Feedback and General Questions for Video Updates

The stream wasnt really that great, the streamer did not interact in any way with the viewers and alot of them had plenty of valid questions.

Also there was not really anything being done in the stream, except for a little bit of flying.

No offense but what exactly did you expect?

a) it was announced it will be more or less the same as the first (test) stream

b) the main purpose was to showcase the new map and engine (was even the title of the stream)

In addition, we got some questions answered as well. Job well done IMO. :thumbup:

Edited by T}{OR
correct quote

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) it was announced it will be more or less the same as the first (test) stream

b) the main purpose was to showcase the new map and engine (was even the title of the stream)

In addition, we got some questions answered as well. Job well done IMO. :thumbup:

Offense??? Why would I take offense, we are in complete agreement.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I believe OfD was in agreement with the format of the live stream that was given.

EDIT:

Bloods Hell, quoted wrong person. My apologies. :)

Post edited.

Hahahahah it happens to the best of us sir. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The stream wasnt really that great, the streamer did not interact in any way with the viewers and alot of them had plenty of valid questions.

Also there was not really anything being done in the stream, except for a little bit of flying.

its a twidge bit hard to interact when your flying dcs full screen.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On one hand I would also like to see a bit more interaction between the host and the audience, it's what makes the "live" stream different from a simple video imho, but on the other hand I can understand that it's probably not so easy to fly a sim while talking to people and also reading the chat (and it would look awkward with the TrackIR every time he'd turn his head to read the chat). Not to mention that at least half of those messages in chat were "what are his PC specs" :lol: But I liked the live Q&A during the test stream more than the "10 for the chairman" style in the last stream. Still, it's alright as it is, much better than an occasional newsletter. Although I think they had to do something to calm everyone down after the last one 'cause a lot of pitchforks were sharpened :lol:

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

On one hand I would also like to see a bit more interaction between the host and the audience, it's what makes the "live" stream different from a simple video imho, but on the other hand I can understand that it's probably not so easy to fly a sim while talking to people and also reading the chat (and it would look awkward with the TrackIR every time he'd turn his head to read the chat). Not to mention that at least half of those messages in chat were "what are his PC specs" :lol: But I liked the live Q&A during the test stream. Still, it's alright as it is, much better than an occasional newsletter. Although I think they had to do something to calm everyone down after the last one 'cause a lot of pitchforks were sharpened :lol:

For that to happen IMHO someone should read and filter out valid questions, then forward them to the streamer to answer. Or be on the same stream with him.

That being said, I am more than happy with current stream coupled with Q&A before start.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

I thought the last stream turned out nice. The NTTR map looks outstanding.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Im gratefull for the stream but is Twitch really the best medium ?

I mean since Wags doesn't interact with the audience and questions are picked up on the forums why not just upload a video on Youtube ?

Wags would have more time to work on it, he could edit out all the little quirks (like forgetting to launch TIR) and maybe even ask Glowing Amraam for some eye-candy shots.

As far as I know no one has any problem with Youtube while a few people reports issues with Twitch.

And if you're going to upload it to YT anyway Twitch seems like uneccessary workload.

Hey guys at least we getting something it's better than seeing nothing and waiting. As said before this is only the start of the live streams I think next weekend we see more on what's to come. Iv yet to even put all my stuff together to start flying dcs so my imagination was saying in going use the current dcs world as my training and when dcs 2 is out use that as my real life flying Iv started flying just at the right time.

• ED Team

I mean since Wags doesn't interact with the audience and questions are picked up on the forums why not just upload a video on Youtube ?

Wags would have more time to work on it, he could edit out all the little quirks (like forgetting to launch TIR) and maybe even ask Glowing Amraam for some eye-candy shots.

As far as I know no one has any problem with Youtube while a few people reports issues with Twitch.

And if you're going to upload it to YT anyway Twitch seems like uneccessary workload.

I dunno, I am really liking the live interaction with everyone. Sure there are hiccups here and there, but thats kind what makes the streams interesting. GA's vids are great, dont get me wrong, but raw live vids have something special about them, you really see where everything is at, no subbed in sounds or music, no special effects, just raw game footage.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

True, but that wouldn't be a live feed, and so rather defeats the whole concept. The feeds are made available on YT soon afterwards, so everyone can view it one way or another.

Like all things here, it is never going to be possible to please everyone. The feeds shouldn't be allowed to eat into valuable ED resources any more than it has to, and as far as I can see, the live feed worked, and went well - but naturally, some people will have issues for one reason or another, which is never good, but also seems unavoidable.

Bottom line is, everyone will get to see what was broadcast, and isn't that the main thing?

I too prefer the raw unedited footage. We get to see the actual builds the testers are flying, warts and all and that is far cooler than an edited video. Not to mention the little (un)intentional 'easter eggs' that pop up from time to time :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I dunno, I am really liking the live interaction with everyone. Sure there are hiccups here and there, but thats kind what makes the streams interesting. GA's vids are great, dont get me wrong, but raw live vids have something special about them, you really see where everything is at, no subbed in sounds or music, no special effects, just raw game footage.

Totally agree the raw no edit footage is refreshing, not many game developers would be caught dead doing this. Keep it up and please for next one could we get some clarification on nvidia 3dvision? If not flying in the rift it will be flown in 3d like the current dcs. All in all its looking good and i can forsee things maturing as the years and tech progresses.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Nah, twitch is probably actually the best for such quick updates and show and tells. Matt has probably better things to do than spend the whole weekend recording and editing proper videos. This way he can just sit down when he has time, show us some of the good stuff and if there is some quirk or hickup nobody cares cause its a live stream.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

No, I was just talking about a few shots from GA that could be added here and there when Wags in talking about specific aspect of DCS 2.

I wasn't asking for an hour long video from GA, I also want to see what we'll get without editing.

It's not a request I was just throwing ideas around.

Nah, twitch is probably actually the best for such quick updates and show and tells. Matt has probably better things to do than spend the whole weekend recording and editing proper videos

Indeed, I thought about that afterwards, It's probably more convenient for him to do it this way.

Edited by Eight Ball

This!

True, but that wouldn't be a live feed, and so rather defeats the whole concept. The feeds are made available on YT soon afterwards, so everyone can view it one way or another.

Like all things here, it is never going to be possible to please everyone. The feeds shouldn't be allowed to eat into valuable ED resources any more than it has to, and as far as I can see, the live feed worked, and went well - but naturally, some people will have issues for one reason or another, which is never good, but also seems unavoidable.

Bottom line is, everyone will get to see what was broadcast, and isn't that the main thing?

Twitch is not something that even interests me so I am grateful to have it reposted via YT. With YT I have some control over the event and can start it and stop it as I see fit to more closely examine some aspect that gets my attention. To each his own. Bottom line, I am grateful Wags takes the time to do this for us. Like most I anxiously await the time I can have all that goodness on my SSD.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I don't like twitch because their mobile platform is totally useless and the site navigation is kinda messy and un-intuitive but,

Maybe Wags plans to interact more and more with the thousand+ people that are watching the streams but maybe a bit later after he gets the hang of streaming.

look at this movie. doesn't it add a new dimension just because you can interact with it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Probably originally posted in the wrong section... my apologies

feeback here on this is not intended to be negative but it seemed the Q and A, an innovative idea and good for community/ developer involvement as well as an excellent platform for building a member focus for the coming stream, seemed a bit adhoc - almost as though questions were handed over (or rummaged through from a pile) at the time of the stream and answered off the cuff. (At least that's the way it came across... though others may disagree :) )

This part (as it appeared) could use a bit of polishing up.. possibly the Questions could be selected well beforehand and Answers prepared?

the number of questions doesn't matter, but the sense of a prepared (doesn't need to be "snappy or sharp") interaction is important

?

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

From Matt

The next live Stream will be on Saturday, July 4th at 1800 UTC. The Q&A will start at 1730 UTC.

Helos, helos, helos!

http://www.twitch.tv/wagmatt

After the Stream concludes, I will post a copy to Youtube

Thanks

You're killing me Matt! :) The grill will be wide open for the family at that time chief. Can't afford to burn the food and have my daughters PO'd at me. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

OMG! I can't get over how freaking fantastic the missile exhaust/smoke looks/animates. Watch at 26:45 for the last stream./// the bellowing smoke...the way it shapes...the way it appears to disperse is just freaking brilliant. wow!!! You do take ur own time ED...but damn u do one hell of a fantastic job. Can't wait to see how the weather engine/graphics further develop.

I know explosion/smoke fx are still wip. Here's hoping ED's fantastic team puts in similar attention to detail for wind/velocity effects on aircraft/object trajectory/direction. Looking forward to seeing more on this end for the upcoming streams. Is this something under consideration?

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

From Matt

You're killing me Matt! :) The grill will be wide open for the family at that time chief. Can't afford to burn the food and have my daughters PO'd at me. :D

Think long extension cords. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As was posted on the forums and in the Twitch chat window... Questions were selected out of the forum thread and it was stated several times that questions would not be taken from the Twitch chat. If you are disappointed in anyway that is your own doing by not reading the various messages telling you exactly what the stream would be.

This comment alone tells everyone all they need to know. A lot happened in that stream...

The idea of this topic is to give feedback on the stream and when i do that i compare their stream to other streams from developers that stream their new games.

Replying to your viewers is one of the main things you got to do as a streamer also when you are a developer advertising your game.

I have watched the stream and the only thing that happened was a little bit of flying with some comments on what they did in DCS2.0.

But Eagle Dynamics can of course also just listen to the "feedback" from people who say that the stream was so awesome and simply ignore proper feedback on how to improve their stream and with that advertise their game.

The idea of this topic is to give feedback on the stream and when i do that i compare their stream to other streams from developers that stream their new games.

Replying to your viewers is one of the main things you got to do as a streamer also when you are a developer advertising your game.

I have watched the stream and the only thing that happened was a little bit of flying with some comments on what they did in DCS2.0.

But Eagle Dynamics can of course also just listen to the "feedback" from people who say that the stream was so awesome and simply ignore proper feedback on how to improve their stream and with that advertise their game.

I'm with ya. Enough fan boy stuff and let's be constructive, will only be beneficial for a better product in our hands.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.