Community Development Team Announcement

It has been just over a week when I posted on the forums here asking if anyone would be interested in forming a Dev Team to build and release aircraft for DCSW.

I was sure that there would be a lot of interest and little action. The Good news is that I was wrong!

Team VRC

We are now 10 members strong and many others inquiring about us. We have filled the major roles with very capable and very talented folks. We have our own shared development environment and are in constant communication.

The name chosen for our team is Virtual Reality Combat (VRC).

VRC Vision

To design and build high quality products for the DCS World. Also to support community members through mentoring, development guidance, and educating new developers on DCS Mod development.

VRC Mission

Provide high quality aircraft and ground vehicles to the DCS Community that fulfills the following guidelines.

• Highly detailed models and cockpits

• Advance Flight Modeling

• Multi-National liveries true to historical records

• Real World systems operation reflecting the original vehicle

• Ordnance load outs are representative of each Nations unique mission requirements

• 6DOF cockpit “fully clickable at final release”

• High fidelity sounds and effects

VRC Planned Releases

We have designed two parallel tracks for our releases.

1. Fixed Wing Track

2. Helicopter Track

Fixed Wing Track

Our project lead Modeler is busy migrating a model that we acquired and is in the process of finalizing the animations, Texture correction, and lighting attachments. He has provided no less than 15 screens of your bird in game and she is under AI control. He has to fix a lot of anomalies and tweak it to his standards which are very high. You will not be disappointed in this level of detail.

-- I choose to not disclose any specifics on our air frame choice to prevent someone else trumping us when we apply for our license. --

Helicopter Track

Your new helicopter is being created from scratch by our second lead Modeler and is in the process of scrutinizing 3view drawings. This bird will fit in with existing choppers in DCS and will be fun to fly.

It is a single seat air frame that does have a copilot seat but very rarely utilized. So we are making it single only to speed up development time. Later on we plan to update her to take advantage of the second seat as a gunner role. It is a muli-mission bird but does not have the legs or payload to fight very long.

-- Once again I choose to keep our efforts nonpublic at this time for the same reasons. --

Summary

Both of these projects are for the DCS Community and we hope to prove that development is not just for the big boys.

The only tentative date that I can give you all is Mid December time frame. We plan to have our proof of concept flights done in support of obtaining our license and getting our forum topic in the Developer area of the ED Forums.

Stay Tuned.

Gecko6, this sounds amazing! I wish I could help but the only thing I could provide would be anything with audio, I can do audio for the training missions (with voice actors speaking like on a-10c training).

I have 2 questions, will this be a free module or paid? either way is fine but i do like the idea of paid because makes me confident the development will always continue.

also, you said:

The only tentative date that I can give you all is Mid December time frame. We plan to have our proof of concept flights done in support of obtaining our license and getting our forum topic in the Developer area of the ED Forums.

What is that date for? public beta or your own subsection on the forums and like a video and more info?

Thanks!

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Will this be a free module or paid?

The first modules will be free and under constant development until we get it right. Lessons learned.

However we do have the option to go paid modules but we feel the team needs to get internal process and procedures down before we can develop to the quality you expect in a paid module.

What is that date for? public beta or your own subsection on the forums and like a video and more info?

This date is for our team to bring everything together so we can show ED that we have the skill and business case to bring us on as developers. Once we have a signed development contract our first bird should be ready for beta.

Cockpit will continue to be updated and clickable as the beta proceeds. Till we get to that it is all speculation.

I hope this answers your questions neroroxxx.

It is a single seat air frame that does have a copilot seat but very rarely utilized. So we are making it single only to speed up development time. Later on we plan to update her to take advantage of the second seat as a gunner role. It is a muli-mission bird but does not have the legs or payload to fight very long.

Lol, I think you just gave it away. ;) Nice though!

I hope you guys will entertain the thought of developing player controlled infantry for the field, as everyone else seems to be interested only in aircraft. I was just flying over a city in A-10c today, looking down at the beautiful view and thinking what a shame there was no FPS down there. Would be some awesome missions with realistic vehicle and air support.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Great news guys! Wish you all the best. Every plane or helicopter coming to DCS World is making this awesome Sim more versatile and fun.

The idea of the first free models is a nice gift for the community, but if you think of bolstering your pockets with some money for the real things, I won't mind. A $20 price tag to a DCS advanced FM title should be reasonable and help you with your expenses.

I know we will have lots of people start complaining in a minute, but I think good work is worth good money. If you keep up with your own expectations, it will be more than worth it. :thumbup:

Cheers!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Wish you guys all the Best and look forward to your work..:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Good luck guys, hope the project works out. Great idea and really looking forward to seeing your ideas

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Let me talk to the team and I will see who wants to be introduced and who wants to stay in the shadows.

We will be asking for skilled folks to step up from time to time and join us as we blaze down the trail.

As you already know cjsoques is an active member of our team from his post this morning.

I will have a team roster by the end of the day for you all.