Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Harrier only on blue, thats sad.

lots of fun to be had with it, sad only blue gets it.

And if someone now jumps out of a bush and says "muh muh muh nato vs pact feeling", I appreciate that but its not going to be viable for blueflag for a long time. We got to figure something out imho attack symetric is ze way to go.

For the moment its just the fun to be had tbh. :)

Well for Full Fidelity modules I predict something like this:

Blue VS Red

F-18C Vs JF-17

F-14B VS F-14A

AV-8B VS AJS-37

F-5E VS MiG-21Bis

F-4E VS Mirage 2000C

A-10C VS Christian Eagle II

I approve the idea of havi g the future F14 on Red side. Not only it will balance the a-a, but actually Iran has it. Therefore it fits perfectly

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Patch notes for open beta

DCS World:

MP. Fixed noticeable stuttering.

MP server. Interactive windows can be disabled when crash appears.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3333269#post3333269

should allow auto restart now

Edited by BIGNEWY
added link

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With more modules coming to DCS like F-4, F-14 and F/A-18 the situation is not going to improve. We can accept what DCS gives the mission creators to play with or try to fight it. IMO fighting it will just increase the IFF hell which already is a problem on many servers. Some may not care but some find it as an immersion killer. The other way would be drop the concept of "balancing" the airframes (which IMHO is a dead end) and try to work out another system - like player numbers, number of lifes, supplementing the sides with AI flights, air defences, etc...

I agree with having frames side exclusive and I agree that trying to balance things to the limit doesnt really work.

Real conflicts also have IFF hell if you dont have iff interrogator go for markings.

Immersion killer on a setup where hostile farps can be inside 30km of your own airbase. I dunno I really love blueflag but by all means its not a realistic war scenario, its a very nice wargame.

Player numbers didnt even work with symetric a2g frames, numbers of lifes does only work if one side has a life pool which _definitely_ will run out within the average play time of a player. And people already dont like 4 lifes limiting them. So I dont think that would be more popular in the first place.

AI flights are a better joke. a2a and a2g. When you give the side in disadvantage 2x+ the AI to compensate maybe will bring some kind of force equality.

Air defences could be a way.

What i really am fine with if high fidelity frames get split reasonably across factions.

viggen red harrier blue or vice versa. for example. Or bind it to airports as captured equipment.

But the option "blue gets all the toys becaus muh nato vs pact feelings will be hurt" imho doesnt reflect majority of players nor does it help the setup.

I dont opt for the same frames on both sides forever, I opt for it as long as we dont have a concept of in which way frames get assigned to factions.

This setup as I think you would like:

f14 f18 f15 f4 m2k vs su27 mig29 m2k

a10c av8b viggen vs su25t

uh1 gazelle vs mi8 ka50

Would just kill blueflag tbh. I am not the guy that opts for omg it has to be balabced.

But flying both sides has to be interesting from a module selection standpoint

f15 f14 f18 m2k f4 vs su27 mig29 jf17 m2k f4

a10c viggen vs av8b su25t

uh1 gazelle vs mi8 ka50

Something like this. both sides have options but only planes that really are probably to be met on both sides are symetric. not "balacned" but interesting for both sides and no iff hell.

Thats all I propose.

In the end its anyways not us who decide but ciribob and xcom :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I don't see what is the problem with having rl like aircraft for both sides with some exceptions.

BLUE:

A-10C

UH-1H

F-15C

F-5E

AV-8B

Mi-8(limited)

Su-25T/A(limited)

MiG-21(limited)

RED:

Su-27/33

MiG-29

Mi-8

Su-25A/T

Ka-50

MiG-21

AJS-37(limited)

F-5E(limited)

All the future modules can be on both sides (except the F/A-18.)

BLUE:

F/A-18C

F-14B

F-4E

Mi-24(limited)

RED:

F-14A(limited)

F-4E(limited)

Mi-24

Is this chinese Su-27 going to be a full module ? If yes, than we can add it to the RED side as well(exclusive)

Maybe a limited Viggen on the BLUE side as well, and if we count the 2 types of MiG-29s and the chinese jet, RED actually has more jets.

All the limited jets are jets which are operated in real life by both "sides"(except the Viggen), but obviously the constructor side would have more of them. If they are too old or limited (F-5 for RED and MiG-21 for BLUE, they can be kept to their representative sides only)

Both sides have the needed platforms. Some excel at one thing other at another. The only little exception is the Viggen, but as a retired jet anything can happen with it.

Yeah, airfields/farps can sometimes be too close, but it is a tactical game. That is a whole different topic.

Not to mention, that carrier gameplay will have to be implemented at some point

Oh, by the way, don't know about the other farps, but on Tkvarcheli helies don't spawn on the farp its self and you have to start-up move to the farp, shut down, rearm as you wish and then continue with your task. Is that intentional ?

And about IFF, I had this great (in my opinion idea about it) https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185584 . Maybe it is doable with mods who knows.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

New beta update:

DCS 1.5.8.12823 Update 1

Today for Open Beta only.

Will be in the public version at next week.

DCS World

MP. Fixed noticeable stuttering.

MP server. Interactive windows can be disabled when crash appears.

Do these fixes help with Blue Flag? If so will the server switch to the beta branch?

Edit: Sorry T_A, haven't seen you've already posted this :noexpression:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Server running Latest Open Beta - Please update!

Server is on the Latest Open Beta patch as this has this fix added - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3333229&postcount=26 as well as the stutter fix.

This means autorestart script can work fine as there is no blocking DCS window (different to windows prompt so can't be detected).

Massive thanks to ED for fixing it so quickly!

D2M broken for mirage2000?

D2M has been removed - and was for a while when the server was previously up. Search this thread for the previous debate on the subject :)

It's not coming back for now, sorry :)

Server is down again btw.

Looks up and people are on so just try forcing DCS update?

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Looks up and people are on so just try forcing DCS update?

There was no info that Blue Flag will switch to the beta update at that point, so I was indeed still on the old version. :)

Now after I know that Blue Flag is running on the beta patch I updated and it's there, but the web gadget seems stuck.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The statistics badly works, something considers that - that doesn't consider, my departures and brought down aren't considered.

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

No more "dot label" mod?

Will be fixed, asap.

Hi Ciribob, Xcom,

Are you guys going to allow Harriers to Rearm and Refuel at FARPS?

Thanks

JD

AKA_MattE

Yes, it will take some time though as it requires a rework of all the FARPs.

We will get around to it once we get some good results in 1.5, we are still looking to breach the 30 players and check stability.

Yes, it will take some time though as it requires a rework of all the FARPs.

We will get around to it once we get some good results in 1.5, we are still looking to breach the 30 players and check stability.

isnt it the same as with Helos? at least when i tried it in SinglePlayer

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Any chance to get LotATC into Blueflag? :pilotfly:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Well, you can do decent enough ATC the way it is, but there are just some people who can't be bothered to call out their take-off and landings actions, no need to mention actually follow instructions by ATC

*cough* DIAMOND flight *cough*

So yeah, no need to worry about LotATC as well

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Any chance to get LotATC into Blueflag? :pilotfly:

Last I recall we attempted to run it, but it was not too stable.

I think even now there are some issues with running it on the latest 1.5.8.

Probably if we get there, it will be only after we verify everything is running with no issues.

I am intrigued, what is this mod, and how does it work. Sounds like something I should have been using in the past.

The label mod is already started, make sure to enable your labels to see it working.

Basically it adds a grayish dot label where an aircraft is, it allows for a little better visibility of distant airplanes and helicopters.