Will the Sabre be a complicated Jet to learn?

Dudester22

I'm going to purchase this aircraft regardless, but does anyone have any idea if it's going to be easier to learn then the A10C? I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm still learning the A10C :joystick:

Well, let's put it like this: You reckon the Korean war era Sabre will have more or less avionics than the Iraq/Afghan war A-10C?

The systems are not complicated at all and the flight characteristics are comparably docile. However being combat effective without all the gimmicks that modern planes afford you is very much a different thing alltogether.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The F-86 has no such stall buzzer or light. Like in the P-51, the pilot must feel the subtle buffet.

Though the plane has a smaller static margin than the P-51, it has no prop wash with which to contend, so physically flying the plane should be easier at combat speeds with the exception of G overshoot which happens more easily in this aircraft.

From what I've read in PIREPs, the Sabre is a pilot's aircraft. However, this is coming from individuals with more jet time than I, so they're probably talking from that perspective.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

And a lot easier to take off than with the P-51, because of no engine torque.

I think you're getting it wrong... It does have engine torque, its a single engine aircraft... The only way of not having torque effect is by having 2 engines rotating on oposite directions...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know if it will have a clickable cockpit?

I own the P51 which has it and the Su-25 which has it not.

So how do they decide wheater it will come with clickpit or not`?

Is it even possible to make a modern jet fighter with clickpit or is this complexity too much even for a DCS module?

Yes

Is it even possible to make a modern jet fighter with clickpit or is this complexity too much even for a DCS module?

yes

The Mi8 has clickable pit and all the other DCS titles do including future 3rd party ones like the Hawk and Mig-21Bis.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

No more videos of the f-86?

For me, the best videos will be gameplay videos, supplied by customers. Watching like minded persons take personal responsiblility for endorsing a product, stating reasons why they like the product, and demonstrating, through a gameplay video, their enjoying themselves using the product, really helps me make decisions about what I might like to purchase or not.

No more videos of the f-86?

Could post a sh*tload of videos (popular ones) of F-86s inflight, yet feel a tad disinclined since I basically busted my Saturday evening by digging up old (and some new) F-86 ressources to one of your moderators and did not even receive an answer. :(

I find it remarkable that among all those fan replies no one noted the F-86 cockpit is actually quite a tad mis shaped on the front cockpit ratios.

Well, if that stays this way I happily stay with the arcade Korean era IL-2 Sabre and its (for its sim era) kickass cockpit.

Edited by Tom73

Korean era IL-2 Sabre and its (for its sim era) kickass cockpit.

my favourite IL-2 mod!

But no way am I flying this over DCS: Sabre :joystick:

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I own the P51 which has it and the Su-25 which has it not.

The Su25 isn't a a DCS module, it's a lower fidelity Lock On FC series module that ED have released to work in the DCS World game engine. The Lock On title is given to ED's less detailed aircraft, mostly they have less detailed somewhat simplified avionics. They did have more basic flight models but ED is gradually updating them. Lock On is an earlier multi aircraft sim that ED produced before they moved to full switch advanced flight model single aircraft releases like the A10C.

Confused, you will be :)