Buccaneer by the BANA Project

bombcam

Bomb cam.

South African Airforce Buc attacking a bridge on the Cuito river in Angola.

(pilots are talking in Afrikaans)

https://www.facebook.com/768797026523286/videos/903101399759514/

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So any news on the Buccs progress...? I'm dying to take it for a burn!

I would imagine lots of under the hood stuff going on. There likely isn't a whole lot of "Wow" stuff to show at the moment.

Correct ;) lots of numbers and figures, little in the way of eye candy. We're still here though, beavering away in between real world commitments! Some really good developments so far though that are remarkable given the short time we've been working on the project. Trust me, when we've got something to show you, you guys will be the first to see it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

How do you think about managing the second crew member and his functions?

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

Wow that Carrier looks great!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Buccaneer by the BANA Project

Hermes would be better or maybe Ark Royal...:music_whistling:

If only we knew someone planning to make one ;)

Edited by tombeckett2285

How do you think about managing the second crew member and his functions?

Yes, it has been thoroughly considered and isn't finalised yet but we've broadly got it mapped out.

I remember you saying earlier you were always needing extra help... Can you tell us what kind of help is needed to help move this along? I'd love to help in anyway I can but not sure where to (or if I even can) start.

I remember you saying earlier you were always needing extra help... Can you tell us what kind of help is needed to help move this along? I'd love to help in anyway I can but not sure where to (or if I even can) start.

Modellers and texturers mainly. All other things well covered at the moment, always subject to change though....

FYI. The South African Airforce also flew Bucs. I'm trying to get contact with former pilots & crew in order to create Campaigns based upon real life events.

Most of them are are on Facebook. Its just.. getting a direct response proves difficult :(.

Any tips would be appreciated!!

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

FYI. The South African Airforce also flew Bucs. I'm trying to get contact with former pilots & crew in order to create Campaigns based upon real life events.

Most of them are are on Facebook. Its just.. getting a direct response proves difficult :(.

Any tips would be appreciated!!

It may just be that they are not even seeing your messages. Since a while, messages coming from people who are not your facebook friends (or friends of friends too may be?) get filtered, and they will go to a different inbox. Recipients will not even get a notification for these, and they will not know such a message was sent unless they specificaly check that message box, which was named "other" or "filtered" as far as I recall.

May be, if they list an email adress on their profile, it might prove more fruitful to try and reach them with that.

Or may be, they just don't want to answer :D in which case... welll though luck for us archair pilots :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

yes, tx.. i found it a while back. Lotsa pix there and operational pilots in that group.

Suid-Afrikaanse Lugmag/South African Airforce buccaneer S.Mk50 flying over 1980's northern Angola .

13482989_10206346353514051_756911789724005811_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Edited by pappavis

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

• 2 weeks later...

FYI.

I've found a scenariowriter. Work on a Buccaneer campaign is starting.

Wanna help?

Read my blog post. Its in Afrikaans though. Get google translate ready..

http://erasmus-ict.nl/index.php/social/blog/77-dcs-buccaneer-scenario-schrijven

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

• 1 month later...