Which are the best modules so far ?

Mizzy

F-86 -

Cause it's one of my favorite early cold war jets, and I just love the way it flies and the details it has!

Mirage 2000 -

Well, let's just say, its the first highly detailed modern day fighter we've got for DCS in a very long time! It's also the closest thing to the F-16 and it is one of my absolute favorite French/European 4th gen birds!

FC3 -

Well, you can choose from various fighter and attack jets of the modern age, including one of my favorite, the F-15!

P-51 -

Well, my absolute favorite ww2 plane of all time, can't wait for more ww2 birds to fight with!

On a personal note, I really can't wait for more planes! It really sucks that so many planes, which were all once in development, just got cancelled like that!

I really hope somebody will revive the F-100 Supersabre and the F-104 Starfighter! Can't wait to see those in awesome gleaming metal paints

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I really hope somebody will revive the F-100 Supersabre and the F-104 Starfighter! Can't wait to see those in awesome gleaming metal paints

I agree. I would love to fly the F-100 Super Sabre and F-104 Aluminum Death Tube.

EDIT: I just realized that instead of naming myself JustVisiting I should have named myself Aluminum Death Tube.

Anyway, this thread caused me to buy the Mig-21 a few days ago and I really enjoy it. Mostly I've been flying the F-86 lately.

Edited by JustVisiting

I have purchased and flown the P-51 and A-10C and they are absolutely fantastic. Incredible detail and a real sense of accomplishment when you learn them... although you always are learning.

I was hooked on both immediately, but I believe my "hooked" moment for DCS in general was when I tried out my first ILS into Nellis with about 100 meters of visibility in the A-10C. Came out of the clouds and was nearly on the ground, centerline with 2 faint red and 2 faint white PAPI's to my left. Chills like a kid on Xmas. Taxied off and parked, shutdown and sat there in awe. Can't wait to do all this in VR.

So with that said, I don't think you can go wrong with any module. I also do have the F-15C and it is fun but I much prefer the clickable, 5-10 minutes to start the damn thing up models.

F-86 -

It would be awesome. I would love it if Belsimtek matched the F-100 Super Sabre and the F-104 with a historical rival, so the F-100 could be matched with the Mig-17F, as per Vietnam, and the F-104 could be matched against the Mig-19, as per the 1967 Taiwan Strait Conflict. That would be incredible. :thumbup: MJ

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rediscovering the P-51D. Not only are warbirds a hard to beat proposition in any flightsim, but the P-51D is just a dream to fly. Incredible flight model, and the skins are absolutely breathtaking, certainly with the new graphics engine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In some ways the Su-25T is my favorite, just from having so many hours in it. It takes ridiculous amounts of abuse and still gets you home. Despite people calling it fat and slow it can pull out surprising amounts of speed and agility if you treat it right (hanging the heaviest possible munition on every pylon and trying break turns at 250 km/h IAS is not treating it right).

I like the L-39 because every time I fly it my flying in every other fixed wing becomes noticeably better. It makes me a more disciplined pilot, not quite sure why. It just likes being flown in a more professional manner?

Mi-8. My favorite heli. This despite the fact that I have a talent for expending the entire payload without hitting a single target. Giant gobs of excess power and a cockpit that I find friendly. It sounds silly, but one of my favorite parts is performing engine start-up from the flight engineer's seat. Also the only helicopter that I have successfully landed more than one time while flying backward, without a tail-boom, and in excess of 50 km/h (it was not pretty, and I still don't know how I managed it).

Su-27. I've loved Flankers since I was a kid. A fully modelled version would be a dream come true, but in the meantime I'll take what I can get.

F-18C Hornet. The only reason it's not at the top of the list is that it's not out yet.

Combined Arms. The Inta Humar MP missions that VF-113 put together were great, and live air defense can be a lot of fun. The post mission tank battles were also a blast. For mindless pleasure in DCS it's hard to beat a firing range mission where you use a Shilka or Tunguska to turn a fuel convoy of tanker HEMTTs into smoking ruin. Or using a Bradley to do the same to a bunch of Urals.

A-10C. I would like this plane more if I took it less seriously. As in not trying to have all the checklists filled out correctly. I also run into issues with not having enough inputs on my HOTAS. It feels too much like flying an office instead of flying an airplane, but I'll revisit it if I ever get around to a serious input hardware upgrade, I have fond memories of the Hog from a long ago "sim."

Ka-50 has the same issues as the A-10C, but I like the twin rotor design. It would come ahead of the A-10C if I didn't have a strong preference for fixed wing over rotorcraft.

I also have the Hawk, Huey, Su-25A, F-15C and TF-51 which I fly on occasion.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

F-18C Hornet. The only reason it's not at the top of the list is that it's not out yet.

A-10C. I would like this plane more if I took it less seriously. As in not trying to have all the checklists filled out correctly. I also run into issues with not having enough inputs on my HOTAS. It feels too much like flying an office instead of flying an airplane, but I'll revisit it if I ever get around to a serious input hardware upgrade, I have fond memories of the Hog from a long ago "sim."

If you don't like the A-10C for being like a flying office, I'm not sure how the F/A-18C is going to be at the top of your list.

It will be like a flying supersonic office. Much better. :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I always find myself in the MiG-15Bis when I just want to relax and FLY ;)

For combat I love the Ka-50

For combat-fun you cant beat the Huey. Tune in some 'nam tunes and you are in the middle of it :)

It is hard to say which one, they differ so much and most if not all are jewels of a rare kind

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Of the ones I have, my favorites are the following:

Flaming Cliffs 3- so many planes plus Russian carrier ops. What's not to love. Not to mention it includes the Eagle and Flanker, which I also have separately (bought before I bought FC3)

Mi-8 Hip- I LOVE Big Bertha! She does not try to kill me nearly as much as the Huey does.

L-39- Of all the DCS aircraft this is the one I would most want to fly in real life if given the opportunity. I know MOST of the aircraft's systems and how it is flown just from spending so much time simming with it in various sims.

Most anticipated releases- F-14 Tomcat, Harrier, and CARRIER OPS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

My selection:

A-10C Warthog - My first DCS aircraft and my all time favorite. It's just a god like feeling to sit in the cockpit above the battlefield, managing all the sensors, weapons and other systems to inflict as much damage to the enemy as possible :joystick:

UH-1H Huey: This bird is a legend. Nothing is cooler than landing in a hot LZ, guns blazing, to drop/evac troops under enemy fire 8)

MiG-21 Fishbed: Such a lovely bird. It makes you feel the 60s and the cold war with it's antique avionics and the electric buzzing :D

FW-190 Dora: A nice pice of german engineering. The cockpit is well designed and not as cramped as other WW2 cockpits and it has pretty advanced functionality for a WW2 bird :pilotfly:

Currently I'm mostly flying the M2000 which still lacks some features, but is already great fun to fly and fight with. It's the first aircraft that gives me a good chance against all these FC3 jockey.

I'm currently waiting for the AJ-37 Viggen, F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18 Hornet, Me 262 and Bo-105 :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg