Buccaneer by the BANA Project

That would be awesome (All we need now is a tonka and we're laughing!)

Well, using the Su-25T avionics we can drop TV guided bombs which function effectively the same way as laser guided - with a little bit of simple coding we've incorporated we can change that to a GBU-16 so it looks more accurate and to the user functions in much the same way as a Pavespike guided LGB drop. We also have a few more weapon surprises up our sleeve that we hope you will enjoy ;)

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

Well, using the Su-25T avionics we can drop TV guided bombs which function effectively the same way as laser guided - with a little bit of simple coding we've incorporated we can change that to a GBU-16 so it looks more accurate and to the user functions in much the same way as a Pavespike guided LGB drop. We also have a few more weapon surprises up our sleeve that we hope you will enjoy ;)

*Cough* Hopefully MARTEL

TF on, 200ft, Hard Ride, 420kts...Nothing better

It had a Strike Sight - a very simple type of HUD. In case of radar guided attacks, the Blue Parrot radar provided heading information to a Targeting Circle. There was an Aiming Mark aligned with the aircraft nose, and indicators for roll angle and a simple TAS indicator below the Aiming Mark. In Depressed Sightline attacks, the Aiming Mark could be depressed for dive attacks, or in Laydown mode it was used to designate the aim point for the Control and Release Computer to calculate the release point.

When we get to the point of advanced system modelling we will hopefully produce an accurate interpretation of the Strike Sight, but until then, to provide usable weapons functionality we've got to use the Su-25T avionics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a license how are you going to do the ASM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Without a license how are you going to do the ASM?

PM sent. Perhaps I should have said a more cautionary 'if' rather than 'when', but custom aircraft systems are still very much within our plans for the Buccaneer.

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

Any plans to model the Pave Spike pod for self LGB deployment?

As you can see in the video, I've already created an AN/ALQ101 ECM pod. A pave spike is on it's way, but it might be difficult to integrate it with full functionality. Maybe we will create a Mercury pod replacement mod.

Edited by Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

I'm no coder or modeller, but I'm good at researching and finding out details and data. Is there any resources for your research you're missing or struggling to find that would be pretty handy? I'd love to help in any way I can, but I'm not gifted well in the computer side of things :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dad was saying he'd love to see the 12sq RAF colors in there.

I'd LOOOOOVE to see a 24 Squadron South African Airforce version :)

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by pappavis

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

24 Eskader, Suid-Afrikaanse Lugmag.

BTW.. on the facebook group "24 Squadron" are lotsa pix/airmen who operationally flew/maintained the Buccaneers for the South African Airforce.

24 Squadron South African Airforce Buccaneer refuelling somehwere <=1990's.

fOSd6Dh.jpg

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]