Stand up and be counted all ye Mi-8 operators

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought.

I now just have 8 long hours in work to endure before I can head home and take her for a first flight. :(

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

My virus scanner (Avast) just encountered a suspected file. Something with DCSupdater.exe. After 1.3Gb I lost everything... :(

Details:

process: C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\update\DCS_updater.exe

infection: Win32:Evo-gen [susp]

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Bought :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Everyone, please mind the note in the official announcement thread:

Note to those considering making the pre-purchase of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight at the time of initial open beta availability.

The Mi-8MTV2 module is still a WIP product and will continue to recieve updates and additional features as it moves toward a final release version. Currently we are still working on an English draft of the flight manual and translation of the campaign missions, although anticipate having these completed, at least in draft form, in short order. What is already included is the Quickstart manual and some interactive training lessons to get you started that will cover the start-up procedure, weapons fire, and a takeoff demo track. The first three missions of the campaign are also included. The flight, engine, and fuel systems modeling is essentially complete and thoroughly tested by our very own senior Mi-8 pilot managing the project as well as other subject matter experts involved with development and testing. The damage model is still in progress. Weapons currently fully modeled include unguided rockets and three varieties of external gun pods.

Like other elements of the product, some avionics and systems modeling is still in-progress. Our plan for final release includes fully modeling all of the aircraft's systems and avionics with the exception of the Flight Data Recorder, IFF system, environmental systems, Voice Cockpit Recorder, and the gun camera. At the time of writing the following system are still incomplete or partially complete from the planned modeled set for final release:

- АРК-9 ADF

- Ядро-1М HF radio

- РИ-65 Voice Warning System

- ЭСБР electrical bomb release system

- Signal rockets

- ОПБ-1р bombing sight of the pilot-navigator

- Onboard machine guns

- Sling load

- Game mode

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

So, thoughts on the flight model as it stands?

Tempted, but being a helicopter novice I'm wary of getting something with the FM possessing "new and innovative flying challenges" like the Huey did initially....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2