DCS World 1.2 to 1.5 Now Available

SharpeXB

RIP DX9c, It was a looooong time coming...

...(waits for the flood of posts from users that arent DX11 compatible...)..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Do we have to delete the openbeta folder manually?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The most easy way is to copy (copy, not move) your 1.2.16 to a separate folder, say, 'DCS World 1.2.16' and let the original one to update to 1.5.

If you want to get a really pure 1.5 install and still save about 12 GB of downloads, then:

1) install 1.5 release into a separate folder

2) uncheck 'Start Download' box (!) at the last page

3) create a file dcs_local_source.txt in the 1.5-release install folder and paste a path to the original 1.2.16 install - this will pick unchanged files from 1.2.16 saving you about 12 GB worth of downloads

NOTE: save dcs_local_source.txt in UTF-8 encoding.

4) run 'Update DCS World' for you new 1.5-release install.

The new 1.5 release downloader actually found my 2.0 folder, without me creating the local source.txt, and started copying files instead of downloading everything. Good software!

Edited by emg

Currently the versions of both Open Beta and Release are the same version numbers.

I would imagine though further revisions might get applied to the Open Beta first? Just a guess on my part.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I uninstalled the 1.2.6 due the poor space in my SSD. Now I have only 1.5 and 2.0 Alpha.

Can I update my 1.5 beta to release version? at the moment I don't see any update to make release version my 1.5 beta using updater.

Please make a update for 1.5 beta to become release stable version. This three installation was really a no way and now I must download the whole 1.5 release again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, im sorry to ask....and sorry if i didnt understand yet.

I just have 2 installs DCS:

1. DCS World 1.5: wich says on my opening screen = Version 1.5.2.48726

2. DCS World 2.0: wich says on my opening screen = Version 2.0.0.48763

Do i have to uninstall 1.5 and install this new one relesead today (29/12/2015) ? Or do nothing ?

Anyway, thank you guys.

Johnler Maia

Edited by johnler

Punisher

The today's release is completely identical to the latest openbeta. The openbeta will continue to be ahead of the release versions or on par with them.

Have successfully upgraded to 1.5 from 1.2 :thumbup: Would you then suggest keeping 1.5 open beta as a test platform for future updates?

Thanks to the team for your great work.

Have successfully upgraded to 1.5 from 1.2 :thumbup: Would you then suggest keeping 1.5 open beta as a test platform for future updates?

Thanks to the team for your great work.

:huh:

The today's release is completely identical to the latest openbeta. The openbeta will continue to be ahead of the release versions or on par with them.

Maybe the servers havent been updated yet, so your version will differ to theirs.

Edited by BaconSarnie

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Corrupted Textures on Update of 1.2 to 1.5

My skys are black with stars, my cockpits are dark.

The update said it was successful.

I tried a repair of DCS World...no change.

How do I fix this dark world?

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Failed. Updated to released version of 1.5.2 today, but game refuses to run. I have repaired DCS and restarted my PC numerous times, but still version 1.5.2 refuses to run.

Very disappointing!

I have not done any beta/alpha testing and waited for 1.5 to go public release. So here it is and it fails to launch :(

What now?

Bell_UH-1 side.png

So I uninstalled 1.2 the other day as I was running out of disk space but still have 1.5.2.48726 & 2.0.0.48763.61 installed when it comes to DCS. Is there anything I need to in regards to 1.52 becoming public release? My main directory says "DCS World OpenBeta" for 1.52. Do I need to reinstall or anything?