DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

This batch checks the updater every 5 seconds music_whistling.gif

Obviously my open beta install is C:\DCSWOpenBeta

You need to rename the current autoupdate_log.txt to something else also

New version also exits if updater already running. In case the logfile isn't written in 5 seconds.

echo off
:start
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq DCS_updater.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "DCS_updater.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" exit

if exist "C:\DCSWOpenBeta\autoupdate_log.txt" (
   echo file exists
   exit
) else (
   echo file doesn't exist
   start C:\DCSWOpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe update    
)
timeout 5
goto start

I dont think thats ok, everytime youstart the updater, the Ed server needs to tell to the client that "no 1.5 is not out yet". If everyone would use that it wouldnt be much different than a ddos attack. Just relax and check the official update section.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix, Arizona

so that's not exactly the West Coast ;)

MST (Mountain Standard Time)

UTC/GMT -7 hours

almost 7 O' clock there

Ok MST then...anyways someone go wake up Matt!! :lol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Btw, the Mig-29 got a new 6DOF cockpit, but did it get update to flight modeling like Su-27S and F-15C got in same updates?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Btw, the Mig-29 got a new 6DOF cockpit, but did it get update to flight modeling like Su-27S and F-15C got in same updates?

No. No PFM for the MiG-29.

The aircraft 3D model is WIP.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

A new exterior 3D model is in the works, and hopefully a new AFM/PFM as well. But there hasn't been any info as to when an AFM/PFM is being released... but it only makes sense for ED to update that, too.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

AFAIK the DCS downloader use P2P already so people downloading it will distribute it to everyone else.

The DCS downloader does not create a server (otherwise my firewall would have asked me). It also does not open ports on the router using UPnP which it would have to do since almost every client sits behind a router using NAT. I don't know how akamai does it but normal torrents can't run silently without the user noticing. So no, the DCS downloader probably doesn't use P2P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont think thats ok, everytime youstart the updater, the Ed server needs to tell to the client that "no 1.5 is not out yet". If everyone would use that it wouldnt be much different than a ddos attack. Just relax and check the official update section.

You can set it to 60 seconds or any other number of course. :)

Something from the Russian side of the forum - posted by Belsimtek's PilotMi8: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2492454&postcount=10181

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Which means what, translated..?

Doesn't your browser automatically translate for you? Mine does... :)

"Why did it happen? please be patient .. large volume of a hard day. If this were digging holes in the homogeneous ground, then immediately be calculated and written on the forum estimated time of completion. No one is hiding. But it is very difficult to make a forecast completion mnogofaktornozavisyaschego process. With each new update release / introduction of new products increases the complexity of the project and, accordingly, is also growing at the time of its preparation for use. And I'm afraid does not grow in a linear relationship (("

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com