DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

RB 05 was confirmed i am fairly sure, yes.

AFAIK all weapons the AJS could carry will be in including RB 04, RB 05, RBS 15, RB 75, RB 75T, BK 90, RB 74, RB 24J, 135 mm rockets, 120 kg m/71 frigo bombs etc..

The only weapon that will NOT be in is the AIM-4.

RB 05 was confirmed i am fairly sure, yes.

AFAIK all weapons the AJS could carry will be in including RB 04, RB 05, RBS 15, RB 75, RB 75T, BK 90, RB 74, RB 24J, 135 mm rockets, 120 kg m/71 frigo bombs etc..

The only weapon that will NOT be in is the AIM-4.

Interesting, Will be challenging. :smilewink:

peep that landing gear retraction

I'm pretty sure my old aviation maintenance instructor (who used to be a JA engineer) told me that the viggen display pilots usually set the gear handle to the up position before takeoff to make the gear retract as soon as there was no weight on the gear. Probably what we see in this video. :-)

A week without any new posts? Unacceptable. This thread must move at at least M0.85 :D

Something that's been bothering me for a while, is will the Viggen be able to land on a carrier? It has tough landing gear and reverse thrust. What about other factors like brake strength and the time it takes to engage reverse thrust? Also can it be engaged mid air?

Takeoff will be no issue with 3 zones (or was it 4 zones?) of afterburner shoving the plane forward.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The AB has three zones.

The thrust reverser cannot be engaged in the air, there are several different safety interlocks that prevent this. Pulling the thrust reverser handle in the air just makes it automatically engage when there's weight on the right main gear (if there isn't also weight on the nose gear within one second it'll abort closing the reverser hatches until there is). Closing the hatches completely takes several seconds, which I think is going to be something of an issue when landing on a carrier.

A week without any new posts? Unacceptable. This thread must move at at least M0.85 :D

Something that's been bothering me for a while, is will the Viggen be able to land on a carrier? It has tough landing gear and reverse thrust. What about other factors like brake strength and the time it takes to engage reverse thrust? Also can it be engaged mid air?

Takeoff will be no issue with 3 zones (or was it 4 zones?) of afterburner shoving the plane forward.

I've made ONE succesful landing on a carrier with a Viggen. It was in a simulator with a real Viggen cockpit, but it used Xplane 10, so im not sure how realistic it was. So it might be able to do it.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Uglies plane ever made

Blasphemy!!! :shocking:

Or the Starfighter?

Another heretic! :furious:

;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think the PZL Belphegor may be #1 on ugly-o-meter. Or maybe it shares the spot with the fat-nosed AEW 707 (Phalcon?) and various single engine anti-sub aircraft (Gannet, Alize etc.). The Viggen is nowhere near the top of the list. Trust me, I know, I'm a professional.

Hello,

I regret to inform you that we are now enemies for life.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,

Mmmslash

Blasphemy!!! :shocking:

Another heretic! :furious:

;)

The Starfighter looks like a toilet paper roll with two chunks of cardboard stuck on by a second grader.

Come-at-me-bro-psy-32255808-500-280.jpg

Guys there's an entire thread discussing this here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142994

Also OK yeah the Viggen won't win any beauty pageants but then again you're never really gonna see it in normal operation seeing as it will be camouflaged among the treetops :D

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

If you ask most Swedes (with an interest in aircraft) they will tell you that the Viggen is the Best looking fighter out there ^^.

2m3plea.jpg

Sure she might not be as slim or have as "perfect" lines as some other aircraft.

But what makes her sexy (especially for those who have seen it live or in action) is the sheer power and ruggedness in her looks.

Some aircraft are Foto models but the Viggen is not,

She is an Elite Athlete.

She might have a few more visible muscles then what some might say is "perfect",

But thats just a part of what makes her so sexy ^^.

26190933480_f980efa8e5_b.jpg

Edited by mattebubben

I wouldn't call it a 'beautiful' aircraft.

Viggen reminds me of the Millennium Falcon, an inelegant mash of advanced ideas that form an aesthetic that is striking, unique, and for those reasons, memorable.

A little off topic, but my point is that the Viggen takes on an otherworldly appearance, so unlike any other aircraft. Although, like the F-104, it appears more spaceship than aircraft.

It really makes me want to fly it. :)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Viggen has been described as "fulsnygg", which roughly means "ugly in a good looking way" or "attractively ugly". If that makes any sense. It's most certainly not a sleek looking aircraft but it does look menacing and powerful. I think the same applies to the F-4.