April 2015 DCS World Newsletter

Cibit

Late to the party, but this is a very good newsletter, for me at last, as it shows that ED has their goals set a long time ago and, step by step, they are getting there.

Wich shows passion, determination, endurance and love for their work.

I have a brand new rig waiting for DCS world 2, and I´m engrossed at the moment with the change I get from 16-24 FPS at med-low settings, to 70-80 at high settings, it is not just that I discovered the beauty of the sim, it is like discovering fly with the sim for the first time, the smooth of flying and, well, a lot of details.

So take your time ED and give us a polished new World that plays smooth and nice and as impressive as the videos shows.

Thanks for the news Wags.

Edited by tomcatter

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most significant achievement in this update: A-G radar. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You're being a bit too liberal with my quote. I've had my share of pitchforks, i don't need you to put a smoking gun in my hand and throw me to the mob. ;)

was your quote

but just same as my thought: faith (and competence) :)

collisions of trees are possible , we know (even on the old map) it's only matter of time before it will be ready ;)

smoking gun in your hand ? :D

and how many rounds remained in the magazine of that gun ?

you are still armed and dangerous, so i dont think you should be worry about the mob :lol:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I can assure you they are very focused on DCS 2, but if you look at what is all involved, you would understand its no small undertaking...

No. The scale of it is amazing. I'm going to continue to sit patiently and see what they accomplish. With all the build-up, it will be make or break.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

With so much projects in the oven, and each of them being such a big change I guess it might be hard even for ED to shell out release dates. Software dev is all so random tbh, one day you go through a huge breakthrough that you thought represented 2 months of work while the next day you stump upon a bug that has your team sitting duck for a few weeks.

I'd rather them not giving any date at all than to keep publicly pushing it back 6 months every 6 months. ^^

Amazing work ED, keep it up.

:thumbup: Bring that engine+graphics to 2015 levels.:thumbup:

Since half of the year is almost gone, I think a more valid question would be: Is DCS:W2 going to be out this year?

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

OK, all other dev work on the NTTR map needs to STOP NOW for a critical fix. It's all just ruined without it.

If I can't buzz the High Roller, then the map is a total failure. :)

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

OK, all other dev work on the NTTR map needs to STOP NOW for a critical fix. It's all just ruined without it.

If I can't buzz the High Roller, then the map is a total failure. :)

According to RCDB they took that out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

it's been gone for almost 10 years now.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i was blown away by the Su25T flares...

but the F15 video at 1:15 looks like it has a shadow glitch that the shadow of the ejection seat is casting not only in the cockpit, but also on to the terrain, making it out of proportion~ seems to me the shadow is only supposed to be cast inside the cockpit not on the terrain.

BUT AWESOME TO HAVE NEWS! the pics and videos are added bonus!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Fantastic update, looking forward to more news and progress in the future. Seems like some really great things are on the horizon.

Good things come to those who wait.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The NTTR map looks stunning! Hope they get the alpha\beta finished soon so we can get our hands on it.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

it's been gone for almost 10 years now.

The High Roller observation wheel? They just finished it last year. It's a huge visual fixture on the strip now...

https://www.caesars.com/linq/high-roller#.VUL0-pPzmao

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

i was blown away by the Su25T flares...

but the F15 video at 1:15 looks like it has a shadow glitch that the shadow of the ejection seat is casting not only in the cockpit, but also on to the terrain, making it out of proportion~ seems to me the shadow is only supposed to be cast inside the cockpit not on the terrain.

BUT AWESOME TO HAVE NEWS! the pics and videos are added bonus!

Seat Shadow on Canopy Glass, Aircraft Shadow on the ground

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

The High Roller observation wheel? They just finished it last year. It's a huge visual fixture on the strip now...

https://www.caesars.com/linq/high-roller#.VUL0-pPzmao

Assumed you meant the high roller, roller coaster on the strato tower

Could not help noticing that L-39 has Czech marking, but the cockpit gauges are in Russian. Is there a plan to have also Czech cockpit? (Not that it would make any difference in understanding the language.)

Good too see a newsletter. I am looking forward to multicrew, better functioning MP and I realy like how new effects look. I hope every effect will be revamped like that.

Especially kinetic energy based weapons like .50cal need a new effect with more of a flash with some sparks and a little bit smoke, instead of fire with dust around it, as we currently have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I've been bitching about the toilet paper bug and poor particle effects for some time but now I know that I prefer pre-pre-Alpha of DCS2 with >some< particle work rather than DCS1 with all-new particle effects.

Thank you for the update! I needed my fix so badly ;)

PS. Any chance for the Su-25 music without the music strapped on top?

Assumed you meant the high roller, roller coaster on the strato tower

very strange, they chose the same name "High Roller" for Caesars' new observation wheel

The "first" High Roller at 909 ft (277 m) - on the Stratosphere Tower was the second highest ride in the world and the highest roller coaster

It was closed on December 30, 2005, and dismantled to make space for a new attraction

in DCSW2 NTTR: an experienced 3D model artist needs only couple days to make that model and put into Las Vegas on the NTTR map...so maybe we will see that new observation wheel in the sim as well as the new control tower(s) on the McCarran International Airport (in Wags' video)

sign-pic4.jpg

I sense Naveda is closer than they let on. Mudslike probably have an article in the making as we speak. Just a hunch taken from a slew of info the past few days.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P