Removing stick from cockpit

aracas11

Is it possible to not have the stick rendered in the cockpit view

allowing a clear view of the instruments behind.

The controller display shows your control inputs and my real world stick

reflects the position of the cockpit stick.

I have but do not like TrackIR 5. I had a little brain injury event a few years ago and using it, TIR5 throws me. Really throws me in 3D.

VRS F/A-18 has a feature to get clear visual access to the lower, center, front console by having a click-able, removable flight stick. It is a nice feature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah sounds like a good compromise. I have not managed more than 20 minutes so far in the sabre so unsure what the dials even look like:)

Glad you can still play dcs even without track IR:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have setup various custom snap views in the P51 but i kind of think

the stick is like the pilot body it doesn`t really serve a purpose , if you need

to reference your control inputs you can look at the controller display.

It`s rather like a full replica home cockpit just using the view with the hud

and no other instrument displays ect you don`t need to see them as you are

already displaying them in your real world pit and don`t need them replicated

on screen, same with the stick i have one in real life so don`t need to see one

on the screen especially if they obscure the VVI and TURN SLIP indicator .:joystick:

Yeah, this is a good idea for general implementation. A2A has click spots in most of their aircraft which hide the yokes, and the throttle-hiding mod for DCS A-10C was a favourite of mine. Even with TrackIR, I find the controls a nuisance. In real life, I never find them an issue in the same aircraft, so enabling us to get rid of them is just a step towards a more realistic experience evading the limitations imposed on us by our hardware.

Cheers,

/Fred

Looks like this was done via a mod for the A10c some time ago but it no

longer works due to a change in cockpit format , and like you say it would

be nice to have it as an option in the game , i wonder what Belsimtek think ?.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah - the Stick Blocks the view of the VVI (VVI extremely useful in approach & landing phase of Flight).

I can raise my Seat Height (RShift+RControl+NumPad8) and then rotate View downward to see the VVI in the Zero to 2,000 ft/min descent rate Range.

But that's extra work that could be made easier by a "Hide Stick" Function.

Yeah - the Stick Blocks the view of the VVI (VVI extremely useful in approach & landing phase of Flight).

I can raise my Seat Height (RShift+RControl+NumPad8) and then rotate View downward to see the VVI in the Zero to 2,000 ft/min descent rate Range.

But that's extra work that could be made easier by a "Hide Stick" Function.

Agree. If there is a hidden stick shortcut key, it would be better (it would benefit the flying of ka50 , as well as the coming mig-21bis)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

+1

have a way to remove the stick if necessary.

BTW, why are new modules not being developed with the pilot body like in the mustang and ka-50?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 1 year later...
Just discovered this old thread whilst browsing through old posts etc.

The "Hide the Stick" toggle does work on the F-86F on the most recent update which I have done today, 1.5.3 52478

oh, ya? cool. I'll have to try it. I find the stick gets in my way when I'm landing and trying to read the vertical speed indicator.

I couldn't find this control anywhere.:huh:

Haven't used it, but sounds plausible:

options -> gameplay -> hide control stick

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Haven't used it, but sounds plausible:

options -> gameplay -> hide control stick

Thanks for the tip ! I tried it and it does work in 1.53 , for the Sabre anyway.

This will be useful for me.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]