PATCH 1.2.15 - SPAWN IN FUSELAGE & ACTIVATION - INFO

Cobra847

With DCS World 1.2.15, we upgraded the protection system for DCS: MiG-21bis. It is likely that you will have to perform an additional activation as the previous registry entry is not fully compatible with the new system. We are looking into batch resetting available activations to 10 for all keys.

Steps to take, first to last, if any issues arise:

1. Run a DCS repair. Start Menu -> Eagle Dynamics -> DCS World -> Repair DCS World

2. Use the following registry fix to clear your key from your registry. Re-activate your module upon relaunch. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/supportfiles/Mig-21_delete_activation_data.reg

3. Uninstall your module via the module manager and reinstall it.

4. Contact us directly for support.

If any solutions fail, please contact us directly via the contact form at http://www.leatherneck-sim.com -- and we will quickly get back to you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Leatherneck Simulations

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

After installing 1.2.15, I noticed mig 21 quick start missions disappeared and the usual mig 21 module logo got replaced by some green generic logo. So I uninstalled the module, reinstalled it and now it works fine. I didn't see it perform any new activation.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I updated, uninstalled MiG-21 module, repaired and installed again. I tried a quick mission and no additional activation was used.

Worked for me:thumbup:

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Just repair install DCS and you'll be fine. Worked for me.

+1

Repair after the update is all that's required. :joystick:

:thumbup:

Worked for me too. I mean... the icon got back from green to normal... I'll test it after I sort out a bug with Mig-15Bis :) .

edit

I got in the cockpit

ASP sight not working

No wheels spinning animation

Rear wheels half sink into the ground

Ground control obnoxious (I don't think the brake to turn works at all... seriously... first impression is... bad)

Landing... wheel brakes efficiency is close to none.

:(

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have an issue with the activation. I first reinstalled module and did dcs repair.

It will ask for activation and it will say activation succesful. But then after pressing OK, I get an

"Internal error (error code: 0xC0000005). Close all applications and try again.

If this does not help, click "Error report" and send the report to product customer support."

Error codes will vary.

Then it will ask to activate again and it keeps looping like that untill I press exit.

I changed my hardware configuration yesterday so I would have had to reactivate anyways, maybe that has something to do with it?

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Properties add

DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

I updated to 1.2.15. Mig-21 Module turned green. Didn't try to start anything just in the start screen.

Exited, Ran Repair, went back in and everything is good now.

Wish it had been that painless for me! I'm now down to only 2 activations when I've only done 3... Good thing LN will dish them out as we need them.

Now I'm really bummed as all my saved profiles for my different modules don't seem to be able to be imported... unless I misunderstand how it's supposed to work, I thought saving your profile would allow you to import if you need to reinstall. Seems none of my previously saved ones will import now. :( Back to square one with my controllers settings then...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Reinstalled, repair tool = finally worked again.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wasted an hour of my precious time on this now. None of the stuff I'm reading here on the forums is working. So much for "hassle free and transparent copy protection".

It's not the first time either. Last time was when I upgraded my CPU. One single component changed, and every single module stopped working and it took me several hours before they finally managed to reactivate (wasting a reactivation per module in the process).

Maybe it would be easier to become a pirate instead...

I agree, this update might have been a bit more difficult than it needed to be.

While we have solutions for the problems here on the forums, I am sure a lot of users (that don't visit the forum) struggle with the problems. Especially people which are not aware of the repair function and the like...

[...] (wasting a reactivation per module in the process).

That is why you should deactivate the modules before you do a hardware change. This prevents you loosing deactivations.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Okay I managed to get it running now. It was a big pain though. I was close to giving up. I think the problem had something do do with the activation process crashing, so I had to force it to shut down using ctrl+alt+delete, but when I tried to run it again it would not work because it said an activation process was already running.

That is why you should deactivate the modules before you do a hardware change. This prevents you loosing deactivations.
I know, but when you come home with your new CPU in hand, eager to fire it up, DCS and Starforcce is the last thing that crosses your mind. Once you mounted the CPU, it's too late to deactivate, and there's the problem. No way I was changing back to my old CPU just to deactivate, and then change CPU again and activate. Way too much work. Good thing we have a lot of activations (10?) to start with, but the whole "DRM is transparent to the consumer" argument is so invalid. It's pure bullshit.
Edited by Brisse