WHY 59.99$?

peyvolt

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is these guys are just guys.

Not big company like EA or UBI , they are ppl like you in their chair or devloping in kitchen.

They dont have millions in banks,some of u are rich enough to buy some 3rd party devloppers Im sure.

I will support them cause i see they started one of my favorite fighter (the mirage f1) , but they didnt said it officially just video on their FB page.

Please make F1 a real thing!! :)

• Like 1

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I would gladly pay 60$ for a Mirage F1 or any other more complex, combat jet. But this price seems a bit too much for a trainer plane... Besides, in my humble opinion, if you already have the Hawk, there is no point in owning another trainer that does the exact sane thing.

Anyways, I wish you all the best, AvioDev. When you deliver a combat module, I'll be among the first to buy it. :-)

To me a price like that would have to include a HUD, and not just a gun pipper in it. But I like the digital part of instruments and Radios, and the fact you can adjust the light on those digits. But anyway, I ordered the CC type, EB looking good so far.:)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/c-101_aviojet/

Edit, Sorry i didn't search this first, looking great, not just good :)

274DAE4C8D294D3A5B8B264D3A5B7F.jpg

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I would gladly pay 60$ for a Mirage F1 or any other more complex, combat jet. But this price seems a bit too much for a trainer plane... Besides, in my humble opinion, if you already have the Hawk, there is no point in owning another trainer that does the exact sane thing.

Anyways, I wish you all the best, AvioDev. When you deliver a combat module, I'll be among the first to buy it. :-)

is not only a trainer, the next update is CC version that it is light attack version, that aircraft is not a trainer, and is a bargain getting two aricraft, trainer and light attack with that price withafm free, now is -30% less and you can get with 41.99$ EB version, CC version and AFM free, is expensive? I think is cheaper than a normal aircraft, 2X1 almost with AFM, this means that when you buy the aircraft the update you do´nt have to pay anything, the update of cc and AFM is included in the price

What a price! It must have been build of virtual gold!

I really thought of getting the C-101 as soon as AFM/EFM is available. As I saw the price...no sorry, way to expensive. You asking why? For me it's not like getting two jets, it's one and the same; simply one with and one without weapons. I don't need a trainer version. If I want to fly without weapons I don't arm them. And it's not like that you get the anticipated DCS standard and something in addition to that. The normal DCS standard is the C-101CC - a jet to fight. All they did is leaving some graphics and code away and there you go - the C-101EB.

Unfortunately there are no "killer" features to justify the price too. I read in so many threads that multi-seats will come in DCS 2. While this is something I really look forward to in multiplayer one might forget that we already have this feature. Changing seats in Huey and Mi8. Why not making this available? This would have been something to be the first. Why no AI on the back seat working as a spotter?

At this point of time there to little reasons to get this jet for this price. You can only do this price when you really have something to offer. And I am sad to say that the C-101 lacks this for me.

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

they are NOT "one and the same"

if they were the same, they would have both just been released

but.. only one was ---- why? because the other one needed more work - there's MORE TO the CC version - thus, they're not "the same"

you're getting MORE than a single jet - you're getting the same basic airframe (granted) but one has combat avionics

no other module in DCS is that way

if you want it, you'll save up for it - or wait for it to go on sale

or both

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they are NOT "one and the same"

if they were the same, they would have both just been released

but.. only one was ---- why? because the other one needed more work - there's MORE TO the CC version - thus, they're not "the same"

you're getting MORE than a single jet - you're getting the same basic airframe (granted) but one has combat avionics

no other module in DCS is that way

if you want it, you'll save up for it - or wait for it to go on sale

or both

Maybe you didn't get my point. The standard product should be C-101CC with combat avionics. Starting from there you just have to leave some things out and you get the C-101EB.

Why is the standard the C-101CC? Because just pure trainer wouldn't be saleable. So what they really need is the CC version. And now they are up to the point where enought work has been done to release the trainer. Seriously:Who would buy a Su-27 trainer version without any additional features like I suggested?

59.99$ to get TWO aircraft is actually a really good deal, I don't understand the fuss personally.

If I get you right: You would have been paid $60 to get the TF-51D (trainer version of mustang) and the P-51D (fighter version of mustang)???

Deviations between C-101CC and C-101EB are weapons, minor differents in the cockpit and external color. That's not much for $10.

is not only a trainer, the next update is CC version that it is light attack version, that aircraft is not a trainer, and is a bargain getting two aricraft, trainer and light attack with that price withafm free, now is -30% less and you can get with 41.99$ EB version, CC version and AFM free, is expensive? I think is cheaper than a normal aircraft, 2X1 almost with AFM, this means that when you buy the aircraft the update you do´nt have to pay anything, the update of cc and AFM is included in the price

For me, personally, it is expensive because I don't find an unarmed plane and a light attacker interesting. There is some choice in modules in DCS and I can buy a cheaper, more complex module (like Mig-21 or A-10c) that will bring me more enjoyment and gameplay value.

I would MAYBE buy a trainer plane on a HUGE sale, but not for a regular price. It all comes down to personal preference.

A DCS player does not have to own every single module there is...

While my initial, knee-jerk kind of reaction when I saw the price was to think "lol yeah right", after thinking for a second I came to conlusion that pricing is pretty reasonable. And current 42$ for eventually being entitled to whole package is a damn good deal. Though I personally will have wait until my bank account looks better :).

This is first of something I always wanted to see in DCS : packs that include multiple variants of an airframe.

Saying "meh... trainer" is rather easy, but as someone who has some understanding of graphic / art asset work, and a software developer, I know it first hand how difficult can these stuff be when you are striving for best quality. Add in all the aerodynamics modeling and tuning, development of even the simplest thing for DCS to the standarts come with the brand should be a strenuous effort to say the least. In this case, such an effort on two platforms is offered at a good deal.

Of course, anyone can disagree and may choose not to support AvioDev's effort. But adding remarks that price isn't worth the effort is, in my opinion, rather unfair both to project, and to gents that worked on it.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I really thought of getting the C-101 as soon as AFM/EFM is available. As I saw the price...no sorry, way to expensive.

You can buy it now for 42$ and get the updates to the AFM/EFM for free later.

If you don´t want to buy it now because you want to support the devs with buying it for the full price I don´t get it why you´re arguing that it is way too expensive for 60$ as you get 2 aircrafts for it and I also think there are enough differences that justify 10$ more.

If I get you right: You would have been paid $60 to get the TF-51D (trainer version of mustang) and the P-51D (fighter version of mustang)???

Deviations between C-101CC and C-101EB are weapons, minor differents in the cockpit and external color. That's not much for $10.

There will be many new systems included. Even some of the existing instruments receive an upgrade (e.g. TARSYN replaced by a more modern system, which requires brand new code). Compare the CC cockpit with the EB cockpit and you can see some of these additions and replacements. The flight model is also different.

It is not fair to compare it to TF-51 / P-51D

'Frett'

You can buy it now for 42$ and get the updates to the AFM/EFM for free later.

If you don´t want to buy it now because you want to support the devs with buying it for the full price I don´t get it why you´re arguing that it is way too expensive for 60$ as you get 2 aircrafts for it and I also think there are enough differences that justify 10$ more.

It's not about supporting. I don't buy product to support anyone. For mercy because they are so small and cute and need my help? I have to get convinced simply because (and don't know for you) I don't find my money on the street, noone is giving it to me just because I am what I am. I have to work for my money. So support and mercy is nothing that makes me spending money for products (charitable things excluded).

Just try thinking the other way. Are you being supported by e.g. AvioDev because you are maybe not able to pay the full price? Maybe because you are unemployed and having seven kids to feed and a huge loan for your house?

The discount is fine. On the other hand at a initial price for $50 the special price would be less. And most important - as my signature shows - no EFM/AFM, no money.

• Like 1

It's not about supporting. I don't buy product to support anyone. For mercy because they are so small and cute and need my help? I have to get convinced simply because (and don't know for you) I don't find my money on the street, noone is giving it to me just because I am what I am. I have to work for my money. So support and mercy is nothing that makes me spending money for products (charitable things excluded).

Just try thinking the other way. Are you being supported by e.g. AvioDev because you are maybe not able to pay the full price? Maybe because you are unemployed and having seven kids to feed and a huge loan for your house?

The discount is fine. On the other hand at a initial price for $50 the special price would be less. And most important - as my signature shows - no EFM/AFM, no money.

By supporting I don´t necessarily mean that you only buy a module for the sake of supporting the devs and then never play it.

But I know of people who buy only at full price cause they want to support the devs and therefore their hobby which is a niche genre.

You on the other hand are complaining about the 60$ which will be charged at a later stage whereas it is available for 42$ now - and in addition to that you are complaining about that the discount isn´t enough because the initial price is set at 60$?

I don´t find money on the street either but I know how much work goes into such things and I also know that 42$ for 2 different aircrafts isn´t too much to ask for - even 60$ aren´t really expensive for 2 aircrafts.

Yeah, right - your signature shows no EFM/AFM no money - but it seems that you forget, that you are already buying EFM/AFM with the release of the SFM.

You´d just have to wait for the free update.

• Like 1

By supporting I don´t necessarily mean that you only buy a module for the sake of supporting the devs and then never play it.

But I know of people who buy only at full price cause they want to support the devs and therefore their hobby which is a niche genre.

You on the other hand are complaining about the 60$ which will be charged at a later stage whereas it is available for 42$ now - and in addition to that you are complaining about that the discount isn´t enough because the initial price is set at 60$?

I don´t find money on the street either but I know how much work goes into such things and I also know that 42$ for 2 different aircrafts isn´t too much to ask for - even 60$ aren´t really expensive for 2 aircrafts.

Yeah, right - your signature shows no EFM/AFM no money - but it seems that you forget, that you are already buying EFM/AFM with the release of the SFM.

You´d just have to wait for the free update.

I know EFM/AFM are scheduled to be released in spring 2015. Which is meteorological 1 June or on a calender basis 21 June. I am getting cautious supporting promising software product in Beta status. Had one backlash via Steam and please keep in mind that NTTR map has been promised A10C beta buyers many years ago.

And, even it's for you two totally different jets, this is not true for me. I don't see the difference that much, and thats the only reason why i complain about the price. I am not complaining paying $50 for one jet. That's fine for me. It's simply that AvioDev wasn't able to show me the benefit having those two jets. I simply think, that whenever I want to do aerobatics I simply do not arm the CC version. Yes I know, there very slight differents in engine, fuel capacity and max altitude. It's not enought for me to justify the extra $10. For me it feels like 3/4 of their work is done and they are releasing it as a trainer.

Edited by KEULE

For what my opinion is worth, we basically get 2(!) different planes, with 2(!) different AFMs (engine is different etc.)

And 2(!) different avionic suites?

So one plane, civilian trainer including AFM - C-101EB ($30 quite reasonable) and a separate armed ground attack plane C-101CC (typical reasonable price $40)... $30+$40=$70 !?

So $60 sounds reasonable and current presale at $42 sounds like a bargain!

Uebelsoft or Electronic A..holes would sell two modules at $50 each, for sure...

Edited by shagrat
Correcrted price, thanks Tango...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Oops! Right didn't really look at the price, just noticed two planes for the price of one...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

For the 40 dollars right now it's a great deal! but i think that the normal price (60$) is too much personally.

In my opinion it's too simple of an aircraft to be placed that high. And even argument that it's two aircraft doesn't really make so much sense to me. yes, its two aircraft versions..... but the airframe is basically the same. maybe there are some differences in engine and systems, but most of it is still the same.... i think that the second aircraft would add up to the overall complexity of it, and i would happily pay 50$ for it like the others. but 60 for something that is not nearly as complex as the A-10C and the MiG-21Bis ill have to say it would be a no, and i would save my money to spend on the L-39 from ed that is going to have AFM from the start.

From a developer/producer point of view two engines means two flight models, two avionics modelling suites as in two separate modules... the P-51D, FW-190 and Bf-109 have similar complexity and they cost as much. Now if somebody would make the FW-190 A or a Bf-109 E or G with different engines, cockpit instruments and flight model nobody would argue "it is the same, so I won't pay the full price".

You get two planes for roundabout $30 full price and for $20 each in beta presale... or later in a sale.

May be they could offer separate EB and CC versions for $35 (civilian EB) and $45 (CC military) like other publishers would do, to make the current price a real bargain?

Shagrat

I think price is fine. If you are poor you will find everything is expensive... but expensive or not is relative. I determine if something is "worth" or not by amount of money to spend vs time of fun/use I will get. If you get hours, weeks, months or years on somehting that costs as 2 movie tickets... that is not expensive in my eyes.

But anyway, each to his own... I like to support developers that produce quality aircraft (when I am able to) so I have no issues to buy it (and I just did). Once they complete C-101's they will work on something else, probably better and more popular (you need to start with simpler initially anyway, and learn along the way) but hey, if they can't make their hard work worth while, they are not likely to keep working (on other aircraft) so really... only way for any developer to keep doing what they are doing, is to earn a living and be able to support their work.

Just buy it if you like it and can afford it (but hey you don't need me to tell you this, you know this already :))

No longer active in DCS...