Eye Candy 2014

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

That negative G stuff must feel terrible, I can't standing hanging my head down for 10 sec, let alone 2 or 3 G's worth. I bet, at that moment, it's a "job", not just fun in the sky.

-Nick

..pretty much sums it up, but looks pretty good from the ground. FCAGTs can't help you with the -G! :joystick:

• 2 weeks later...
Why are they doing a new Mesh for the Eurofighter? And will there be a new mesh for the cockpit as well? I'm so exited about the EF-2000, its just crazy!

Because the original mesh was for LockOn FC2 and ported to DCS and not good enough quality in our eyes.

With DCS2 we can achieve much more with the graphics quality and therefore the model needs to be up to the job, especially with VR systems like the Rift.

Yes cockpit is being completely remodelled also.

Thanks,

Chris.

Because the original mesh was for LockOn FC2 and ported to DCS and not good enough quality in our eyes.

With DCS2 we can achieve much more with the graphics quality and therefore the model needs to be up to the job, especially with VR systems like the Rift.

Thanks,

Chris.

Sweet, now that Oculus VR has a release date. Bring on that eye candy!!!

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

Thank you Chris!

I'm really looking forwoard for new pictures :-)

You Guys are doing a great Job, the way how you give the community information... I just love it! Just keep doing what you are doing.

Tobias

Thanks,

Chris.

How far does this push the DCS Eurofighter? 2016? 2017?

It's been a few years since the announcement... :(

How far does this push the DCS Eurofighter? 2016? 2017?

It's been a few years since the announcement... :(

Good old saying, be done when it's done :)

Some eye candy maybe over the summer and more progressive news towards the end of the year.

Pman

Latest official statement is 2015, so December ...or when it's done! ;)

Well, I'm excited to get my hands on... Fingers crossed!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I like the remoddeling. The "old" mesh was not a pretty mesh from the outside. But why are you doing a new cockpit? And are you working simultaniusly on the programming for the systems? And did you already start to work on the flight physics (EFM)

I like the remoddeling. The "old" mesh was not a pretty mesh from the outside. But why are you doing a new cockpit? And are you working simultaniusly on the programming for the systems? And did you already start to work on the flight physics (EFM)

To try and answer these in order

The old cockpit wasnt up to spec in our opinion so we binned it and started afresh

Yes to systems and yes to EFM

Pman

As long as they model the PIRATE (Passive InfraRed Airborne Tracking Equipment) I'm happy with whatever radar we get.

AESA financing was sourced last year as far as I know? So it is pretty much "in development" let alone likely to be declassified...

Block5 should have PIRATE and CAPTOR-M as well as the upgrade to the FCS, yeah!!!

CAPTOR-M should be able to TWS some 20 targets?

PIRATE + CAPTOR means better detection of small and "stealthed" fighters, so as long as we don't get the F-22, F-35, J-20, Su-PAK FA or similar Gen 5 aircraft, it is the most sophisticated system in DCS?

We have datalink capability and hopefully HMSS... So it will be quite a match for the Su-27 or F-18 ;)

I'm really excited about that aircraft.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

My view, as long as they simulate or where necessary emulate all systems of the aircraft to a reasonable degree I'm perfectly fine. That they won't simulate every single feature the real aircraft has should be clear and it should be kept in mind that this is a commercial product meant for public use.

My view, as long as they simulate or where necessary emulate all systems of the aircraft to a reasonable degree I'm perfectly fine. That they won't simulate every single feature the real aircraft has should be clear and it should be kept in mind that this is a commercial product meant for public use.

Yep, I think everybody is aware we won't have a one to one simulation, even of a real Block 5, but if someone can do it close to the real thing, it is VEAO! :D

Shagrat