Eye Candy 2014

Hey. Any news about Typhon for DCS?

Something tells me they are looking to integrate the MFCD's soon?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Love the Ultra MFCD program! Would be great to have it working early with the Typhoon.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Helios is basically unsupported now. I still use it for the A-10C but if anything in DCS world changes I don't foresee Gadroc fixing it anymore.

Just an FYI there is Open source helios now so hopefully some more developers will get involved and im positive someone will be working on an interface for the Typhoon when it arrives.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have a couple of thing bubbling about so don't worry, I'm sure you'll be catered for :)

Will it be a specific version of the Typhoon or will it be adaptable in the load out to mimic the different versions?

The Spain and UK versions are the ones I'd like to see for Multi-role capability and nice selection of GBUs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be honest I've never been a fan of EF2000 but I become to be.

I was a fan of F-16 ( Polish Air Force have got 48 F-16 Block 52+ and 32 MiG-29 ), F-15E, Super Hornet and Dassault Rafale.

I always thought EF2000 was really expensive and weak plane comparing it to Dassault Rafale but I begin to see that upgrading of EF2000 is still and will be in progress so it seems to be really future-proof platform.

Dassualt Rafale has got more options than Tranche 2 but Tranche 3 exists and it's still developing.

I've always tried to find some comparison of Rafale and Eurofighter.

To be honest I've never been a fan of EF2000 but I become to be.

I was a fan of F-16 ( Polish Air Force have got 48 F-16 Block 52+ and 32 MiG-29 ), F-15E, Super Hornet and Dassault Rafale.

I always thought EF2000 was really expensive and weak plane comparing it to Dassault Rafale but I begin to see that upgrading of EF2000 is still and will be in progress so it seems to be really future-proof platform.

Dassualt Rafale has got more options than Tranche 2 but Tranche 3 exists and it's still developing.

I've always tried to find some comparison of Rafale and Eurofighter.

Im more of a Jas 39 Gripen kind of guy myself ^^

Does the Rafales OSF really compare to PIRATE? Can it launch IRIS-T or ASRAAM missiles? What about Brimstone?

Don't get me wrong, the Rafale is a great aircraft, but the Typhoon really excels in the Multirole capacity... that's what I like about that bird. It combines power, good aerodynamics, good fighter/interceptor capabilities with ground attack and bomber traits, most of which can even be handled in the same mission.

Edit: a real benefit for the Rafale is the carrier ops capability, of course!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Once I saw an interesting comparison of Eurofighter and Rafale.

Rafale wins if we'll take A/G into account but Eurofighter wins in A/A.

That's true. Eurofighter has got more possibilites to take differential weapons but here's a question. How IRIS-T or Brimstone are good? Rafale can take only French weapon. It's a good move because it's needed to buy their weapons. What's more, don't forget Rafale can take bindings with three branches which makes that 3 AASM can be taken by one binding ( I hope it's understable ).

Information of day:

Egypt decided to buy 24 Dassault Rafale and one frigate (Normandie type). It makes Egypt the first country which decided to buy Rafale. From the other side I begin to wonder why they chose Rafale without any tender.

I'm also interested what the USA will tell about it and which steps Israel will decide to do. Egypt is an ally of Israel but also potential enemy like Saudi Arabia or UAE.

Edited by Valium
Im more of a Jas 39 Gripen kind of guy myself ^^

I don't see any future for Gripen except 'E,F' version.

Switzerland and Brasil decided to buy them but in Swiss tender they could have chosen Rafale or Gripen so they decided to buy Gripen because it was cheaper and they claimed they didn't need as advanced planes as Rafale was.

In Brasil they chose Gripen but I suspect it was because of costs. Earlier goverment announced that they'd chosen Rafale but further goverment chose Gripen, because of price especially.

I don't think it was a good choice in case of Brasil. It's a huge country, Gripen hasn't got long range, can't take many weapons so they have to locate them really strategically to safe their country.

I don't think Swiss choice was good because these Gripens are sufficient aircrafts for this country. I would rather claim that Gripens are good planes to protect borders but other planes are better in multirole operations.

Edited by Valium

I'd like to fly with RAF ensigns. My uncle serviced in 317 sqn. during WW II so I've got a fondness for Royal Air Force.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, he serviced in 317 sqn since 10 III 1942 ( D-M-Y) to 1947 or even 1948. He had got girlfriend which was born in the UK but he returned to Poland in 1948 ( his mother sent a letter ).

Due to the fact that Poland was under soviet sphere of influence, Polish govenment wasn't Polish (if you know what I mean). Both my uncle and his brother were arrested. His brother was murdered after 2 weeks, my uncle spent 19 months there. He died in 1984 because of the 2nd stroke.

He took part in operation over Dieppe. During returning he was shot over France. He was seriously wounded in the head, arm and leg but he decided to make a landing in UK. During flight he passed out twice, he landed in the UK and he fainted third time.

From documents I've found, I found out the had lost an elbow because of it.

spitfire.jpg.d5bd2b54c592469e29f11d45148cbf81.jpg +

Ok, let's back to the topic.

Any new photos guys? Have you ever thought about making double seat version?

Edited by Valium
  • 1 month later...

Wait until you see the others......

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL