Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Belsimtek just confirmed they do F-5E so not a F-5 for LN.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Here is an interesting documentary broadcasted in Sweden many years ago about the development of the Viggen platform. It is also much about the politics and economics surrounding this project. To bad there are no subtitles, but perhaps someone (me or any of the other Swedes in this forum) will translate some day... Anyway, there are some parts that can be enjoyed anyway, as a window to the past (from a technology perspective) and some flight scenes showing off the capabilities of the aircraft.

Here is an interesting documentary broadcasted in Sweden many years ago about the development of the Viggen platform. It is also much about the politics and economics surrounding this project. To bad there are no subtitles, but perhaps someone (me or any of the other Swedes in this forum) will translate some day... Anyway, there are some parts that can be enjoyed anyway, as a window to the past (from a technology perspective) and some flight scenes showing off the capabilities of the aircraft.

I agree its a good documentary but you can't really expect non-swedes to watch an hour long video with mostly nothing but interviews.

Secondly, at this rate we should start a seperate thread called DCS Viggen, becouse this is becoming the Viggen thread.

Edited by Skjold

DCS Viggen

Why do we believe its a Viggen?

SAAB 37 Viggen

1. Cobra's image of an RB-04 Anti Shipping Missile, only used on the Tunnan, Lansen and Viggen.
  2. Immediately after Cobra's previous avatar was discovered, he changed it to a Swedish Emblem.
  3. The introduction of new Swedish members to the team.
  4. Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar
  5. Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters
  6. New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution, the Viggen being one of the few military fighter aircraft with a thrust reverser.
  7. the Tomcat lead up announcements indicating Cats and Ducks, Viggen can be translated as a kind of Tufted Duck.

To further expand on some of the above. The AJ and AJS-37 use a PS-37A Monopolse radar with Ground Mapping & Targeting radar. the RB-04E anti-ship missile shown on the picture fits the complex missiles with advanced targeting paramters perfectly, as it is a sea skimming missile.

Variants

- JA 37 (Jakt, Attack) of various variants, interceptor with very little ground attack ability.

- AJ 37 (Attack, Jakt) of various variants, ground attacker with very little air-to-air capability.

- AJS 37 & AJSH 37 (Attack, Jakt, Spaning) Pretty much updated AJ 37s and SH 37's with more weaponry and recon capability.

- SH 37 (Spaning, Hav) Maritime recon variant, very similar to a AJ-37 but a slightly altered radar and a different designation due to role. Only anti-ship and self defense anti-air missiles were used on them

- SF 37 (Spaning, Foto) Dedicated photo recon variant.

- SK 37 (Skola) Two seater primarily for training.

* Jakt = Interceptor, Attack = Attack, Spaning = Recon, Hav = Ocean, Foto = Photo, SK = Skola (School). Ordered in relevance, so JA means that it is a fighter plane with a primary air-to-air function. and a secondary air-to-ground function.

viggen.jpg

Two JA-37 Viggens with their distinct sky grey scheme.

Edited by Skjold

Definitively needs an Ikea skin.

LOL :megalol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If it truly is DCS Viggen, I hope to see roadbases on the new map.

The ability to land on a country road, reload and refuel, would be a neat feature, and as integral to the idea of a warfighting Viggen (in Sweden) as the carrier to the F-14.

The regular airbases were assumed to be taken out very early in a shooting war, and dispersal was thought to be the only way to ensure survival in any numbers.

Sorry for the swedish, but at least there are some neat scenes from said roadbases to look at!

https://youtu.be/PoQtnugT6A4?t=1m32s

I honestly don't get the obsession on this forum for multirole aircraft. What's wrong with pure bombers and pure fighters?

We just don't have any. And most of the guys I fly with would like to be able to do both with one Airframe. I know some are on the horizon but who knows when we'll see the F-18? 2017-2018 maybe? I'm not holding my breath. I'm really really excited about the F-14 for sure but certainly hope whatever awesome plane we get before that is multirole too:)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

We just don't have any. And most of the guys I fly with would like to be able to do both with one Airframe. I know some are on the horizon but who knows when we'll see the F-18? 2017-2018 maybe? I'm not holding my breath. I'm really really excited about the F-14 for sure but certainly hope whatever awesome plane we get before that is multirole too:)

Tbh, the upcoming Mirage 2000C is somewhat multirole (as in, AA and AG capable, though its AG capabilities will be a tad bit limited)

Tbh, the upcoming Mirage 2000C is somewhat multirole (as in, AA and AG capable, though its AG capabilities will be a tad bit limited)

It's not a real multirole. In that case the MiG-21 would be multirole as well.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As interesting an aircraft it is I really hope they have something else up there sleeves :noexpression:

Well they said they have two unannounced projects in the works. So there is always the other plane. (But that could be a WWII bird)

With that said, the Mirage 2000C is coming out soon (Razbam), the F5E has also been confirmed (Belsimtek), the Mig29 is having its FM updated to PFM standards (also Belsimtek I believe, but please correct me if Im wrong), the F18C has been in development for ages, and seems to be nearing completion (Eagle Dynamics), so we are getting quite a few new super sonic fighters in the near term. I for one couldn't be happier.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Will it feature functionnal turning signal for crossroads ?

I believe 16x120kg bombs give right of way. Otherwise just blame the Despatch rider guiding you! (Just to be clear, I don't expect or really want time spent on those)

But the ability to back up will be welcome for those parkings! (even if there won't be any beep-ing sounds during) I guess you can actually reenter and exit those shelters parked all around Caucasus. (If they were only bullet-proof)

IT'S ALIVE! My thread is alive!!

Seriously though, it's nice to see that a fair amount of people are interested in the aircraft :)

I think one thing I can say for sure is that everyone in the flight sim community (be it civil or military) wants a specific aicraft.

All you need to do is go into any one speculation thread and suddenly its swarmed with "I would like X/ Y would be awesome!"

That said, I personally do think a MIG 25 or 31 would be great to have in one of the big sims (X plane/DCS/ FSX) because its a extremely unusual high performance aicraft designed for extreme altitudes and speed. Id happiyl take an un-armed version just for long rides.

The only comparable aircraft in the sim market right now is the SR71 which I think is specific to X plane 10.

I suppose I just don't like the piecemeal way we are going towards a good plane set for campaigns/eras.

The only 3Rd generation DCS level aircraft we have currently is the Mig21/F5E... What do we have against the F14, F18, Mirage 2000... Nothing only FC3 level Mig 29 and Su27... :(

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit