TOO MUCH SMOKE!

bkthunder

Seriously, I thought someone of the talented and carefully observing folks at ED had noticed that NONE of the current U.S. jets smokes nearly as much and as black as what's portrayed in 1.2.7

Can't believe you guys keep on overlooking such small details that are huge immersion killers. Was it such a huge hassle to tune down the smoke according to the many hundreds of thousands pictures and videos of F-15 etc. that show only a faint brown smoke coming out the engine? The thing had been reported by a few people (including me of course) during beta, talk about listening to feedback.

And for the fanboys, be honest enough to admit you can now spot these aircraft at much longer ranges thanks to the gigantic smoke trail.

An_air-to-air_front_view_of_a_25th_Tactical_Fighter_Squadron_A-10_Thunderbolt_II_aircraft_during_Exercise_Team_Spirit_'86_DF-ST-87-09783.jpg

10l3.jpg

r4t1.jpg

F15.jpg

1ivy.jpg

P.S. The intake animation on the F-15 is STILL WRONG!

Edited by bkthunder

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Overreacting much?

Not updating to 1.2.7 until this is fixed...:)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

The F-15 does smoke on power changes. It's true that it's not such a thick puff of smoke, rather a light brown line that appears for a few seconds. Small fix in the appearance of the smoke is needed at some point I agree. (While on the other hand the Su-27 should perhaps smoke slightly more.) Definitely not worth crying over.

And I have to hand it to them that some aircraft like MiG-29's smoke effect is absolutely spot on perfect. And I really like that they implemented this.

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

Wow 1.2.7 is utterly awesome.

I think you guys are making a mistake being so worried about the smoke.

I actually think it looks fantastic and there needs to be more of it.

It's okay, I was only joking. Not sure about the other guy... :thumbup:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I actually think it looks fantastic and there needs to be more of it.

yeah, i think the afterburners look fantastic, we should have them on all the time even when the engines are off, like in Ace combat! Cool!

Oh, how about we color the vapor trails red/blue depending if the aircraft is enemy or friendly? That would help SA soooo much ;P

The smoke effects do look awesome, and I have said so in at least a couple other threads, but just because something looks good, it doesn't mean that you should put it everywhere. Instead of playing fanboy, go find a picture that shows an F-15 producing that much smoke, then you'll have a point.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Edited by McDaniel
sorry....better leave it alone....

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Yes, i tnink smoke is exaggerated. I see that some aircraft have smoke and others dont? Is that because of different height and atmospheres or something, i checked in the Tornado, one had smoke and another one in another place didnt produce smoke???

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

interesting I dont see any smoke at all if you dont want it turn off your HDR

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

i agree that the smokes are welcome, but yet too dark, it should probably be at 50% of his actual opacity

Depends on aircraft. On some the amount is correct.

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

Overreacting much?

Agreed!! ED has and will continue to tweak, but I see no reason to pitch a fit. The majority are enjoying the feature.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I think there is not enough smoke. And it should be darker too, like burning tires or something - to remind us constantly how jet fighters are killing the planet and destroying the environment.

Where I live, there hasn't been any snow or frost the whole winter and two days ago it droped to like -15 as if someone snapped their fingers. That is some serious climate anomaly and personally I blame the USAF.

• Like 1

I think there is not enough smoke. And it should be darker too, like burning tires or something - to remind us constantly how jet fighters are killing the planet and destroying the environment.

Where I live, there hasn't been any snow or frost the whole winter and two days ago it droped to like -15 as if someone snapped their fingers. That is some serious climate anomaly and personally I blame the USAF.

wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I was flying the F-15 yesterday and barely even noticed the smoke. It looked fine to me.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Very realistic indeed! especially on the A-10!

P.S. Thanks for moving this to to the wishlist, should it gather too many views... :thumbup:

An_air-to-air_front_view_of_a_25th_Tactical_Fighter_Squadron_A-10_Thunderbolt_II_aircraft_during_Exercise_Team_Spirit_'86_DF-ST-87-09783.jpg

10l3.jpg

r4t1.jpg

Edited by bkthunder

Conspiracy theorist much?

I thought I saw somewhere that they are going to fix that.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED