Spouses and sim addiction

GeneralDynamics

i think its sad how one person in the relationship can dictate so much to the other

this is what makes you happy - this captures your imagination and fills your dreams - yet one member of the relationship has the ability to veto that and consign that happiness beyond your reach

doesn't sound "right" to me

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think its sad how one person in the relationship can dictate so much to the other

this is what makes you happy - this captures your imagination and fills your dreams - yet one member of the relationship has the ability to veto that and consign that happiness beyond your reach

"It's flying or me!"! she said..

I miss her sometimes..

;) :lol:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I think I should take this opportunity to clarify a few things:-) I didn't mean to make it sound like my wife constantly nags me over purchases in that first post. It's just that she's very thrifty and thank goodness for that. If it weren't for her, I'd likely still be making interest-only payments on the house like a moron, and only responding to bills that came in those yellow or orange envelopes, you know, the ones that say pay now or something's getting shut off, not to mention the late charges. It's not that I couldn't afford to pay, it was simply because I was irresponsible and couldn't be bothered before she came into my life. Now, thanks to her, and only her, all the bills are paid on time every time, and we're a mere couple of years away from paying off the house, and for that I couldn't be more thankful - I owe her a LOT. While she does grill me pretty good on purchases (which can be rather humorous at times), she knows I work hard and she's willing to give me the benefit of the doubt to spend a little $$ from time to time. Yet, those purchases do cut into things she cares about like the house and bills and savings, and she works just as hard as I do to make ends meet. So, that being said, it's not so much about one person having veto power over another as it is about finding a path forward together in this crazy, mixed-up world we live in:-)

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

For those of you not married yet, get all your hardware first!

:megalol: :thumbup: :megalol: :thumbup: :megalol: :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

A Marriage relationship is more than just two people living together ,loving each other and building a home and family.

its also a kind of business, it has income and expenses.

it is the job of the spouse to keep emotional economical decisions in check in order for the the budget to be balanced and to allow long term planning.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, after several years, the situation has 'stabilized':

Me: 'Oh, look, there is a new (insert hardware here, no matter what...)!'

Her: 'No. You've 2 kids to wear and educate. And that's not free'.

Me: 'Grblrbrllbr OK but...'.

Her: 'No. Eventually for X-mas or birthday'.

(no place left to add if-then-else or whatif)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

A Marriage relationship is more than just two people living together ,loving each other and building a home and family.

it is the job of the spouse to keep emotional economical decisions in check in order for the the budget to be balanced and to allow long term planning.

Pffft. Says you.....

• ED Team

Yup, agreed, it swings both ways as well, both sides have their moments of weakness.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My wife tricked me and I haven't flown in over 3 years, well maybe once or twice. We moved into a smaller house and this is our convo

me; where am I going to put my computer?

her; you can put it in our room and the nights you fly I'll sleep on the couch until you are done

me; Ok, that will work.

The first time I tried to fly, she says "I can't sleep with all that light and talking. I said, go lay on the couch then.....needless to say, I didn't fly after that. But in a few months I'll get to fly whenever I want, because I'll be overseas for a year. When I come back we are buying a house and I make sure I have a room or spot for me, not in our bedroom!

A deal? With a wife*? Are you 19? :P You either establish an out-of-negotiations area and set up your stuff there

*sorry to burst your happiness bubble youngsters but this also applies to women in any sort of relationship with you that involves living together or even sharing a fraction of income.

Edited by Bucic

• ED Team
And some are in denial :D

isn't that a river in north Africa :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

to ppl responding to my comment.. first, more than one person is responding to the OP in kind (and others joke about it)

and, "flight sims" are not the only scenario where this happens - i see it a lot, and i also see a lot of those kinds of jokes

why is that? because it is real

but when it gets to the point (and i'm sorry for you cali), that you don't get to do what you want to do - ever....? that's not trivial - that's a problem

especially if SHE gets to do what she wants to do but your interests, dreams, desires etc are indefinitely deferred

(oh, extra bonus points - if you ever want to bail from this arrangement, your reward is paying for "the standard of living to which she has become accustomed" and seeing your children on the weekends - no downside to her at all --- win win win all over the place for her)

: /

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
To the OP, you need to make sure you buy your wife soemthing nice, you ended up getting what you wanted, even if she made you work for it a little :)

Yep, well said.

A cruise somewhere nice and about 10 times more pricey sounds about right. Bet she won't say no to her end of the deal.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whats' funny is most women these days wouldn't think twice about spending $357 on a pair of shoes that don't have any more usefulness than a $50 pair.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Whats' funny is most women these days wouldn't think twice about spending $357 on a pair of shoes that don't have any more usefulness than a $50 pair.

The problem with that logic (sound as it may be), is that from her perspective, the same could be said about a Warthog vs a T. Flight Hotas X (even though one is clearly superior to the male eye). :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

And some are in denial :D

isn't that a river in north Africa :)

Wow, nice one! :thumbup:

Took me a pair of seconds to understand. :doh:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

A deal? With a wife*? Are you 19? :P You either establish an out-of-negotiations area and set up your stuff there

*sorry to burst your happiness bubble youngsters but this also applies to women in any sort of relationship with you that involves living together or even sharing a fraction of income.

With this approach I'm almost sure you haven't eaten any cake 4 a long time if you know what I mean Dude :lol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

This thread makes me realise how absurdly lucky I am.

My wife (of 20 years) looks amazing, doesn't spend much at all, makes no real demands of me, likes chilling out as opposed to arguing, hits the gym every day, hates the idea of kids, cooks incredible food, loves video games, loves football and keeps trying to encourage me to spend more money on my flight simming hobby. :D

Her friends and my family all think I'm spoiled to the core.

They're probably right. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

This thread makes me realise how absurdly lucky I am.

My wife (of 20 years) looks amazing, doesn't spend much at all, makes no real demands of me, likes chilling out as opposed to arguing, hits the gym every day, hates the idea of kids, cooks incredible food, loves video games, loves football and keeps trying to encourage me to spend more money on my flight simming hobby. :D

Her friends and my family all think I'm spoiled to the core.

They're probably right. :D

They are right, and you are spoiled.. (Good for you!)

And I can relate as well as my wife is awesome... Reading some of these posts I am really sad for some folks and it makes me realize how lucky I truly am..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO