Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Would be nice to have it selectable for the HUD view and the cockpit instruments.

In the Telemetry windows, show both.

It is not yet possible to switch between magnetic and true heading. I can add the option in the next release.

Where would you like to see the magnetic or the true heading?

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Whatever your shortest unit of time measurement is. I don't mean to complicate things, 'frame by frame' means whatever the resolution of the recording is :)

I can certainly give you examples - basic speed-time-position data for an aircraft and missiles are the current need. Just need more precision. Back when you used to have everything in the LUA the recording interval could be adjusted from 1/10th sec to whatever...that's all I want :)

A more concrete, but but bu no means exhaustive example: Studying missile miss-distance. The time resolution for this is often not good enough, and the ack of ability to play frame-by-frame requires visually 'eyeballing' the numbers to get said shortest distance. Which, btw ... would it be able to export that value also - ie. the distance between two objects, the aspect etc ... since you already calculate them :)

Also, when telemetry is exported from tacview to .csv the time interval is 0.25 seconds. It would be wonderful to have the ability to change the csv export interval.

The media playback feature is currently available in Tacview 1.7 beta 1 to all registered users.

So what does it let you do? I assume it allows you to take lets say a live recorded session (the audio portion) and match it up to tacview so while playing back you can hear your audio as it was during live recording?

This would also make it SO much easier to match up video segments when I edit my videos. Currently it is pretty hard to match up recordings I make of Tacview with my live recordings. Seems like it would be easy but if you are off by a few frames things don't look right. I've got a lot better recently at editing these as I finally had to learn how to move a video file frame by frame with keyboard commands. So, I can slide it left and right to match it up with live video.

So what does it let you do? I assume it allows you to take lets say a live recorded session (the audio portion) and match it up to tacview so while playing back you can hear your audio as it was during live recording?

This would also make it SO much easier to match up video segments when I edit my videos. Currently it is pretty hard to match up recordings I make of Tacview with my live recordings. Seems like it would be easy but if you are off by a few frames things don't look right. I've got a lot better recently at editing these as I finally had to learn how to move a video file frame by frame with keyboard commands. So, I can slide it left and right to match it up with live video.

Precisely my problem also. :thumbup:

Also usefull for updating my glide slope mod for TacView.

Create VFR maps for Tacview in just a few minutes!

Jacques ‘Detox’ Deyrieux has just released Mapview 1.0.0, a great program to create VFR maps for Tacview in just a few minutes!

Simply add the region of your choice in the maps.ini file (do not forget to add the region in the GLOBAL section of the ini file). Launch Mapview. Adjust some of the parameters, and click [Go!].

Three new jpg textures modes have been added to Tacview 1.7.0 beta 2: adaptive black & white, adaptive color, and transparent. They will be available soon, till Tacview 1.7.0 beta 2 is released, make sure the blending mode is set to [Normal].

The next version of this wonderful program will be able to generate maps with OpenStreetMap as well as orthophoto from Bing maps!

Thumbs up to Detox! :thumbup:

Mapview is available here: http://www.tacview.net/download/addons/#mapview

pic-mapview.jpg

Blending modes available in Tacview 1.7.0 beta 2:

pic-tiles-blend-mode.jpg

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 2 weeks later...

Are there key bindings for Faster / Slower (ie. making playback 2x, 4x etc)?

In fact can there be keybinds for ANYTHING that is selectable in Tacview. Right now, when going through a Tacview replay in full screen for example I have to constantly flip back to window mode in order to select some options. When recording this with OBS it is a pain because OBS seems to need some time to adjust when going back to fullscreen. Also, I then have to edit out these switches on post production whereas if I can do everything via keypress then I could have a single flowing recording with little to no editing required later in post production.

Here are some answers to your questions:

• The aircraft sensor position is coming, this is just a matter of time :) (under the condition the data is exposed by DCS World, which is aircraft dependent)
  • I tried to export the pilot head position once without any success, I will try another technique as soon as I have the time. This will probably work only for the local aircraft. I do not think the AI head positions are accurate enough to provide any relevant information (not talking about Jester which is still unavailable)
  • The sensor data merge may be already working, but I did not have the time to test/polish this feature.
  • The batch telemetry export is planned too, but this may be for Tacview 1.8.
  • The new video playback is perfectly synchronized with the Telemetry, in just a few clicks you can load up to 4 audio/video files and review then side by side with the telemetry.
  • I will add shortcuts for to playback faster/slower the data.

Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

The new video playback

Vyrtuoz, would you mind explaining how that works and what is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The new video playback feature is available in the latest beta version of Tacview 1.7.0 to the owners of a Tacview Standard or Tacview Advanced licence.

• Click one the menu options called “Media” to open up-to 4 windows.
  • In each window, you can load any audio/video file which is supported by your system (Windows DirectShow codecs). Typically, you can open audio mp3 and video mp4 files.
  • With the slider, you can intuitively synchronize the media with the 3D view of Tacview.
  • Each media will then be played back accordingly to the current 3D view time, following any pause, seek, fast forward and backward manipulation.

This feature is sponsored by the French Air Force and is very useful to playback real-life GoPro video or the audio chat of an online flight with your squadron in addition to the usual debriefing.

• Like 1

Hi Vyrtuoz,

I just buy a advanced one and active it now.

But I got a problem regards data export realtime.

The tacview can connect to DCS both in single play and multiplay

But there is no planes on the map, only bullseye and airport are shown.

How can I debug this issue?

Sys Spec: Win10 x64 ultimate lastest

DCSW: 1.5.7 (lastest)

I have try R1.6.4 and B1.7.2, all are failed

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

Haven't tacview files in the latest 1.5.8 update (open beta).

Is there a compatibility problem?

Same here.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have just registered for the Dogs of War forum to post such an issue.

I just purchased Tacview the day 1.5.8 was released.

What i have noticed is that in 2.1 when going to the special tab in the settings I can see Tacview information when clicking on the left menu

in 1.5.8 when clicking tacview on the left, nothing is being displayed in the right pane.

so currently Tacview doesnt work in 1.5.8 but works fine in 2.1

Anyone got any suggestions?

I am running the Latest Beta 1.7.0 beta 2 which i have downloaded, I have also removed the release version just in case that was causing a problem I have also re-installed the beta version.

I have also confirmed that the export.lua is correct and all files are in the right places

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Open Beta TV

Hi guys, I transformed my release version into the open beta in order to take advantage of the new update.

the thing is that tacview wont work now, and dont know what to do.

the menu option is there but blank.

Indeed! I have tested just DCS 1.5.8 beta and it does not work.

According to DCS World log, this is because of the following error in DCS internal LUA scripts (somewhere in the menus) which prevents Tacview and any other external add-on to be executed.

Let’s hope this will be fixed in the final build.

00134.729 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./dxgui/bind/Window.lua"]:110: Invalid arguments!
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'WindowSetDraggable'
[string "./dxgui/bind/Window.lua"]:110: in function 'setFunc'
[string "./dxgui/loader/DialogLoader.lua"]:83: in function 'setWidgetParams'
[string "./dxgui/loader/DialogLoader.lua"]:233: in function 'spawnWidget'
[string "./dxgui/loader/DialogLoader.lua"]:253: in function 'spawnDialogFromFile'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewPlugins.lua"]:28: in function 'loadPluginContainer'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewPlugins.lua"]:61: in function 'onShowTab'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewPlugins.lua"]:81: in function 'onChange'
[string "./dxgui/bind/ListBox.lua"]:160: in function 'onChangeNew'
[string "./dxgui/bind/ListBox.lua"]:141: in function 'onItemMouseUp'
[string "./dxgui/bind/ListBox.lua"]:29: in function 'callback'
[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:330: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:325>

Thanks for the confirmation! Let's hope it will be fixed in the next update.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Looks like the problem is present in 2.2.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL