New abris functions

karambiatos

I've noticed that clouds get displayed on the abris now, and i've noticed that there are 2 new functions in the abris charts page, that aren't translated to english and changing them doesn't seem to do anything, and i can't find any reference to this in the manual.

ZZOwZNq.jpg

E2l2zms.jpg

Also funnily enough if you zoom the map in the clouds will disappear.

6rmfiyo.jpg

So is this something that's not been fully implemented yet or is it some kind of bug?

Edited by karambiatos

Clouds on the ABRIS map? Dafuq? That doesn't sound right :huh:

Because its not right. I am reporting that one.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Oh man! Displaying clouds on ABRIS means that ABRIS works like a radar! Yaaaey! :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Or maybe that's a feature that leaked from the future radar display of the upcoming Ka-52 module that is about to come as the biggest surprise ever in the DCS rotorheads community!

Displaying the UTM grid has always been there. It was turned off by default. They just forgot to to translate it I guess.

Edited by BaD CrC

Or maybe that's a feature that leaked from the future radar display of the upcoming Ka-52 module that is about to come as the biggest surprise ever in the DCS rotorheads community!

If only.

Displaying the UTM grid has always been there. It was turned off by default. They just forgot to to translate it I guess.

Yeah i remembered i haven't played DCS in some time so i've forgotten some things.

The New Abris functions are indeed handy for confirming that I am indeed lost in low level cloud.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

Any possibility to remove that clouds??? This is really unrealistic and it is harder for me to play with that.

PS. Can someone guide to the topic where is spoken how to deal with AAA with black shark? Also I thank you if you guide me somewhere dealing Georgian Oil War with BS. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I have no clouds on Abris.

Deal with AAA? Stay far away and use Vikhrs. Also, you can kill most of AAA with Ka-50's 30mm gun. Most AAA engage at 3 or less kilometers away. From 3 km distance you can engage AAA with gun easily. Use HE shells for ground or truck mounted ZU-23 and AP shells for Shilkas. Stay far away from and use Vikhrs for Tunguskas.

I don't know what is "ZSU closed". If you mean ZSU-23-4 Shilka, then you can destroy it with AP ammo. Or if you have Vikhrs left, destroy it with them while keeping greater distance >=4km. ZSU-23-4 is kinda dangerous.

Also, when firing cannon, remember to re-lase to calculate distance accurately. I am sometimes lazy to lock my targets when firing cannon, so the distance is not updated.

I don't know about your style, but shitty aiming can be caused by that. The distance is not correct, re-lase to make sure that the distance displayed is correct.

...we went pretty OT here.

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

Yea, but how to deal with ZU-23 closed? I tried to kill it with Gun, this is nearly impossible (or i just shitty aimed :P)

ZU-23 Closed is basically the ZU-23 in a bunker of sandbags. Use your helmet mounted site to get your Shkval in the general direction. Make your small adjustments in whatever you use to slew your Shkval on your HOTAS. Turn your laser on, Turn On Target on, and Lock target. HE rounds will self destruct at 4km, AP rounds are only effective out to 2km(On hardened targets). You can kill a ZU-23 of any type with HE, once you hit the target and it begins to smoke, you have basically destroyed it, and it will stop firing. Just wait a few seconds and it will explode.

Hope this helps

Reaper6

And yes I would also like the clouds to be removed on ABRIS, If your not getting clouds or fog on yours you are probably flying during clear skies. At night in adverse weather this really hinders the Ka50.

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

• 3 weeks later...

HE on ZU-23 bunker with HMS walked up and down his punk ass is just the sweetest kill.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Didn't want to start new Thread with my ABRIS Problem, hijack this one..

Start Flying the deployment Campaign again, be currently in Mission 3 where you evacuate Shpora.

After I get in the air want over the search function for airfields make a fast waypoint for Navigation.(tested also in Mission editor)

But I encounter Problem when I start the alphabetical search for Airfields the List go's complete empty, with search function for Towns in works right.

Did I something wrong, or Bug in the Abris?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27