PLEASE Eagle Dynamics I beg you! (give us access to game settings during the game!)

Scing

PLEASE Eagle Dynamics I beg you! (give us access to game settings during the game!)

Allow us the options to view and change the game settings (video, controls gameplay etc) while in game!!!!

I am just starting out in this, (doing reasonably well with A-10C, and CA), but I also want to master FC3 and KA 51.

We need the option to access game settings to be able to change them on the fly (Keymapper/controls access is a MUST!).

After purchasing a new hybrid HDD, the game loads much quicker, BUT it is still a huge pain to stop and quit the game because you want to make a little change, reload the same game, then realize the setup is not as intuitive as you thought, so you must shut down the game make another change and reload.

I am still using a Logitech 3d Pro and so I will be continuously reverting to the control options to tweak it. One night it took me almost 4 hours to tweak my controls, but if I had the option to do it on the fly, it shouldn't have taken more than 20 mins.

Video settings are what I want to tweak next (won't be touching FC3 for a while since A10C took so long to setup) and again, it will require a lot of time (maybe 45-100 mins to test 3 different settings independently?), so I am not looking forward to it.

This would be trouly nice however... The engine of DCS world is very old. Not much can be done without extreme labor (if at all). Even the new menu layout is separate from the engine because it's not compatible. That's why EDGE is being developed. I would too like to be able to adjust the volume of in-game sounds (to lower them when using teamspeak). But if it is too much work I'd rather wait for EDGE. It doesn't hurt though to through some ideas like this one for consideration.

Nothing to do with compatibility between engine and GUI. Everything to do with compatibility with 32bit operating systems. Sim engine+GUI in one process = kiss your 32bit OS support goodbye.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

kiss your 32bit OS support goodbye.

this is one thing i don't understand. Practically every consumer computer to be produced in the last 5 years has a 64-bit processor in it, and they's been on the market for 10 now. The only way you can even get a 32-bit version of windows is to go out and buy a disc and overwrite your 64-bit copy.

Why is 32-bit support even on the plate at this point? So far as i know, there aren't even any 32-bit processors in production anymore. Certainly no computer built around one can run World stably, a 32-bit system cannot even address enough total system RAM to handle the graphics RAM requirements.

There's still users clinging to 32bit windows for a variety of reasons. Look at all the adress space related crash issues. As was announced a few months back, 32bit support is going to end at some time, probably this year. That will hopefully open the door for reintegration of the GUI.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

this is one thing i don't understand. Practically every consumer computer to be produced in the last 5 years has a 64-bit processor in it, and they's been on the market for 10 now. The only way you can even get a 32-bit version of windows is to go out and buy a disc and overwrite your 64-bit copy.

Why is 32-bit support even on the plate at this point? So far as i know, there aren't even any 32-bit processors in production anymore. Certainly no computer built around one can run World stably, a 32-bit system cannot even address enough total system RAM to handle the graphics RAM requirements.

Take a look in the bug forum at the amount of people having 32-bit problems.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Kill 32 bit already. It should get a final patch and sayonara.

Seriously. All those head aches for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There's still users clinging to 32bit windows for a variety of reasons.

Stamp on their fingers and let them go....:D

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

ED (Groove actually) posted in an update that 64bit support was going away, without providing a time frame.

Just do it and get it over with. There are few rational explanations for sticking with a 32 bit OS.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The subject has changed from controls to 32-bit. :D

Anyway; We should keep this thread alive! :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The subject has changed from controls to 32-bit. :D

That is because the OP and 32 bit support are directly linked.

Anyway; We should keep this thread alive! :)

Unless ED makes it moot. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A look at Steam hardware survey told me that 22,65% of consumer machines running the Steam service still use 32-bit operating systems.

I agree that it's silly that they do that, but that is a pretty nice chunk of the gaming market that's still running 32-bit operating systems. And it should be noted that even though 64-bit is noted as an actual requirement (as opposed to recommendation) on the DCS salesfront, there's still people showing up with 32-bit issues over there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As stated in title.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY,

Let us change keybinds/controls ON THE FLY! It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to also set controls, go to fly, and the controls REFUSE to save.

Allow us the options to view and change the game settings (video, controls gameplay etc) while in game!!!!

We need the option to access game settings to be able to change them on the fly (Keymapper/controls access is a MUST!).

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

And it should be noted that even though 64-bit is noted as an actual requirement (as opposed to recommendation) on the DCS salesfront, there's still people showing up with 32-bit issues over there.

Makes sense, 64 bit isn't a REQUIREMNET for nothing, logical that 32 bit issues arise then.

Get it over whit, drop the 32 bit support altogether.

It's doing more harm then it does good when looking at the big picture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

A look at Steam hardware survey told me that 22,65% of consumer machines running the Steam service still use 32-bit operating systems.

I agree that it's silly that they do that, but that is a pretty nice chunk of the gaming market that's still running 32-bit operating systems. And it should be noted that even though 64-bit is noted as an actual requirement (as opposed to recommendation) on the DCS salesfront, there's still people showing up with 32-bit issues over there.

I think we need to calculate that number against the people that ragequit because of the nightmare that is setting up your controls for the first time as a noob. Setting up the controls is the biggest problem I have with new players.

"Hey there is this awesome sim, you will really have fun, just have patience for an hour while I walk you through the controls!"

Get rid of the 32bit PLEASE!

As soon as your settings are set you won't Ned to look at them......

Agreed.

Along with the availability of other users profiles, that could have cut the time spent tweeking considerably, I think a more Logistical approach was in order. The kinks have already been worked out by others.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I've recently upgraded my machine and put fsx back on for the first time in ages... oh how I've missed "on the fly" settings adjustment.

Scenario: yeah i'll put that on this button... load game... press button... hmmm nahh I don't really like that there four hours later... my log book now reads 17 minutes of flight time..... I'm still not 100% happy with my button layout .... That's it I'm all out of free time..... damn 17 minutes flying in four hours .... hmmm FSX is looking more attractive again as every minute of my free time slips away forever never to be enjoyed again...

Makes sense, 64 bit isn't a REQUIREMNET for nothing, logical that 32 bit issues arise then.

Get it over whit, drop the 32 bit support altogether.

It's doing more harm then it does good when looking at the big picture.

Point is that as far as the example goes, that changes nothing.

32-bit OS is already explicitly not supported on the Steam sales channel. But there's still Steam customers with 32-bit OS popping up asking why it doesn't work; often it has never occured to them that "32-bit" would be an issue in any game at all, if they even know what that means. And that's a big part of "the market" that think like that, actually. They have better things to do than to nerd out and learn silly things like what 32-bit and 64-bit actually means. (And, even worse, there's still people out there buying 32-bit OSes, on machines with 8+GB of RAM, because they remember reading 7-8 years ago that 64-bit OSes are slower and with bad drivers...)

Now, again, those are all bad reasons to still be using a 32-bit OS. But the reality for ED is that there still are a lot of those people around, making it a very hard decision to drop support for them; you can imagine how it might feel to say "you know what, I'm going to make a change to the product that will block almost a quarter of my potential market"... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Get rid of the 32bit PLEASE!

Already mentioned, in this thread and in newsletters as well as announcements, that this is indeed planned for the near future. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

and how many of those systems are capable of running DCS? A 32-bit OS isn't even capable of addressing enough RAM to meet minimum requirements... Hell, any video card capable of reliably driving World at a playable framerate is gonna max out 32-bit address space....

I agree that it's silly that they do that, but that is a pretty nice chunk of the gaming market that's still running 32-bit operating systems.

...whiich are still incapable of running DCS

And it should be noted that even though 64-bit is noted as an actual requirement (as opposed to recommendation) on the DCS salesfront, there's still people showing up with 32-bit issues over there.

Which should get them told the same thing it got me told when i showed up with a machine that barely met min specs: "that sucks, guess it's time to upgrade"

There's still users clinging to 32bit windows for a variety of reasons.

such as?

Look at all the adress space related crash issues.

the what? I have never even -heard- of a computer crashing because it had -too much- RAM available...

(And, even worse, there's still people out there buying 32-bit OSes, on machines with 8+GB of RAM, because they remember reading 7-8 years ago that 64-bit OSes are slower and with bad drivers...)

I really hate to say it, but if someone is sufficiently technically disinclined as to intentionally order their computer with an OS in it which renders it capable of using only 40% of the installed ram (less if it has a discrete video card), is probably going to ragequit within an hour of launching DCS.

Now, again, those are all bad reasons to still be using a 32-bit OS. But the reality for ED is that there still are a lot of those people around, making it a very hard decision to drop support for them; you can imagine how it might feel to say "you know what, I'm going to make a change to the product that will block almost a quarter of my potential market"... ;)

Well, if you look at everyone who owns a computer as part of the potential market, it does have that lack of appeal. But, again, how many of those computers, ignoring the 32-bit problem, are capable of running DCS? The vast majority of consumer PCs are sold without a discrete graphics card. In fact, that number is rising since the advent of Intel HD graphics built into the I5 and I7 series processors, does ED consider them potential customers?

The truth is, while ED might nominally support its customers who still cling to 32-bit operating systems, they moved away from support for those systems in -fact- when World went live.