Mirage 2000 release date

lorfar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys before some of you go over the top ED have missed two dates in the past both by one day, you have been told next week in the news letter and I am sure they will.

Please review forum rules before the continued bashing ends in forum warnings.

Well, there's a bunch of guy's that have just had their Christmas cancelled.....or at least delayed anyway. They are just venting off. Hype on this thread has been building all week, and it has just crashed. We have all had to eat our xmas stockings now as they are empty, for another week anyway :(

But, I can wait. Might have to give that new A10-C campaign a go over the weekend :) it looks great.

BTW thanks for the newsletter and update ED.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Come on guys... I am anxious for this too, but if you really want an exact date, then assume next Saturday, as they have said they plan to release it by then. If it gets released earlier, that's a bonus.

ED has some of the shortest Alpha-to-beta and beta-to-release times I've seen from a software company. The pre-release testing is looking for bugs. You certainly can't figure out how long it will take to fix bugs you haven't found yet, so wanting an exact release date while still in testing is unrealistic.

Maybe in the meantime, RAZBAM would be willing to give us some more Mirage eye-candy?

Ok, it is how it is :huh:

but now, i want a release date for Next week!

Or is it to much to ask for??? ED?

Edit: Now i decided to buy enemywithin and fly this great campaign in good old caucasus but wat happens after updating 1.5...

Nothing :doh: Loading bank stays at 1% Ahhh... It´s not always easy for us simmers he?!

Ok after repair 1.5 it works now but if i want to buy the DLC it says:

The product is out of stock :megalol: realy, no joke!

Edit: Ok now it works :thumbup:

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Ahhhhh Bugger, that means I'm not flying her until next year now. :( sadly having to go away for Xmas and new year to the in laws tomorrow. Was hoping to get a chance to play before hand.

However it's not the end of the world, and believe me considering my wife is being made redundant today, it's hardly the worst issue In my life.

Guess I will just have to have a nice low level flight in my Huey then. Ah well, that will be tough. ;)

Thanks for the update guys, great to know she will be out next week, can't wait to see the videos to keep me going.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Ahhhhh Bugger, that means I'm not flying her until next year now. :( sadly having to go away for Xmas and new year to the in laws tomorrow. Was hoping to get a chance to play before hand.

However it's not the end of the world, and believe me considering my wife is being made redundant today, it's hardly the worst issue In my life.

Guess I will just have to have a nice low level flight in my Huey then. Ah well, that will be tough. ;)

Thanks for the update guys, great to know she will be out next week, can't wait to see the videos to keep me going.

Cowboy10uk

sorry to hear about the wife. that sucks :(

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

gotta chime in to say, why is this a shock to anyone?

every release there is THIS, now you can say what you want about the marketing direction (ED/3rd party really needs to zip lips about dates and just have better communication on hold ups and stop wagging meat in front of the dogs jaws every new release) but I mean this should be expected..... this is normal for a new release and will not be the last time this stuff happens.

I know everyone wants it but please look at history repeating itself (right down to people complaining and mods warning) like beat the vicious cycle and do something other then count rivets for 5 seconds and lo and behold a new day will dawn.

I'm in the camp with the others in that I'm disappointed that they still didn't give a date. Also, beta will have bugs so I don't understand what they need to test for other than installers or anything of that sort. It's to the point where they are treating the beta as a finished product that may or may not be updated with more features.

Good to see ED is taking the process step by step, making sure everything is in order before releasing to public. The worse thing they could do is rush quality control for the sake of the cry babies.

That would be a normal release, this is an alpha/beta.

• ED Team

Guys I have already had to delete posts with name calling, and hand out warnings. please be mature when posting

1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vzmo4.jpg

And in 2.0s case, an ALPHA. I am not advocating that ED not test stuff before release, but unless testing is almost complete, how can ED be sure it's next week? And how the hell did the MiG-21/C-101 Make it into 2.0 when they flat out don't work? I am right in assuming they don't want two products releasing on the same day (Enemy Within and the M2000) to ease the strain on dealing with issues?

And an alpha/beta still has certain standards. If those standards are not yet met, then ED should not release until those standards are met.

Well.. Didn't Razbam say their plane had been ready since monday. That's what i heard anyway..

EDIT:

Also, why do we allow SFM then? Is that really considered "proper standards"?

Good to see ED is taking the process step by step, making sure everything is in order before releasing to public. The worse thing they could do is rush quality control for the sake of the cry babies.

in all honesty, i'm surprised for a so deep internal testing for a public beta release, i find it very professional and proof of an high quality level product to be released to public even if it is "just a beta".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Well.. Didn't Razbam say their plane had been ready since monday. That's what i heard anyway..

Yes they did say that. It was ready and sent to ED for final testing in the new update coming for release to us all. You didn't read careful enough and you obviously don't understand the process this software goes through before it reaches us.

No one lied to you. You made erroneous assumptions.

• Like 1

EDIT:

Also, why do we allow SFM then? Is that really considered proper "standards"?

Correct, Razbam had the Mirage ready Monday, but ED still needs to package it into an installer and copy-protect it, which has to be tested as well. Guess this full package has been delivered to the testers for testing, from installing to bug hunting of the Mirage itself. Pains me like the rest of us, but it is what it is...

Oh, and I am with you on the SFM issue! It's not "DCS-worthy" unless it has AFM/PFM/EFM, but that's a whole other story.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

ED has some of the shortest Alpha-to-beta and beta-to-release times I've seen from a software company.

Go to the products page and see how many modules are still in beta... Some of them have been in beta for more than 1 year.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Yes they did say that. It was ready and sent to ED for final testing in the new update coming for release to us all. You didn't read careful enough and you obviously don't understand the process this software goes through before it reaches us.

No one lied to you. You made erroneous assumptions.

Alright, sorry. Im sure they are doing their best right now, but it still seems like an easily avoidable situation if there had been more communication between them. Sorry.