DCS Bf 109K-4

Hello,

For me I don't want installed the Open Beta 1.12 and I would like to know when the BF-109 will be available to download ?

When the 1.12 "Official" version will be available ?

Thanks for your explanations, Skull.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Sorry. I don't understand. Is the 109 available for the normal version of DCS yet?

I'm a backer and have keys but there seems to be no option to install or download it?

It should be out for the standard version soon, but for early access you need to have an open beta client installed.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Although this deals with a modern 30mm cannon in a modern aircraft, it gives good info on common ballistic problems when flying combat aircraft; albeit against static ground targets.

(This will also be added to the A-10 manuals thread.)

Incidentally, are there any reports on the MK 108's effectiveness against ground targets?

Hi Friedrich,

The Mk108 was a excellent air to air weapon. It was designed to be the cutting edge fighter aircraft armament for its time and it was the culmination of the cannon armament philosophy in Germany.

The ballistics for the Mk 108 is outlined in the Flugzeug Handbuch.

So we do not have to guess as what the design achieved. The weapon had what is termed a "Point Blank" zero. This fact overcomes the ballistics issues you are raising.

The Germans worked around it as in the end it does not matter how the bullets got on target as long as they do get to the target and destroy it. Remember, it is not about the best ballistics, it is about the best weapon. That means some balance and one of the most important characteristics for aircraft is weight. I am sure you know this.

From the nose of the aircraft to 400 meters, it was essentially point of aim point of impact.

I am sure Yo-Yo has access to the Schusswaffeanlage for the Bf-109K4. This same information will be included in it and will answer all these concerns.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

same issue here and from website it says

Sorry, but the product files are not available at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

The official release is out and downloadable through the module manager =)

No it isn't, you must have recent the open beta of DCS.

The Module manager only offers a beta version (presumably you have to have the recent open beta to get it, the DCS Downloads page still say it will be "available in December" and attempts to Download it tell you the files aren't available yet..... at the moment..... 18:00 UK time.......... and I think they've knocked off now....... maybe.......

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

No it isn't, you must have recent the open beta of DCS.

The Module manager only offers a beta version (presumably you have to have the recent open beta to get it, the DCS Downloads page still say it will be "available in December" and attempts to Download it tell you the files aren't available yet..... at the moment..... 18:00 UK time.......... and I think they've knocked off now....... maybe.......

Have to agree with you there mate..

I know its only a game but Im a bit pissed tbh, was looking forward all day to get home and see the beaut

Have to agree with you there mate..

I know its only a game but Im a bit pissed tbh, was looking forward all day to get home and see the beaut

I'm not worried about the delay, just don't want people going off on a rant around the forums because they think it's available and they can't get it. Won't be long now. Maybe there are some fixes after the open beta.

"2 weeks, be sure" ;)

oh... sorry, wrong forum...

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Yes - the post appears to be a little misleading (unintentionally so)

It is if you have the DCS open Beta running...

The ones having the issue are the ones afaik who only have the official release of DCS installed in which case the 109 is not available yet through the module man