AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can have my Ark Royal and Vince plans as well.

on ma mobile

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

One of our jets (Gr7) was brimstoned up for a hangar trial prior to Maverick arriving. Looked mean but the 'leaping heap' probably wouldn't have got airborne with that many. ;)
They don't weigh to much actually and they pack a serious punch! Around 400-500kg for 3 missiles and launcher rack.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The outrigger sidewinder rail is available in both Harriers, AV-8B/GR´s , it´s a design feature used by UK only (Spain and Italy don´t use it as well, mainly because they are based on the US AV-8B) the same way US opted for the GAU-12 gun pod while UK kept the ADEN twin set (which at the end they couldn´t use since the expended cartridges kept bumping on the fuselage).

Same design, same features, different views on how to use it

So the outrigger sidewinder pylon will be available in the DCS module?

Huzzah!

Not in the AV-8B

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What makes you say that? They are a legitimate option. Seldom used, sure, but still legitimate.

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Never is a very strong word my friend. Usually when used it is incorrectly applied.

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Never is a very strong word my friend. Usually when used it is incorrectly applied.

-Shadow

In this case it is correctly applied.

The outrrigger pylons are not authorized for carriage in U.S. aircrafts. The capability exists but it is not used and very likely never will be used on the US AV-8B.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Laarparts and Cott..seems like an eon ago now. :( You?

Small world......I spent 5 years at Cott, before Harriers arrived though, TTTE :D

Great camp.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Another week and no Harrier in the newsletter (*sigh*)...the wait is begining to hurt! :wallbash:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I think by the end of the month you'll see it.......just saying

It makes you wonder if there will even be a pre-sale.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals