F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

USARStarkey

F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll  

1880 members have voted

1. 1. F-4 Phantom Who Wants it Poll

• YES. THE MIG-21 NEEDS ITS RIVAL
    • YES. Because I just want the Phantom
    • No, I don't like cool planes
    • No, I love the myriad of lame trainers and far flung planes with no historical opposition.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a poll is going to distract Devs? You(anti-poll-posters) are also talking about a poll that was setup LAST YEAR April. None of what you are saying about the F14, F4U or Viggen existed as far as we knew and it was a good time to ask; hey, whats next? we'd love to see some parity in DCS and you did an amazing job with the mig.

more like, "lets distract the DEVs from finishing current work with a poll for aircraft that possibly impossible to develop"

I wouldn't go that far.

With F-14, AJS-37, and F4U-1 in their advanced states and with other aircraft they've developed, LNS isn't getting distracted by these polls.

Their plate is full and if someone doesn't like what's on offer? That's unfortunate.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Apart from the E/J/G variants i mentioned in this thread.I would like to see the RF-4 Phantoms too.I think it would be fun to dodge SAMs while taking pictures of potential targets.I would love ED to create different kinds of roles for aircraft like Reconnaissance and Electronic-Warfare planes among others.

Just saw this on the video/photo thread

What you can do with a Phantom, see 30:24 ff

The Phantom can also fly sideways :=)

This seems interesting, section 4

<https://books.google.com/books?id=oeJuJtjK4k0C&lpg=SA4-PA12&ots=N_cjpgpjHQ&dq=F-4%20centerline%20tank%20effects%20on%20high%20angle%20of%20attack&pg=SA4-PA8#v=onepage&q=F-4%20centerline%20tank%20effects%20on%20high%20angle%20of%20attack&f=false

and for the AIM-9 sound

[ame]

[/ame]

I know I posted this before, but it is still funny.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I can't breathe! I always got a kick out of that interview! What an awesome mod!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I'd LOVE to get the F4 Phantom but honestly, I prefer flying alone ie a single seat fighter rather than a dual. I would've preferred we vote for an F105 Thunderchief or something - yeah I know its not exactly a fighter but it'll carry a mean bomb load (plus do SEAD work).

Just the logistics of trying to get someone to fly backseat...unless it can be done with an AI that will call out radar locks, etc...then I'll definitely be interested.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I'd LOVE to get the F4 Phantom but honestly, I prefer flying alone ie a single seat fighter rather than a dual. I would've preferred we vote for an F105 Thunderchief or something - yeah I know its not exactly a fighter but it'll carry a mean bomb load (plus do SEAD work).

Just the logistics of trying to get someone to fly backseat...unless it can be done with an AI that will call out radar locks, etc...then I'll definitely be interested.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a F-4E with modified wing. Or a F-111E/F, but I doubt that such complicated aircraft, that needed two people to employ all system, will ever work. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think any combat multi crew aircraft (i.e. F-4, F-14. F-15E, F-111, A-6, etc.) will leave people feeling like Star Wars episode 1 to 3, meaning you don't know any better and like them, lie and say you like them or honestly hate them. :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a F-4E with modified wing. Or a F-111E/F, but I doubt that such complicated aircraft, that needed two people to employ all system, will ever work. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think any combat multi crew aircraft (i.e. F-4, F-14. F-15E, F-111, A-6, etc.) will leave people feeling like Star Wars episode 1 to 3, meaning you don't know any better and like them, lie and say you like them or honestly hate them. :D

Depends on what kind of friends you've got. I've got two guys in my clan with no interest in flying planes, but they said they'd love to fly as a backseater.

Not about the your squad mates, not about people you know, the question will it work? Several other games tried this and between lag and other problems it never works (From my experience) I posted this on the F-15 thread;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2594550&postcount=77

we will see I guess.

To whom it may concern,

Not about the your squad mates, not about people you know, the question will it work? Several other games tried this and between lag and other problems it never works (From my experience) I posted this on the F-15 thread;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2594550&postcount=77

we will see I guess.

I can understand the concern, however I've had very different experiences in ArmA and PR than what it seems you had, so I don't view it with as much skepticism I suppose.

I hope ED will improve AI to where SP players like me can work in multicrew planes & helos and have a smarter AI that can interact with you like what LN is doing with the F-14 RIO.

Been in love with this bird for longer than I can remember. So yes I would be ecstatic if it would be a dcs module.

Patience is no problem here :)

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I'd like them, although if what I've been reading is correct in most of the combat accounts in vietnam that most firings of the AIM4 and some of the AIM9 were failures.

IIRC, Col Robin Olds, in the book "Fighter Pilot", talks about how useless the AIM-4 (Gar-1 to 4) was. Also, starting at 9:50

Steve Ritchie mentions that only 11 of every 100 AIM-7 worked.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

• 3 weeks later...
F4 is a good ideal , but I love Mig23 more XD

But Mig23 does not make a good Mig21 rival ;)

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

• 2 weeks later...
Mig-21 eats the F-4 PII alive. In fact, any aircraft can eat the F-4 alive.

Wanna cool aircraft? Like really cool? F-14 TOMCAT.

They should focus development on that! Anything else is secondary :pilotfly:

Dr. 1 vs. F-4E 2020 let's see how that turns out.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

While I do agree with wedge about focusing on the F-14, the F-4 is just as iconic, and for me, the earlier the plane the better, I much prefer being the under dog, so that when I win it feels like more of an accomplishment... I will never understand how people don't get bored of using aim-120s, not that the F-14 can use them.

earlier to a point... anything that can IFF is basically it... if there was an F-104 that'd be better...

I think the F-4 needs the mig-19 for a roughly equal competitor, or maybe an EE lightning.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-4, Tornado and F-14 being some of my favourite airplanes, I don't like two seaters in simulation. I see the dual crew stuff in DCS very situational, and handling everything just one person is unrealistic.

Still plenty of possibilites: F/A-18, Mirage III, MiG-23, (Super) Étendard, F-16, even realistic versions of F-15, Su-27 or MiG-29...

That being said, I know that many two seaters would be very successful sellers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]