WHY 59.99$?

peyvolt

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with the price as well.

And those who say it is too expensive: Buy it now (much cheaper than standard price) or wait for a sale. Or don't buy it at all if you think it isn't worth the money.

Either way the AvioDev guys will see how much they sell and will choose their strategy. They have the numbers, they do the math. :)

If you compare this product to some FSX stuff I would actually say it is pretty cheap.

It seems a fair price for me. You moved things faster than many others, results being tangible.

Not a SFM fan, but because the price includes the future updates I am right now one of your customers even if I will fly it when AFM will be available ;)

There will be never something so that all people be happy about, but you guys showed us you are on the right way.

Sincere congrats !

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Bought and downloaded!

Thanks AvioDev for the great job and keep up the good work with the AFMs. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Fire

PS: And thanks, that this module isn't delayed so long/ often, like others. Only 5 days ... ;) fantastic!

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it also means we get another viable production team developing more airframes into the future, I don't for a second think the price is pitched badly at all.

Having flown it for the first time tonight, it looks like very good value for money to me.

What's your next project Aviodev? I'm already certain to buy that too.

You can debate the price all you want, everyone has a different relation to money, everyone has different incomes & everyone values its time in DCS differently. To some it's worth hundreds while others wouldn't spend 10 dollars on it.

What's important is that AVIO can get a decent return on investment while hitting the sweet spot in terms of pricing so that the most possible people can afford to buy their module, that is fair.

If you want to throw hundreds at AVIO's product because that's truely how much it is worth to you, to a point where you apparently feel the need to write and communicate on it, then do a donation or better yet, gift it to friends that wouldn't buy or can't afford it! But let the other people enjoy a normally priced module. ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it also means we get another viable production team developing more airframes into the future, I don't for a second think the price is pitched badly at all.

Having flown it for the first time tonight, it looks like very good value for money to me.

What's your next project Aviodev? I'm already certain to buy that too.

We have to finish CC version as soon as posible, before march, and AFM is making paralell with cc and eb updates, the next module is going to be show soon

Upgrade mirage f1 video on facebook so I see the mirage please!! :)

Bored with F-15.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The price is not matter to me.

What matter to me is what is the next module.

As I said I will support aviodev,if you ask 60$ i pay 60$.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Quality products cost money !! Look at the shite products developers sold in FSX for the same cost and you bought nothing to do with quality !! I advocated ED doing this type of business model way back in the early 2000s, looks like they actually listened to me !

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy

The price is not matter to me.

What matter to me is what is the next module.

As I said I will support aviodev,if you ask 60$ i pay 60$.

Yes that is the way forward for quality flight simulation products and DCS World as the world leader platform to sell such products is the way forward. ED would never release any crap under their licence agreements but look at the load of shit released under FSX agreements !!

Mizzy

well,10 years ago every game is 39.99, 5 years ago is 49.99, nowadays they are over 70 dollar now(even 99.99 for each copy, you can find it with the game of Ubitxh, EAitch or other DLC company). 59.99 with 2 different aircraft is not bad for dcs.

I'd rather just buy the combat version alone for a cheaper price since i will never fly the non combat version anyway. But it's fine , i'll just wait for a sale (on steam), i dont believe trainers should cost as much as extremely complex aircraft like the A10 and the upcoming F18.

Not that i'm complaining, it's a free market and people can charge what they want. I'll provide feedback with my wallet.

Oh , and dont bother replying with "nobody knows how much the F18 will cost" use common sense.

they should have offered both models for $40 each

or $60 if you buy them both as a package

that way ppl who can only "afford" a single version can get the one they want

and for the ppl who've got the coin can get both at once

--

ps.. if you WANT something, and its more than you can afford --- SAVE UP! that's what i do!

here's another tip.. live BELOW your means! then save up for a couple months, and voila! you can get the things you want!

• Like 1

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Console games easily go for $60.

I said years ago when flight sims typically sold for $30 to $50, I would gladly pay $100 for a sim that catered to my needs.

So, $60 may be higher than other DCS modules, but really isn't a bad price at all for what you get if it the modeling is as good as it should be.

However, at that price point, you are only going to get three types of buyers:

1) People who really love this aircraft.

2) Hard core DCS fans that will buy every module as soon as it is released.

3) People who want to support third parties for DCS in the hopes getting more aircraft later, especially if they have already announced future projects people really want.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they should have offered both models for $40 each

or $60 if you buy them both as a package

that way ppl who can only "afford" a single version can get the one they want

and for the ppl who've got the coin can get both at once

--

ps.. if you WANT something, and its more than you can afford --- SAVE UP! that's what i do!

here's another tip.. live BELOW your means! then save up for a couple months, and voila! you can get the things you want!

if so, no one would buy eb, but all for cc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Why is FIFA 15 69.99 when it is the same game as FIFA 14? Its a new version with a new number. If they can charge full price, why not someone who spent many hours working, building a brand new aircraft from scratch with ASM and AFM (to come).

People complain why there aren't enough flight sims....then they complain when they are priced similar to normal games. Practically, you can't win until they are free and even then, they will complain that there are bugs and it shouldn't have been released. :p

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I'd rather just buy the combat version alone for a cheaper price since i will never fly the non combat version anyway. But it's fine , i'll just wait for a sale (on steam), i dont believe trainers should cost as much as extremely complex aircraft like the A10 and the upcoming F18.

Not that i'm complaining, it's a free market and people can charge what they want. I'll provide feedback with my wallet.

Oh , and dont bother replying with "nobody knows how much the F18 will cost" use common sense.

I agree 100%, this certainly isn't on my priority list to own. Hence, the reason why I'll also wait for a sale.

Edited by SirEarl