FW-190 Pre-purchase ???

badaboom

I backed for DCS:WW2, and one of the perks I chose (in addition to all the planes for DCS:WW2) was Dora for DCS:World.

I fully expect ED to send over the serial for the DCS:World version of Dora, just as promised in the Kickstarter campaign for people who selected this particular perk.

+1

They've got all our KS details so I would expect to receive a key that I can use to activate in DCS World on August 5th.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question. But is does this mean I already have the dcs Dora or is the DCS ww2 190 D a different one all together?

DCS: WWII Backer Rewards

Backer: Cowboy10uk

Reward Level: $40,00

Beta Access: Yes

Listed in Credits: No

Available Rewards: 0

Available Flyables: 6

Your Selected Flyables

Flyable Status

1. DCS WWII: P47D Accepted

2. DCS WWII: Spitfire Accepted

3. DCS WWII: BF 109K -4 Accepted

4. DCS WWII: ME292A-1. Accepted

5. DCS WWII: FW190D-9. Accepted

6. DCS WWII: P51D. Accepted

Selected Flyables: 6 / 6

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Wait, what? Do I understand that correctly what Chizh wrote?

I can buy the key now and fly on August 5th 2014, or I can wait for the Release of DCS:WW2 at some point in, like, August 2017 (yes, exaggerating, hoepfully a tad earlier than 2017). But hey, then it will be free (not completely free since I pledged for it, but as good as free IMO).

And if I buy it now I'll have two Dora keys in 2017 or whenever the release of DCS:WW2 will be.

Or what is meant with "later"?

Stupid question. But is does this mean I already have the dcs Dora or is the DCS ww2 190 D a different one all together?

Your Selected Flyables

Flyable Status

Cowboy10uk

Cowboy as far as I know you don't get the Dora in DCS world but will receive it in DCS WW2. Unless it states in kickstarter that you get a separate Dora key, iirc you only get it at DCS WW2 release

well, i did the same thing as cowboy10uk, and therefore have the same question.

but i have one request to all who reply here:

please do not argue about that topic, we all know what WAS planed when it was still a kickstarter project, what we do NOT know is, how ED will handle it, and that is the only question we ALL have, right?

best regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

For everyone that this may concern:

you only get the DCS:World version of Dora if in addition to the 6 flyable airplanes, you also have the DCS:World Dora selected in the REWARDS section.

Cowboy, for example, is not eligible for any rewards (what he posted says Available rewards: 0), so he will only get Dora for DCS:WW2, not Dora for DCS:World, since these are two different games alltogether.

I have TWO rewards available in the Rewards section, and one reward I selected as Alpha access, and the second one as DCS:World Dora.

So, everyone, check here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/backer/ (make sure you're logged in).

If your 'Available rewards' is more than 0, and if you have DCS:World Dora selected in the "Your Selected Rewards" section, then yes, you should get the Dora for DCS:World.

If not, then you'll wait for DCS:WW2.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

• ED Team
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2085212&postcount=1

Backers are going to have to wait for the package. If you can't then there's the pre-purchase for 39.99.

Please wait till ED updates us on the project, Wags said monthly updates so I assume we will get one shortly into July. The Dora isnt released till August, that give you time to adjust as things change.

Dont assume anything at this point from the Kickstarter.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This is what you need to see in the Backer section if you expect to get Dora in August:

dcsww2rewards.jpg

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Your Selected Flyables

Flyable Status

Cowboy10uk

Would that mean that you will get 6 DCS modules for 40 dollars!? These 6 flyables must be much different to the full blown DCS modules then...:huh::dunno: These Kickstarter thing must be the pain in the a** for ED now.:D

EDIT: DCS WWII: Fw190D-9 is a FC level aircraft? No clickable pit and so on?

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Would that mean that you will get 6 DCS modules for 40 dollars!? These 6 flyables must be much different to the full blown DCS modules then...:huh::dunno: These Kickstarter thing must be the pain in the a** for ED now.:D

Yes, it's an absolute bargain. 6 DCS-level airplanes for 40 bucks, plus a new terrain, new campaign... An absolute steal. Once ED delivers, I bet there will be people kicking themselves in the head for not backing :)

No, the planes aren't any different from DCS planes you know (like P51D), it's all this level of fidelity.

However, no, this doesn't mean you get DCS modules for use in DCS:World, not necessarily. DCS:WW2 is a separate game. I'm not sure how it'll work in the end.

And no, none of the planes are FC3 level of fidelity. All of them will be DCS level.

Edited by ishtmail

Yes, it's an absolute bargain. 6 DCS-level airplanes for 40 bucks, plus a new terrain, new campaign... An absolute steal. Once ED delivers, I bet there will be people kicking themselves in the head

Yeah, maybe also the ED guys.

I really hope this will not ruin ED's business plan. It's a huge deal IMO.

But I guess the impatient people (like me) will buy the Dora right now anyway, and not wait. That might help.

This is what you need to see in the Backer section if you expect to get Dora in August:

dcsww2rewards.jpg

Cheers Ist and everyone else who answered, that makes more sense. I had already purchased it, before my bro said, don't you already have that. Hence the confusion. :)

So no issues, at least now I have it for both. Luckily I hadn't used the 70% voucher they sent out in 2013. So managed to get her for $14.99 ahhhhh happy happy happy days. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yeah, maybe also the ED guys.

I really hope this will not ruin ED's business plan. It's a huge deal IMO.

But I guess the impatient people (like me) will buy the Dora right now anyway, and not wait. That might help.

I expect lots of people will buy the Dora... There were only 2500 backers of DCS:WW2, and most of those backed at the lowest tiers where they don't get the Dora for use in DCS:World.

So if I'm not sure I want to buy the 190D-9 for DCS World, how long do I wait for DCS: WWII? A year or more?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

would like to know now as well...also if alpha access still has any meaning.

and if we get the dcs world fw190 reward in august when selected...also the other planes, for example 109, will we have to wait for dcswwii to arrive and purchase a seperate key if we want it in october?if thats the case, that would be a disappointment, but i just hope for official word on this soon.

So basically if you pay only $40 like me and get the flyables. That is only for DCS WWII. DCS World is a separate sim. Thats a smart move ED. Good job! I am glad because that is the only way to get the financials to work out.

backer_zps3e511202.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

dcsww2rewards.jpg

I´m seeing something very different...

Sorry for being so frank, but what the heck is up with this botched matrix system that Ilya came up with? It would seem to me that I am at a disadvantage just because I backed the project at the very beginning, pre-matrix so to speak, since I am at the reward level of 97$ and I only get to choose one digital reward??? I know this is officially still a beta, but wasn´t this whole mess supposed to be unified in the end?

Could I please get an answer to that at some point, because unless some information is missing here, this is unacceptable.

Unbenannt.jpg~original

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

So basically if you pay only $40 like me and get the flyables. That is only for DCS WWII. DCS World is a separate sim. Thats a smart move ED. Good job! I am glad because that is the only way to get the financials to work out.

backer_zps3e511202.jpg

^^wait for official news!right now thats only assumptions or rumors

Yes, it's an absolute bargain. 6 DCS-level airplanes for 40 bucks, plus a new terrain, new campaign... An absolute steal. Once ED delivers, I bet there will be people kicking themselves in the head for not backing :)

That's assuming ED decides to continue with the KS rewards promised by RRG. They may turn around and say "Guys we can't do all six for $40 we'll go out of business, you get only one flyable for $40 along with the map". While as a backer I'm hoping ED is able to take on the KS reward obligations, to be honest I can't blame them for saying "Sorry that was someone else's promise not ours".

My pledge amount would have gotten me the DCS World Dora, but at the moment I'm not actually expecting to receive a free key for it unless Wags/ED says otherwise. Like Sith said, we just have to wait for the update and cross our fingers.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone