Waiting for first discount on DCS: Mi-8MTV2

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about making it up to the original customers by giving them free beta on your next product?

:megalol::megalol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Basically,

gather your own dev team. Make a DCS level module. Start selling...

do NOT put it on sale.

See how better you do then the modules that are on sale.

Bankrupt team.

Come here and apologize for being an expert financial manager without the expertize and insight to back it up.

Edited by hegykc

Guys..please calm down..I also feel sorry for you full Price Customers seriously! The "Problem" here is..this is very simple Market Economy...and it is not BSTs fault..it`s ED..they want to reach more Customers..and how to get more Customers..yay..dump the Prices..and surely we..the Community are not all Customers..there are WAY MORE..especially after the whole Steam Thing

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Im kind of tempted to buy the Black Shark 2. I never did upgrade from BS1, never played much of BS1 anyway, for the same reason why I never bothered to master the A10, the avionics involved are just very hard to learn and the training missions were very canned. How is BS2 compared to the original? Are the training missions better, Im scared the steep learning curve will scare me off.

For reference Im loving the Huey module, its campaign, the missions and its simplicity of use.

Way to go, I thought I was waiting till after the Mi-8 went to Steam for the next sale. So donated to the WWII kickstart - now unexpectedly Belsimtek will be getting more $$ from me tomorrow.

I feel sorry for the guys that paid full price to get "early access" to the beta but the Mi-8 was the only module not in the steam sale and I guess ED are expecting a lot of takers that will make it worth their while (IMHO they should have waited +28 days out of politeness but such is life).

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

If I were a another third party DCS vendor, I would be very concerned about my initial sales outlook.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Any Taunting or Instigating posts in terms of the Release Price/Sale Price will be deleted, and if repeated will be subject to administrative actions.

Keep the Discussion Civil.

Also, Per Rule 1.3

1.3. - Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an Action Against you was unjust or otherwise Inappropriate, Please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to Appeal to the Action Forum Other staff members or the Forum administrator.

Public Discussion or circumvention of Administrative Action is not allowed, this includes complaining or posting asking why a post was deleted, reposting your post after it was deleted, discussing admin actions on your post, or anything related to admin actions, even if your posting Smileys towards the admin for deleting it.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Wake up you DCS:holics, ED or BST are not dependent on our sim enthusiasts for financial support, their main goal is commercial sims. ED gave as the a10c AFTER they did it for the us gov, BST gave as the Mi8 after they finished it for another company, together with edge airfields and scenery.

Edge sceneries together with Mi8 ( they actually made a 17) where made 1 year ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

How many people have Degrees or Business Licences?

A rough Example:

I work in Retail, and 90% of our Stock is marked down within a 1 week period to keep it moving after the initial rush of sales when it's new.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Mi8 at 20 $...

New chopper in my hangar tomorrow :)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Yeah you try that at your local walmart and survive.

Try what?

If you buy something at your local Wally World and it goes on sale in 30 days or so, you can get the sales price, or return the item and buy it at the sales price. Unfortunately online software sales are final.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I can't seem to find Mi-8 MTV2 Magnificent Eight at 60% discount. I only see 10% on steam and 0% on Official ED shop. Did the sale ended?

BTW if previous sales did not happen I probably would not purchase anything except the warthog. Now I own everything except combined arms:D

If I were a another third party DCS vendor, I would be very concerned about my initial sales outlook.

+1

Whilst not personally affected (I haven't YET bought the Mi-8 so have no reason to be mad), I do wonder how many more people will now assume that the wait for a sale will be tolerable. If I know I'm not going to be able to get a module I have my heart set on for 6 months unless I buy it full whack, I'd probably buy it. If I thought I could get it in a month on sale, I'd probably chance it.

People that will only snap things up in sales will still buy only on price drop but I suspect many people's assumptions of how long they will have to wait between release and sale prices will have changed.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

I work in Retail, and 90% of our Stock is marked down within a 1 week period to keep it moving after the initial rush of sales when it's new.

How much shelf space do those items take up in your store? Your example is driven by physical space requirements. That does not apply here. :doh:

It mind boggling to know that ripping off people is ok by some members on this forum when they have an interest at hand instead of showing some support against unfair and unscrupulous business conduct. I'm speechless.

1. Walmart has an HDTV selling at $1299.

2. Two weeks later, Walmart has a sale on same TV for $999.

3. Walmart is ripping people off? <------ I'm sorry I don't see it.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I ve just ''escaped'' from a 2nd one :suspect:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I agree...this isn't a wise move by ED. There may be as much as a thousand supporters who would buy modules on day 1...but this would undermine many of these people. The discount is not even a small 5%, its a significant discount. Personally, this would discourage early adopters. ED should make the sales similar to the model used by steam and other publishers. Newly released products don't go on sale atleast until after 6 months.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

You didn't get raped, all the DCS models are worth it. Some people will just get a better deal then you.

BINGO!!!:thumbup: The Modules are worth full price,and are a Steal at the sale price.I have no Will Power to wait for a sale,Congrats to those of you who do,You are getting an incredible deal,Enjoy!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

How much shelf space do those items take up in your store? Your example is driven by physical space requirements. That does not apply here. :doh:

Who said the reason for the store marking things down had anything to do with physical space?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I ve just ''escaped'' from a 2nd one :suspect:

There's no escaping it... lol :pilotfly:

Mi8 at 20 $...

New chopper in my hangar tomorrow :)

Im Tempted, but I may pass...

Might pick up 3rd Licenses for certain modules for Friends/Family that play DCS.