Crimea map in DCS

BTTW-DratsaB

Crimea map in DCS  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Crimea map in DCS

• Never
    • ASAP

I wanted to write a theme with the same plea, but I can see that already exists, so I will just repeat the question:

Is there a possibility to return to the Crimean Peninsula in DCSW? Or at least when making mission a choice what terrain we can use? Something like that would certainly have to be made when Nevada comes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afaik the (one?) reason why the Crimean Peninsula didn't make it into DCS:W was a limitation of the graphics engine. It couldn't handle that much objects that were necessary for Crimeran AND Georgia.

So this limitation might very well be gone with EDGE and thus it could be possible, technically, to re-integrate C.P. into our map again.

(no evidence what so ever)

I think eventually we&ED will wave goodbye to the current map.

To add to the current map you would have to use the same lower resolution topography for it to be one big map.

(still no evidence to back this up)

Please no more Crimea. It's been done.

I think thus may be a Rather myopic statement. To the contrary, I would argue the Crimea is wholly un-explored to a very large portion of the current base. Many of those I have spoken to have never played the original title ... Let alone remember the current map without Tblisi.

There are plenty lockon naive customers whom would really enjoy campaign and mission expansion to the Black Sea coastlines and Crimea .

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Please no more Crimea. It's been done.

Take a day off Aaron will you?

Gets really boring after a while seeing you post these one liners on nearly every new thread trying to tell people what to do.

Believe it or not... we have forum moderators to look after the forum... and your not one of them!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I don't want to see it personally.

I think it's the same type of Political Conflict that Chechnya was.

Besides, war isn't fun when you know it's on the border.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

Sure, if it's relatively simple to do. I assume it is, since that portion of the map was already created for LOMAC. Of course, that's just an assumption. Otherwise, leave it until the projects already underway are done.

Exactly the way I think. I hope it wouldnt take too much work, since there is only the conversion of already existing LOMAC scenery to be done, the same process that brought us our georgian theatre. Maybe some Ubisoft regulations stand against this, but after the now "liberated" FC3 content, the same liberation may apply to the original Crimean scenery. If so, I would love to have the Crimea back.

To be honest, I would welcome the Crimea back into the present map quite more than a soon EDGE-Vegas...

I'm sure it will come once EDGE is incorporated in the old map. What better time then when they're working on changing it and increasing its potential!

The old map is not going to be redone (incorporated) with EDGE. It has been stated that it may be able to take advantage of some of the features of EDGE but that is it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I voted yes. The more maps the better, and old stomping grounds are always fun to have with newer toys.

Semper Fidelis -- U.S. Marine Corps Motto "Always Faithful"

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” - Sun Tzu

I'd much rather see them re-do other, newer maps with the new tech than simply bring out the old ones though. That being said, if it is just a matter of a simple copy & paste, I wouldn't be opposed to having more room to play.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I do believe that they are considering revamping the map and including Crimea again. If they are really going to release the F-18C with carrier ops ( would be a bit silly if they don't ) it would be difficult to make a carrier reach Las Vegas, so EDGE needs a map with a coastline built with today's standards. Crimea would be easier to do for them I believe. I really don't want it though... after more than a decade I've really had enough of the Black Sea coastlines. :(

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

I do believe that they are considering revamping the map and including Crimea again. If they are really going to release the F-18C with carrier ops ( would be a bit silly if they don't ) it would be difficult to make a carrier reach Las Vegas, so EDGE needs a map with a coastline built with today's standards. Crimea would be easier to do for them I believe. I really don't want it though... after more than a decade I've really had enough of the Black Sea coastlines. :(

We could have a landbased carrier with LSO :smartass:

Wouldn't it be great to have that whole black sea area that is now empty without objects in DCS including crimea and that aprt of Turkey. That would be a surprise and would make for a good play ground with plenty new ground to fly on. So everybody is happy :)

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Wouldn't it be great to have that whole black sea area that is now empty without objects in DCS including crimea and that aprt of Turkey. That would be a surprise and would make for a good play ground with plenty new ground to fly on. So everybody is happy :)

Yes that is my thought. The fighters we have can reach anywhere on the map as is, so making it bigger would certainly benefit them, and if this was done, it wouldn't at all have to be "old territory".

Turkey and the Western portion of the map together would make something completely new. Maybe in the long term we could push farther north into Russia or go south east to the Middle East.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Bit of a pointless vote if you ask me because they will only do what they want to do. Lots of people have requested maps like Vietnam..ect but they never get answered. Lots of people talk about Nevada and there isn't even that much info on that, so I wouldn't hold my breath about Crimea.

Voted yes ..... anything for a new area to play in ..... Im a little tired with the currat map ..... but Im not complaining about it either .

But I think if they do the Crimea now they will have to include at least the Ukraine in full .

Edited by badger66

Crimea is still there and always has been. Just needs to be repopulated.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'