and their personal feelings about the F-35.

Even i am a little bit sceptic with my minimum knowledge about all of this. But more good points then bad points are givin why i think this project can work. But we all have to see the end product first before we know for sure.

• Like 1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Your opinion is like me saying that the A-10 Fly's like a F-16. It's a uninformed opinion. And that's what they mean. It's not about trying to hold you back from critisising the product. But it's about how you form that opinion and if that opinion is based on the correct information and analyzation of that info. Otherwise a opinion is just meaningless and can be considered noise.

And for some reason people these day's have a opinion on everything without even properly reading and digesting that information and base it on their own feelings about something.

And that's why they are annoyed with all this. A lot of good facts/info have been given why this F-35 project can succeed. But some people seem to ignore all of it and only look at the negative and their personal feelings about the F-35.

Even i am a little bit sceptic with my minimum knowledge about all of this. But more good points then bad points are givin why i think this project can work. But we all have to see the end product first before we know for sure.

We will see when it is released... ;)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

...anyway, the Kickstarter project is moving pretty slow is it not?

It is. And according to kicktraq they won't make it if the current trend continues. I'm not interested in the F-35 myself so I haven't pledged but I wish them they get the project funded nevertheless.

I have heard that the touchscreens are made up of alot of smaller panels so they should never all fail at the same time. If they do fail tough I think you have bigger problems anyway :D

Yeah... You haven't seen the condition I bring my A10 home in :megalol:

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Just a note to add that Mike Busutil is now the XO of the 461st vITF. Me, Mike, and David are going to work hard to bring this squadron up to speed. Stay Tuned....

I also got all your PM's, and though I havent responded, you all will have a spot to fill. Will take a little bit of time, but we will get it done.

• Like 1

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
...anyway, the Kickstarter project is moving pretty slow is it not?

Yes I even increased my pledge and I'm becoming a little afraid if we are not going to make it.:cry: It needs more ads at more forums

Edited by f-18hornet

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

It is quite normal for Kickstarter that the days that bring most of the money are the first two or three and the last two or three, so don't panic. For me it looks right on track. Perhaps a tiny bit short, but no reason to panic.

Additional advertising isn't wrong, though, I have already told some guys myself. So let's see. :)

It is quite normal for Kickstarter that the days that bring most of the money are the first two or three and the last two or three, so don't panic. For me it looks right on track. Perhaps a tiny bit short, but no reason to panic.

Additional advertising isn't wrong, though, I have already told some guys myself. So let's see. :)

I hope it's true! :)

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

In what respects the DCS F-35 Kickstarter campaign not attaining the $75K goal, I read a comment by David Kinney who explained that Kinney Interactive is prepared to contribute the remaining needed funds. It seems smart to me, as they will have community contribution and involvement.

Respecting the F-35, and even after I had big fun with DID F- 22 and TAW in the ending 90's, I'm more adept of flying older avionics. That don't restrain me of contributing.This module will contribute on the implementation of ground radar modes and will improve capabilities and employment of more air-to-ground weapons. More interesting, it will bring stealth to air combat dissimilarity (if a P-51D can bring down an A-10C, why not stalking F-35s riding a Fishbed :D ).

Respecting the DCS label, we can trust Eagle Dynamics appreciation on the project. Also, Kinney Interactive have already work done with F-22 and B-2 avionics simulation and the DCS F-35 will be a Lockheed Martin Licensed Product.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a note to add that Mike Busutil is now the XO of the 461st vITF. Me, Mike, and David are going to work hard to bring this squadron up to speed. Stay Tuned....

I also got all your PM's, and though I havent responded, you all will have a spot to fill. Will take a little bit of time, but we will get it done.

First order of businness, to kick some ass.... :D

Now someone mentioned a few days ago that the f-35 doesn't show up on RWR sensors. I can understand this if it's using a data link from other sensors (AWACS, Ground Radar, other aircraft radars, etc.) but if it was using its own radar, I don't see how it would hide from detection. Sure, radar lock I'm sure would be difficult but wouldn't its radar emissions be detected?

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

Lets hope this digital program goes better than the real life one. Donated $50 today.

Oopps we need another 75,K the radar inboards are needing

Up dates.? Congress ok.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Now someone mentioned a few days ago that the f-35 doesn't show up on RWR sensors. I can understand this if it's using a data link from other sensors (AWACS, Ground Radar, other aircraft radars, etc.) but if it was using its own radar, I don't see how it would hide from detection. Sure, radar lock I'm sure would be difficult but wouldn't its radar emissions be detected?

That is a benefit of the AESA radar. It doesn't use one specific frequency, wave length, power and amplitued. It uses thousands and is constantly changing.

Current RWR's look for patterns in radar energy to identify the source. Because the AESA changes so much and so quickly the RWR'S are not able to identify that radiation as being emitted from a radar.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

That is a benefit of the AESA radar. It doesn't use one specific frequency, wave length, power and amplitued. It uses thousands and is constantly changing.

Current RWR's look for patterns in radar energy to identify the source. Because the AESA changes so much and so quickly the RWR'S are not able to identify that radiation as being emitted from a radar.

Thanks for explaining!

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

Smashed through 30% last night and closing on 1/3rd of the target, we are also upto 193 test team members - going to be an awesome community to help build this project!

Todays facebook topic - what squadron or nation do you want to see in the sim the most? ;)

DCS F-35A Follow us on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/DCSF35

DCS F-35A Kickstarter:

DCS F-35A Website:

http://www.kinneyinteractive.com/#!dcs-f-35-lightning-ii/c1bom

I think there are a lot of "tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow" 'will be' pledgers (me included.) Typically numbers go up during crunch time. When I saw the MiG-21 was a couple hundred dollars short of its goal I put down a couple hundred to push it over- I'm sure many will do the same in this case. The plane is few people's favourites but given that the aircraft manufacturer is bought in and they're enlisting some A grade help from people who have their hands on the aircraft on a daily basis... sure- like the A-10 (that is three upgrades beyond what we're flying now) we'll never be "caught up" but this will be a very reliable pipeline to get us as close to ringside as we can be.

And for those of you ragging on the product already, that's like me griping about how crappy the Edmonton Oilers are going to do in next year's NHL playoff... and saying so like I can predict they'll even MAKE IT into the playoffs.

So to those of you who think their opinion is THAT important to the bigger picture, I urge you to at the VERY LEAST hold off until we have some feedback from people who have done more than just snipe at it in the forum.

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

we are also upto 193 test team members - going to be an awesome community to help build this project!

That's a good and bad thing. That's 190 some odd people with limited to no USAF/USN/USMC experience who will be "google" experts telling those actually in the know how something should work.

That being said look forward to being a tester and using my contacts at Eglin AFB, FL who are directly working the F-35.

canada

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb