AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

second 129 of the video.

at least for me, in that POV, 3d cockpit from razbam seems totally ok.

dont even know if is the same version of aircraft i gotta admit. just saying maybe its a fov/pov dif.

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

He refers to the ASL issue in CCRP/Auto HUD mode, which it seems he will take care of (fingers crossed). This is a different issue that affects all HUD modes, including the most basic NAV mode.

Regards!

in his facebook post of the video, they said that they are aware of the bugs shown on the video and they are working on it.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Nearly all of the screenshots and videos seem to be made with very poor graphics settings, I'd like to see the pit with actual good settings before judging.
You mean like this?22b99839005c9b8b8869236a3fc1abe3.jpg

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

in his facebook post of the video, they said that they are aware of the bugs shown on the video and they are working on it.

^this

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Well...its also rigth there in the video description..among other similar information of the same nature...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep, ...and I think Zeus is professional enough, to fix it even if we point it out in a gentle manner.

• Like 1

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You'll really need to read the AV-8B flight and tactical manuals to answer your question in detail but the TL; DR

• The maximum permissible airspeed/Mach number AV-8B = 585 knot CAS / 1.0 mach.
  • Manual bombing tables show Mk-82's dropped @ 450 - 550 knot.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I was watching the latest vid and enjoying the VR view I will be enjoying and noticed at 8:57-9:05 a view of the det cord and was curious to ask if maybe it could be looked at again to perhaps improve it a bit? It just seems very segmented and looks lower res than rest of modelling as pic below shows. And the fact it stretches across the canopy view means it will be in constant view. Could it be improved?

WFTyUQ2.jpg

Also, see this pic

V5gJMM3.jpg

And this vid (Just amazing in-cockpit vid..watch it anyways!)

Neither exhibits the curve as in the latest dev vid..Is it an optical illusion?

Anyways, I look for low hanging fruit in my critiques so hopefully this is one that maybe you could consider reviewing. Will leave my request to see if nav lights can get rid of the glow ball effect for later..lol.

But looking real good. Very excited for it's early access availability.

Edited by Torso

Its wip. Razbam mentioned this in the video

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh really? The vid I watched had no commentary, just in game audio. If already on their to-tweak hit list then great. Just in case it wasn't wanted to suggest it and provide some resources that I drew from to back up my suggestion.

The TEXT from the latest video:

(...)"PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY

Video can cause motion sickness

Video can cause also, boredom (it's almost 30 minutes long)

THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN CLEARED TO PUBLIC RELEASE AFTER MANY REQUESTS OF MORE DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION BY THE DCS COMUNITY, so as such, it should NOT be considered in any way, form or regard as the final product, is here for you to see because you asked for it.

This is a test flight, mostly devoted to test "casual" flight, not using actual checklist on ordinance and weapons systems, but 1s timers "feel".

It's about a mock attack with MK82's, target are 2 warehouses protected by AAA and MANPADS, terrain is NTTR.

Aircraft load out is 6 MK82 + ALQ-164 Jammer pod in the center line station

Keep in mind, that we are aware of most noticeable bugs in this video, and they are in most cases solved, right now our priority stands in systems and flight behavior, followed by art (either 3d or textures) .

As usual, everything is a work in progress, that includes my flying.

Sounds are still DCS default jet engine sounds, accurate sounder is being developed."

Shagrat

The TEXT from the latest video:

(...)"PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY.....

Good deal. Did not watch the vid from the YT page, but from an embedded link elsewhere so did not see text comments below it. Sounds like it will be tweaked after other work is taken care of. Awesome.

Ron, during the landing, the FF gauge shows 019, is that 1900 pounds of fuel per minute?

The FF gauge reads pounds per minute - it's clearly still WIP.

The fuel flow indicator displays engine fuel flow in pounds per minute. It displays units, tens, and hundreds

Typical values at sea level when light (14,000 lb gross weight) 300 KCAS - 63 lb/min cruise, max continuous - 215 lb/min and combat - 310 lb/min (F402-RR-408 Series Engine).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

About the last AV-8B N/A video landing on the LHA, a little "bug". The LHA never travel with the landing dock door open and the wet harbour only has "inundate" on landing operation with the ship has trimmed to por to wet inundate the dock. The ship maintain stationary and "death" in the water on landing operations.

Some youtube videos of landing operations

tmVPdtIjy9A

XrZt2fQL_D0

e6slGCHThc8

To help RAZBAM, some NATOPS manuals and landing commander handbook.

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwic__vT7fXVAhVKPFAKHdnfDIAQFggnMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edavirtual.org%2Fdownload%2Fbooks%2FHarrier%2FNAVAIR-00-80T-106.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEsboGHhbW8z0mW_FFRa5tUlC1akQ

https://community.apan.org/cfs-file/__key/groupfiles/00-00-00-31-52/AMW-Handbook-OCT-2016.pdf

https://es.scribd.com/document/100717286/The-Naval-Beach-Group-NTTP-3-02-14-Rev-A-CDR-5161

About the last AV-8B N/A video landing on the LHA, a little "bug". The LHA never travel with the landing dock door open and the wet harbour only has "inundate" on landing operation with the ship has trimmed to por to wet inundate the dock. The ship maintain stationary and "death" in the water on landing operations.

Some youtube videos of landing operations

tmVPdtIjy9A

XrZt2fQL_D0

e6slGCHThc8

To help RAZBAM, some NATOPS manuals and landing commander handbook.

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwic__vT7fXVAhVKPFAKHdnfDIAQFggnMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edavirtual.org%2Fdownload%2Fbooks%2FHarrier%2FNAVAIR-00-80T-106.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEsboGHhbW8z0mW_FFRa5tUlC1akQ

https://community.apan.org/cfs-file/__key/groupfiles/00-00-00-31-52/AMW-Handbook-OCT-2016.pdf

https://es.scribd.com/document/100717286/The-Naval-Beach-Group-NTTP-3-02-14-Rev-A-CDR-5161

It´s not a bug, it´s a work in progress model, it shows stuff aimed for bigger things, please keep in mind everything I post is not final until said so, in fact, that Tarawa model is already obsolete and being upgraded currently and accordingly