Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for reporting.

Guys if you have a report on someone using an exploit like driving units under a FARP, please send it to either me or Greg and we will investigate it.

Tracks of each mission are saved automatically I remind you, and we can go through it, we just need estimate of time when it occurred.

Now about FARPs and aerodrome not keeping captured after restart, did you see the capture message? Or did you rely on the map by clicking on it and checking the coalition? Or did you rely on the Web dynamic map as indication?

Thanks

Xcom

Hey guys. Yes thanks for reporting. Checking asap.

Please send us better a pm or mail instead of posting here as ED forums doesn't accept multiplayer reports for exploits if I remember correctly from the rules.

Thanks

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Guys, I need some explanation about when and how I can move ground units. There is only a couple of words about capturing trigger and it is clear and understandable. But there is nothing about any restrictions to move ground unit. Yesterday, pilot named =ВАРЯГ= knew about how capturing trigger is working, but I was asked to write him not to move ground units. Why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

Tonight really wasn't cool, Reds took it upon themselves to use an Exploit to hide units under the FARPS.

I definitely do not want to defend people using exploits, I'm just interested how a unit can be under a FARP. So next time a screenshot (max. zoom in) including the coordinates (left corner) would be nice. Perhaps it'll help the designers to make a correction of the placement of the FARP - if it's not related to the model itself.

Nevertheless: I hope that there won't be be a "next time".

Anyway: good fighting though! Either side!

Guys, I need some explanation about when and how I can move ground units. There is only a couple of words about capturing trigger and it is clear and understandable. But there is nothing about any restrictions to move ground unit. Yesterday, pilot named =ВАРЯГ= knew about how capturing trigger is working, but I was asked to write him not to move ground units. Why?

Hello as said before and it's written in the rules:

- You CAN'T move groups of units or single unit from one city/Airbase/FARP to another to capture.

Example : You can't move units or whole groups from Gudauta to Sukhumi. That's forbidden.

- You CAN get in units and defend your assets. Example: Sochi is under attack, you can get in a Shilka and defend against the enemy.

- You CAN move movable units that a chopper dropped. Example move a Strela that a friendly chopper dropped. Not from the F10 Map though.Only in 1st person.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

First, ground units moved by the F-10 map is not allowed, it undoubtedly creates lag.

Second, moving ground units as first person is allowed, as long as you stay in the objective area and do not start moving units from one objective to the other.

For example - you are not allowed to move ground units from a city to an aerodrome.

If someone would try it, he would not be able to capture with those units anyway and those units would not be relevant if moved to a nearby friendly objective as the script does not look at them for occupation of the wrong objective.

Capturing and holding objectives works only with the original ground units that are at the objective or either have been repaired at the objective, or with newly dropped units from a chopper.

Newly dropped units from a chopper are allowed to be moved through first person and are not restricted at any specific area as they can be dropped anywhere.

How it´s possible to hide an unit under a FARP?

If you drive one the vehicle climbs over it and stay on top... At least in Single Player.

I definitely do not want to defend people using exploits, I'm just interested how a unit can be under a FARP. So next time a screenshot (max. zoom in) including the coordinates (left corner) would be nice. Perhaps it'll help the designers to make a correction of the placement of the FARP - if it's not related to the model itself.

Nevertheless: I hope that there won't be be a "next time".

Anyway: good fighting though! Either side!

I haven't witnessed it happening, but I can imagine what happened: FARPs are always aligned to the horizon and not to the ground. That means if you place a FARP on a slope, the downhill side of the FARP will be floating in the air. It should be possible to drive units beneath it then. Haven't tested it though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I haven't witnessed it happening, but I can imagine what happened: FARPs are always aligned to the horizon and not to the ground. That means if you place a FARP on a slope, the downhill side of the FARP will be floating in the air. It should be possible to drive units beneath it then. Haven't tested it though.

Yes exactly. Also I think this can happen when 2 FARP's are close to each other. Must been a design mistake from my part mostly if the FARP's were inside a canyon . Must check the FARP's to see where the issues can occur.

Please tell us if you remember the area which this happened yesterday. Thanks.

Greg

I raccomend 51st Teknetinium for one of these:

Golden_Star_medal_473.jpg

He achieved 13/0 kill to death ratio while defending Sukhumi from a swarm of attackers and eagles...

DCS_2015_09_18_00_42_46_16_2.jpg

Well done Reds!!! The GCI guys worked miracles and seeing all that splashes in the skies not even knowing sometimes the enemy was there... it was thrilling...

Oh, and Xcom... nice burners on your F-15, they give really good green light on the SA-9 HUD... hihiih... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

He achieved 13/0 kill to death ratio while defending Sukhumi from a swarm of attackers and eagles...

Well done Reds!!! The GCI guys worked miracles and seeing all that splashes in the skies not even knowing sometimes the enemy was there... it was thrilling...

Oh, and Xcom... nice burners on your F-15, they give really good green light on the SA-9 HUD... hihiih... ;)

Argh! Those burners took all my fuel and I had to turn back to look you guys in the face with only 100 pounds ;)

I thought Teknetinium was the one to shot me down last night...

It could have been more if I had not started to feel like KurtPalm :megalol: so I could not assist to Tek.um.titum and defend Sukhumi.

GJ - TEK!!!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

That moment when you've literally just put EWR down on a pinnacle in the mountains and the server restarts...

LOOOOOL Why???

You get a message "Mission restarts in 30 minutes" , then "Mission restarts in 25 minutes" then "Mission restarts in 20 minutes" then "Mission restarts in 15 minutes" and finally... "MISSION RESTARTS IN 10 MINUTES".

Also you have the the time counting on the webpage and gadget.

Whyyyyyy? :D

Can't wait to return home and listen to that teamspeak recording... I am curious again of what Aries could do this time...

Greg

+1 to this.

It was an impressive show yesterday. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use