F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #2

Cobra847

:music_whistling::music_whistling: :music_whistling::music_whistling:

i think ignorance is bliss rings truer

people cant bitch about what they dont know

i really dont get this thing about "communication" as ln has already communicated everything they really have to say already

maybe it comes as a surprise to some people that not all things in life are performance arts to be streamed on twitch for their entertainment

Except for sweet, sweet F14 videos.

Yeah, I get ya. I have no issues with them working until early to mid 2017 without a peep and then all of a sudden saying "okay, it's ready." They don't owe anyone anything. It will be on them to determine the best amount of preview material to deliver at what times to maximize profits. I don't begrudge them any marketing decision they make.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, just 2 weeks ago:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171014

The last "detailed" update (lots of pictures, etc) was less than 4 months ago:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=163752

-Nick

Thank you! Missed that.

This part of the forum's a bit hard to follow :)

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

The hold up is getting the top gun theme song licensed for the menu screen wallpaper.

Worth it :lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...
Is there gonna be 1 seater..sorry not familiar with the plane?

No problem, maybe you can have some time this holidays to see that epic movie called: TOPGUN ...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Im say the cat coming 2018 with topgun 2 release ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Top Gun?

Who, I ask, who has ever heard of or seen such an obscure movie?:megalol:

~S

That almost sounded like Shakespeare or something... :megalol:

Probably miro071, I answer, probably miro071... as he said he's not familiar with the F-14.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I didn't, because I first saw Hot Shots! and loved it... and I don't even want to try and see the original. :D

I understand...as a movie to watch I actually prefer Hot Shots (and part deux).

However, the aerial footage from Top Gun is pretty unprecedented - especially from the 1980s. Also, despite how things may seem, Top Gun is also a silly movie like Hot Shots, its just less obvious in that regard.

I actually prefer "The Making of Top Gun" to the movie itself.

The clips below contain the majority of the interesting flying scenes and probably offers 70% of the experience of watching the movie.

The "making of" is pretty good too and I generally prefer watching it to the movie. Here is a short clip:

https://youtu.be/kf_bCOoXK24

-Nick

not in my book it's not unprecedented, i felt final countdown had the superior tomcat aerial footage

I won't speak to the subjective preference (I prefer Final Countdown the movie, but prefer Top Gun footage). :)

However, Top Gun had a lot more footage with a lot more variety (namely multiple vantage points from the aircraft itself) along with footage obtained in the air and from the ground.

Final Countdown was a fun movie as well and I enjoy that footage a lot, but it didn't use the variety of techniques. That part was unprecedented.

-Nick

I won't speak to the subjective preference (I prefer Final Countdown the movie, but prefer Top Gun footage). :)

However, Top Gun had a lot more footage with a lot more variety (namely multiple vantage points from the aircraft itself) along with footage obtained in the air and from the ground.

Final Countdown was a fun movie as well and I enjoy that footage a lot, but it didn't use the variety of techniques. That part was unprecedented.

-Nick

In The Final Countdown, they actually shot the gun and launched a Sidewinder for the movie (the aircraft markings are the same as on the remaining footage). That was heads and shoulders above the special effects used in Top Gun.

In The Final Countdown, they actually shot the gun and launched a Sidewinder for the movie (the aircraft markings are the same as on the remaining footage). That was heads and shoulders above the special effects used in Top Gun.

Top Gun got one sidewinder shot which got mirrored and flipped 3 times throughout the movie. It was an actual shot though.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Count me as one not onboard with DCS: F-14A/B indulging in the Hollywood Tomcat. I want to feel and know what it was like to fly the Tomcat in the real world, not on the silver screen. The last thing I want to hear is Kenny Loggins in the main menu; I want to feel like a professional naval aviator/NFO. The real world may not be as "sexy" as the fake world, but its still a heckuva lot more interesting.