DCS World Updates Discussion

Wayc00lio

Updates good. Me luv updates. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday Update?

Good evening, has anyone seen or heard news if there will be an update this Friday, Tomorrow? Version 2 has some problems with the delta wing aircraft that have been resolved by the third party crews, but the patch hasn't been pushed as of yet. I know big things are in the works, with 2.5 and all, but I was curious to see if we are going to have some good news for the weekend. Inquiring simmers want to know :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope in 2.5 soon: it's a pain switch between 1.5 and 2.0 every time...

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

The best method of discovering whether there will be an update announced is to wait and observe the updates announcements.

Whilst we all understand how difficult it is for everyone to just wait and not ask pointless questions, by not asking, they would release more pixels for ED to use to actually make an announcement.

Also, here is a very subtle hint. If there isn't an announcement, then you can be pretty sure there won't be an update.

Looking back over recent announcements, you will also notice that they are generally made on a Friday, generally about the same time of day, and that will be in around 8 or so hours from now if there is to be an announcement and an update today.

I hope that helps you with your terrible dilemma.

I just hope for an update today that adds the fixes now declared done for some of the 3rd party modules (M200C, SA342, etc.)

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I just hope for an update today that adds the fixes now declared done for some of the 3rd party modules (M200C, SA342, etc.)

FinnJ

+1!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

New models of Gazelle and merged 2.5 v ;) !

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have been waiting for a fix to be able to continue the a10c red flag because right now the ai gets stuck in parking for about 4 weeks now :doh: ...meanwhile no news about hornet, clouds, grass, vapour effects, weather, explosions, terrain, flir, etc.

My thoughts exactly hope we get some good updates otherwise some good news besides sales on modules.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I have been waiting for a fix to be able to continue the a10c red flag because right now the ai gets stuck in parking for about 4 weeks now :doh: ...meanwhile no news about hornet, clouds, grass, vapour effects, weather, explosions, terrain, flir, etc.

Wags did give a bit of an update on the last live stream. He mentioned that the Black Sea Map was going to get a total overhaul with "new features" and we "would really like it". The Hornet was still being worked on, and they were working on expanding the NTTR map.

Wags did give a bit of an update on the last live stream. He mentioned that the Black Sea Map was going to get a total overhaul with "new features" and we "would really like it". The Hornet was still being worked on, and they were working on expanding the NTTR map.

Yep I do recall him saying something along those lines which is very good. I just wonder how far are they along percentage wise? As always it's that last 10 percent that seems to take the longest.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

For 2.5 im hoping for the extended ATC which they are working on for Nevada too.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

One step at a time. I suspect the Caucasus map will arrive in the 2.5 version in it's new form, but the NTTR expansion and other features will be bolted on over time. I have to agree though, a good in-depth ATC system would be a real game changer. For now though, the ability to run a release and one beta version of DCS World will be a great step in the right direction.

The bigger the gap between updates the more of a step we can anticipate I suspect. It'd be very welcome this weekend of course, but if it takes a couple more weeks without updates to realise because they're testing it to death first, and it arrives in a good robust form, then you won't hear me complaining.

The best method of discovering whether there will be an update announced is to wait and observe the updates announcements.

Whilst we all understand how difficult it is for everyone to just wait and not ask pointless questions, by not asking, they would release more pixels for ED to use to actually make an announcement.

Also, here is a very subtle hint. If there isn't an announcement, then you can be pretty sure there won't be an update.

Looking back over recent announcements, you will also notice that they are generally made on a Friday, generally about the same time of day, and that will be in around 8 or so hours from now if there is to be an announcement and an update today.

I hope that helps you with your terrible dilemma.

Wow, who peed in your cornflakes this morning? ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

:thumbup: lol

I wasn't having a dig, just waffling as always.

I don't eat cornflakes, I'm a toast and butter man myself. I can see that pouring out soggy cornflakes might have a very negative impact on my day, so I'll be on the lookout for that from now on, and definitely sticking to toast!

I have a good feeling we'll be seeing 2.5 in the next update then. No updates for 3 weeks means something big is brewing!

No update news here is definitely good news - even if it means we have to wait for the 3rd party updates a while longer.