MIG-21 1.5.1 ACTIVATION

Cobra847

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.5.1 and 1.2

I use both 1.5.1beta and 1.2 versions of DCS (1.5 because of better performances in single player and 1.2 for multiplayer since we need things like Universal Radios and LotAtc to work).

Since the last update I have this issue where I can only activate the MiG-21 on either 1.5.1 or 1.2.16 (not both). I know you have added 5 activations to everyone a few days ago but I already spent them trying to make this module to work properly on both versions of the game.

If I activate the module in 1.5.1beta for example, I always get an annoying starforce protection pop up when I try to launch 1.2.16 to play online with my friends. And of course if I try to activate it, starforce crashes and I can't use the Fishbed in 1.2.16. I can use the regedit fix and remove my activation and then activate it in 1.2.16 with no problem, but then 1.5.1beta is all screwed up in the same way.

The MiG-21 used to be my favorite module but all this starforce hassle is really getting onto my nerves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/

I use both 1.5.1beta and 1.2 versions of DCS (1.5 because of better performances in single player and 1.2 for multiplayer since we need things like Universal Radios and LotAtc to work).

Since the last update I have this issue where I can only activate the MiG-21 on either 1.5.1 or 1.2.16 (not both). I know you have added 5 activations to everyone a few days ago but I already spent them trying to make this module to work properly on both versions of the game.

If I activate the module in 1.5.1beta for example, I always get an annoying starforce protection pop up when I try to launch 1.2.16 to play online with my friends. And of course if I try to activate it, starforce crashes and I can't use the Fishbed in 1.2.16. I can use the regedit fix and remove my activation and then activate it in 1.2.16 with no problem, but then 1.5.1beta is all screwed up in the same way.

The MiG-21 used to be my favorite module but all this starforce hassle is really getting onto my nerves.

I have both the 1.2.16 release and 1.5.1 release. Everytime I launch the release version or the open beta I get asked to activate whether I fly the Mig or not. Should I run the registry fix or is there some other solution to this?

The reason for having to re-activate is that we changed protection system settings between 1.2 and 1.5 to fix this issue permanently.

If you jump between versions, you are going to run into re-activations because of the protection differences.

If you insiist on running two versions, e-mail me and I can supply you with a secondary key for use in 1.2.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The reason for having to re-activate is that we changed protection system settings between 1.2 and 1.5 to fix this issue permanently.

If you jump between versions, you are going to run into re-activations because of the protection differences.

If you insiist on running two versions, e-mail me and I can supply you with a secondary key for use in 1.2.

I ran 1.2 earlier today and had no problem with re-activation. Does it happen only if I try to actually fly the MiG-21 in 1.2?

Cobra 847, check your private messages .

Ход времени неумолим,

Наступит день, взревут турбины…

И оторвется от земли

Тебе послушная машина. © Вадим Захаров.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabyte z390 aorus elite|i7-9700K(turbo boost4800)|4xDDR4-3466(32)|HDD(2Tb)|gtx1080ti|Pimax 5k+|G32QC|Chieftec 1000W| ZalmanGS1200|BRD(напольник)|РУС Мангуст Т-50|VKB-MK-18-3|Mdjoy16(GVL)|Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog|Thrustmaster MFD|MS Sidewinder Force Feedbak 2|TrackIR5+TrackClipPRO|

I have bound my original mig-21 key (release key for pledger) to current account and activated easily. I also used the registry file in the other post by cobra. now its running fine.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Just tryed the registry delete activation .reg, but still having this message box when I launch DCS...

maybe i'm missing something.. :helpsmilie:

Cattura.jpg

EDIT: Solved! the .reg file didn' t worked, I had to delete manually in regedit..

Edited by grifo

I upgraded my RAM today from 8 to 16GB and had to struggle with the issue a bit.

in first picture you can see the second window appearing after the first say all was OK...

eRKuVFc.png

Here you can see that the application crashed after the activation. Luckly it was ok... till now. First time it crashed... it crashed the whole game and had to reactivate.

7KK2NIu.png

I think I haven't lost more than one activation... If I count one when I bought the module, one at the last patch and one now plus 12 left makes 15 which should be the complete number (10+5).

However it was some stress as it was the only module that asked for this, I only changed the RAM that should bring just 3 points out of 12 iirc before triggering an activation.

I think at least LNS Starforce needs some work... maybe yo guys get some time to "tune" it a bit cause it really can dent your image.

Anyway... I hope this 10 activation system will be overhaul someday with a simple user/pass/key activation that can be made whenever the program feel the need but without bothering the user... unless something seriously is going wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is it possible to get an answer from the "ED Team" on the activation module MiG-21 - whether the activation module in 1.2.x and 1.5.x beta at the same time, if so, how?

- If this is not possible the activation of why no warnings about it and we spend the activation wasted.

- What should I do to not lose the activation?

- Write instructions to solve the problem or explain what you are doing "ED Team" to solve the problem?

- A way to separate keys for 1.2.x does NOT WORK but you keep him advised.

Edited by Eastwood

Is it possible to get an answer from the "ED Team" on the activation module MiG-21 - whether the activation module in 1.2.x and 1.5.x beta at the same time, if so, how?

- If this is not possible the activation of why no warnings about it and we spend the activation wasted.

- Write instructions to solve the problem or explain what you are doing "ED Team" to solve the problem?

- A way to separate keys for 1.2.x does NOT WORK but you keep him advised.

I have replied to you in the Russian branch.

The ED team is not responsible for the MiG-21.

The MiG-21 asks for re-activation when switching between 1.2.16 and 1.5 because the activation system changed. We cannot fix the bug we introduced at release without updating the protection.

Thus, I advise that you pick a version and stick to it until 1.5 is out of BETA.

All keys have an extra 5 activations added since a few days ago.

Thus, the extra activation spent when upgrading to 1.5 is moot.

I advise you to play DCS on one version. Alternatively, you can e-mail us for a secondary key for 1.2.16; but there is no guarantee this will work (re-activation prompt between versions)

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I think this must be fix as soon as possible. We are testing the Mig-21 in the 1.5 right... If one user spend 100 key entries due this malfunction is not our fault.

I can't touch the 1.2.16 because this bug and got 5 key entries out in one day. How long gone take this?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, in my case I uninstalled MiG-21 from 1.2.16 (I need that version to fly official missions with other modules with my squadron) and the problem is gone. I can fly all my modules (all except for MiG-21 in 1.2.16 and all modules in 1.5.1) without receiving any Starforce error or reactivation. Before uninstalling, I was asking to activate MiG-21 whether I played MiG-21 or not. I have hundreds of entries in the MiG-21 branch in the registry but it doesn't matter by now.

For me it is a solution while waiting for the ultimate solution.

I have replied to you in the Russian branch.

The ED team is not responsible for the MiG-21.

The MiG-21 asks for re-activation when switching between 1.2.16 and 1.5 because the activation system changed. We cannot fix the bug we introduced at release without updating the protection.

Thus, I advise that you pick a version and stick to it until 1.5 is out of BETA.

All keys have an extra 5 activations added since a few days ago.

Thus, the extra activation spent when upgrading to 1.5 is moot.

I advise you to play DCS on one version. Alternatively, you can e-mail us for a secondary key for 1.2.16; but there is no guarantee this will work (re-activation prompt between versions)

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks for the detailed answer. Let's wait 1.5..final. I advise you to write the same detail on the Russian forum, because there are some silly dispute without meaning.

Will the protection be changed to ED standards with F-14 ?

I'm currently having computer issue, and it comes down to replace parts until it works.

Eagle Dynamics Starforce version doesn't go crazy when you change RAM or GPU. With yours, simply swapping some RAM waste an activation.

I really hope that all protection will get unified to a single same starforce version.

Will the protection be changed to ED standards with F-14 ?

I'm currently having computer issue, and it comes down to replace parts until it works.

Eagle Dynamics Starforce version doesn't go crazy when you change RAM or GPU. With yours, simply swapping some RAM waste an activation.

I really hope that all protection will get unified to a single same starforce version.

We are fixing this problem with the MiG-21 protection already.

It will not be an issue in future aircraft or versions of the MiG-21.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Dear All,

To find a permanent fix for the erroneous request for activation (regardless of changed hardware) - we are working to implement a fix that eliminates this error.

Unfortunately, this might mean that in 1.5.1 and in one future patch, you may be prompted for one additional activation of your license key. However, do not fret.

To put it bluntly; we will replace your key at any given time should you need it.

If you are low on activations or have completely run out; please send us an e-mail to:

nicholas.dackard@gmail.com and we will work with you to replace your key.

Please try to limit yourselves and only request a change in key if you feel it absolutely necessary to help alleviate our workload.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you,

Nick & LS

Hi Nick! I am 175210246.My key of mig21bis is still out of the ED database....:What should i do? cry::cry:

Can anyone explain this in more detail steps:

Note: It is recommended to manually update and follow these steps:

Cancel any automatic update prompt.

Deactivate module.

Delete all Leatherneck Simulations’ MiG-21Bis Windows Registry entries.

Execute manual update.

Restart Windows, and activate module.

If successful, users should not be asked to reactivate after future updates.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

It is possible now to deactivate the module, just like the ED ones (it stated that I have 4 deactivations left, so the total is 5).

It says that we should reactivate just to make sure the bug is out of the system, by following those mentioned steps . Before updating to the latest hotfix, deactivate the Mig21 module first, run the key-deleter reg file, restart your OS, then update the game and reactivate the module. That's my take on it at least.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Thanks Leatherneck!

Followed the instructions and no activation requests anymore.:thumbup:

You guys caught a lot of flak over this issue. Hope everyone is as quick to appreciate the fix.:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT