First Person Shooter?

mytai01

No question to have a rifle in hand and shooting people but it could be pleasant to begin a mission in the briefing room and walking toward the aircraft or helicopter. The function is nearly implemented since with P-51, if you press Ctrl E 3 times as you are on the tarmac and engine off, you can walk freely around but you can't return to the plane, considered out of order since you ejected.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

God no, and since computer power won't scale up by 10 in the next decade we will be save from this.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah , vote for an Arma/ DCS merge , or a FPS aspect within DCS , and you are voting for a $10,000 computer to run 25 frames...

To be honest, this is pretty much I said a few years ago in a similar thread when someone was comparing DCS maps and ArmA maps.

But I believe the current DCS terrain engine is mature enough to see the ground gameplay expanded.

My old gripes was the lack of details and how everything was flat. Not anymore, not at all

The ability to enter/exit our aircraft and ground vehicles would really expand the scope of the game, it'd be a huge leap forward in player's imersion aswell as opening completely new doors from a mission design standpoint.

The requests for more "gaming" aspect are rising and IIRC have been acknowledged by ED.

Right now, even with the best mission designer, the way the player interacts with the game is quite sterile and almost nothing has been done about that since the begining of DCS World.

When you start a mission in DCS, the first thing you're greeted with is the bare bone, tiny briefing interface.

It doesn't feel like anything a pilot would experience before a flight and mission designer have very little ways to customize it, all they have at their disposal is a 512x512 picture feature and the ability to add, litterally, a wall of text.

The player reads it, while feeling completely disconnected from virtual world events and then is teleported to his aircraft.

The other day, I came across the VNAO Ready Room mod:

I really believe this is an important brick in the wall of imersion.

Get rid of the old briefing interface and replace it with something similar.

With a proper customisation feature, this could really help with the feeling of being there.

I took the liberty to annote a few of their pics to give an example of what I mean with customisation

E1dOtZ9.jpg

Z5LgVLW.jpg

Kinda like the briefing room . I don't see that degrading frames...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yeah, then it will be just like mission briefings in Arma... With idiots walking around bunny hopping, leaning side to side, looking at their feet, and screaming "REEEEEEEEEEEE" over comms. No thanks. Let's stick to airplanes, and to a very limited extent ground vehicles.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah , i'd prefer no walking , whenever i need a good laugh , i watch an Arma video . But to merely sit in the front of that briefing room , with map , large briefing screen and some recce photos , yeah , i'd go for that .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

With a playable FPS element, I could see douches getting a few of their buddies and deploying “plane-killer” groups, made up of a humvee and a truckload of manpads, and a UHF radio (for contacting their AWACS).

They’d be a bitch to find and destroy, and they’d just be wrecking everyone else’s fun.

With a playable FPS element, I could see douches getting a few of their buddies and deploying “plane-killer” groups, made up of a humvee and a truckload of manpads, and a UHF radio (for contacting their AWACS).

They’d be a bitch to find and destroy, and they’d just be wrecking everyone else’s fun.

Lol, wouldn't be too worried about manpads when in a fast mover. But what about a complete and realistic air warfare scenario where you pit a fully implemented Air Defense Network against the opposing air force, equipped with stealth planes, anti-radiation missiles and attack helicopters? DCS could go a long way in that direction and could well be the best offering with that style of gameplay if it can get it implemented in say the next 5 years.

You do realize that if the players are given a free hand with the mission editor, the gameplay can in principle be anything you want? You could make it a ground heavy scenario where you move your mechanized, armored elements supported by field artillery and the occasional air unit in a grand breakthrough operation - air assets being limited and surgical with plenty of counters - to the typical DCS where fast movers are king and anybody at ground level is targets to blow up. From experiencing and modifying well implemented combined arms scenarios it's plain obvious to me. The economy and the way the mission limits the availability of equipment allows players great liberties in setting the scenario.

The only thing you cannot do is kiss up to all the four winds and have everyone think you're just great. The balance vision is fundamental to the player experience and nobody enjoys being just a helpless target from start to finish. Also what makes a really good combined arms game is how the elements interact with each other and how they are integrated. Some competitors have done a really good job with what and how they decided to include and I believe DCS has had some limited success as well.

You may want to check out the thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167893 - we asked a slightly different question but already went to a bit more detail. This one seems to be a bit more in the spirit of let your fantasies run wild and see where they end up to :D

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Oh jeez... That's he last thing I want to happen with DCS. No more Call of Duty's!

(On another note it would be really cool if there was a DCS soldier. Think ARMA)

-SilentGun

Fps doesnt mean call of duty arcade.

See arma or squad for a military infantry sim

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Since we don't even have realistic aerial combat, yet. Let see them finish that first.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

I don't really need a full FPS. I think it'd be fun if they just gave the downed pilot reasonable controls and the ability to enter (friendly, owned) AI vehicles on the ground. It wouldn't take *that* much work to implement.